Thread: KRS One Said Russell Simmons Didn't Want Def Jam Artists On Stop The Violence Song

-

Default KRS One Said Russell Simmons Didn't Want Def Jam Artists On Stop The Violence Song

I'm listening to a KRS One interview now on Youtube and he talks about Russell Simmons didn't want Def Jam artists doing Self Destruction song or another song that promoted stop the violence movement that KRS One had put together in the 80's. I didn't know about this and i wanna say fuck Russell. It's important to talk about stop the violence with blacks and rappers need to get on a important song like that to talk about this. Russell is a fool for telling his artists not to do the song. KRS said DMC and Jam Master Jay showed up to the video but Run wasn't there and he said he appreciated that. KRS also said LL Cool J did the song but he didn't show up to the video. Props to KRS for doing Self Destruction song and putting together Stop The Violence movement. I love listening to KRS talk because he's so intelligent. I haven't watched a lot of his interviews but i'm gonna check them out on Youtube.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.

Link?
    The video LL didn't show up for was HEAL. This is also the song with DMC and JMJ without Run.

Last edited by Punch; 09-08-2013 at 03:54 PM.
    As for myself: I had come to the conclusion that there was nothing sacred about myself or any human being, that we were all machines, doomed to collide and collide and collide.
    - Kurt Vonnegut

fuck, cj , how you gonna talk about THE Teacha and not link.....copy and paste brotha please !!!

-

Punch, thanks for posting the song. I never heard it.

The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.