Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who's In Charge Of Casting???

Default Who's In Charge Of Casting???

First they cast Zoe Saldana as Nina Simone...

Then they cast Tyler Perry as Malcolm X...

And now Terrance Howard is cast to portray Nelson Mandela...

Worst casting choices ever!

What are some of the craziest casting screw-ups you've seen in movies?
    http://i.imgur.com/GdghXmu.jpg

I think they could have got a different clown to play the part in PMS COP

^^
    agreed, that clown could be the one single thing that stops this film from being an epic piece of cinema history!

Rofl @ coon boy Tyler perry as malcom x...epic failure

I'm telling you... sometimes I can kinda like look at things from different angles and be like

But this bullshit I've been seeing lately makes NO gatdamn sense.

-

Terrence Howard is playing Nelson Mandela in a movie about Winnie Mandela which is played by r&b singer Jennifer Hudson. Idris Elba is doing a movie about Nelson Mandela and he plays Nelson because i saw the movie poster. Terrence and Idris are good actors. I don't see a problem with Terrence playing Nelson. Where did you find out Tyler Perry is playing Malcolm X? Denzel already played him. So why is there another movie that's gonna have Malcolm X?

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.

Terrence Howard is playing Nelson Mandela in a movie about Winnie Mandela which is played by r&b singer Jennifer Hudson. Idris Elba is doing a movie about Nelson Mandela and he plays Nelson because i saw the movie poster. Terrence and Idris are good actors. I don't see a problem with Terrence playing Nelson. Where did you find out Tyler Perry is playing Malcolm X? Denzel already played him. So why is there another movie that's gonna have Malcolm X?
    They are good actors, but so not right for these parts.

And here's more info on the unnecessary tragedy that is Tyler Perry's Malcolm X movie.

http://www.therundown.tv/headlines/m...pcoming-movie/

Also... could this poster say "Tyler Perry" on it a few more times please?

Omg lmfao.....i...just....cant anymore

not taking anything away from his performance which i thought was fine but i wasnt feeling their choice to cast Will Smith as Ali.

I agree. In order to remember that was supposed to be Ali you had to reeeeally concentrate. lol Will Smith is one of those actors where no matter where you put him, he's still just Will Smith.

Thank God it turns out the Tyler Perry's Malcolm X was an idea he had last year that never actually made it into production.

Probably because he and everybody else realized it was wack.

Nice save, Hollywood!

I think a good casting choice would be if they got Rodj from What's Happening to play Farrakhan.

-

BeautiFlyB, who do you think should play Nelson Mandela? Like i said, i don't see anything wrong with Terrence and Idris playing him. LOL@movie poster of Tyler Perry's Malcolm X hahahahahahahahahahaha. I don't know why he's doing that because Denzel already did it and that's good enough. I think Will Smith did a good job playing Muhammad Ali. I didn't like people on here criticizing the Notorious director because he had Anthony Mackie playing 2Pac. Ya'll act like the director was supposed to get a actor that looks just like 2Pac LOL. I feel the same way for what some of ya'll are saying about certain actors shouldn't be playing these famous people unless they look just like them LOL. That's retarded. Roger who played on What's Happening tv show who's real name is Ernest Thomas did play a muslim in Malcolm X movie. I think he could play minister Farrakhan. Good choice Check Two LOL.

The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.

BeautiFlyB, who do you think should play Nelson Mandela?
    Morgan Freeman.

And I'm not saying that casting directors are supposed to only pick people who look exactly like the person they are to portray, but damn. at least get somebody close. Otherwise they either look nothing like them and the believability is lost, or they have to do so much too them to make them look the part that they end up looking retarded and overly made up so... believability again is lost.

The actor's image & acting should blend so well with the image and reality of the person they're playing that we completely forget it's acting. For example; Jamie Foxx as Ray Charles.

-

Good choice picking Morgan. I think he would do a good job playing Nelson and he kinda looks like him. Jamie Foxx does kinda look like Ray Charles and i was happy he won a oscar for that.