Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: why Jay-Z will never be the GOAT :

-

Big L's only album Lifestyles Of The Poor And Dangerous is better than all of Jay-Z's albums hahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Big L is a better rapper than Jay-Z and if Big L had lived, his albums would've been better than Jay-Z's albums because he would've stayed underground. He would've never did some corny mainstream songs like Jay-Z did just to sell records. What album is that Big L song on called No Skins No Endz? Is that song on a album of his that has some unreleased songs? I like that song and the video. I see Dres of Black Sheep, Lord Finesse, Showbiz were in the video. Did Showbiz produce that song?

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

Lol y'all hate jigga so much.
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

I dont hate Jay-Z, and I respect his hustle game.

another thing I think we can all agree is that he doesnt has a good voice.

Prodigy, Big Pun and Method Man are exemples of rappers with good voices in my opinion.
    Last edited by Apocalypse; 09-15-2013 at 08:03 PM.

I don't understand the appeal of an artist who is both predictable and worships big business.

Reasonable Doubt was a loooong time ago.

Big l slick n witty punches rubbed off on jigga round the rd era

My evidence, my own testament, written on wood
    Twelve tribes layin at the head of corners in hoods
    Hell razah

Big L's only album Lifestyles Of The Poor And Dangerous is better than all of Jay-Z's albums hahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Big L is a better rapper than Jay-Z and if Big L had lived, his albums would've been better than Jay-Z's albums because he would've stayed underground. He would've never did some corny mainstream songs like Jay-Z did just to sell records. What album is that Big L song on called No Skins No Endz? Is that song on a album of his that has some unreleased songs? I like that song and the video. I see Dres of Black Sheep, Lord Finesse, Showbiz were in the video. Did Showbiz produce that song?
    Yes, Showbiz produced that song and it's on "Lifestyles". Your memory must be fading CJ!

@HollowDartz: Yeah, Jigga seems to be an easy guy to hate. (especially here) Personally, I think Jay was the master of doing commercial songs. Almost ALL of the time, his commercial songs weren't so corny that I didn't enjoy them either. "Big Pimpin" has one of Timbo's best beats EVER

I think Jay's early material is better than Big L's first two albums. The lyricism on Reasonable Doubt is excellent. A lot of Big L's lines were nonsense, just random punchlines, no subjectmatter whatsoever. Content > random punchlines. I never understood how he got the title 'Punchline king'. There are rappers with better punchlines and at the same time they actually have something to say. I still think Lifestylez is a good album, but people overrate Big L. His posthumous album had one of my fav L tracks: Casualties of a Dicegame.

Seriously what's up with the Jay-Z hate. There are way worse artists you people seem to enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    I dont hate Jay-Z, and I respect his hustle game.

another thing I think we can all agree is that he doesnt has a good voice.

Prodigy, Big Pun and Method Man are exemples of rappers with good voices in my opinion.
    I don't agree. Jay-Z has a good voice.

The Jigga Man is like top 5 to me. It goes DOOM (ALL CAPS) then Q-Tip then Rae then Then Ghost theeen Hov

Look..I'm not a big jay fan but ya,l tripping if u think reasonable doubt isn't a top contending album..seems like people forget this dude has potential to drop heaters

Quote Originally Posted by Sosa View Post
    I don't understand the appeal of an artist who is both predictable and worships big business.
    This. Reasonable Doubt has noteworthy production, but Jay-Z still rhymes about materialism and doesn't have much substance. I can't give props to a dude with little content and an over sized ego, who proceeds to flaunt endlessly when he becomes financially stable, while not giving a care in the world about those who still struggle. It's moronic and juvenile.

Quote Originally Posted by Young Gun View Post
    I can't give props to a dude with little content and an over sized ego, who proceeds to flaunt endlessly when he becomes financially stable, while not giving a care in the world about those who still struggle. It's moronic and juvenile.
    Most rappers have big egos and flaunt endlessly. Jay-Z might boast about his money, but don't act like he doesn't care about people with struggle, the dude is a philanthropist. He's donated to many things like during 9/11 and Katrina.

Quote Originally Posted by KJR View Post
    Lets be real....RD, BP, and even the Black Album are better than ANY Big L album.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanha View Post
    "And even Black album"??

You make it sound like if the Black Album was mediocre or something. Shit was hot!
    Quote Originally Posted by MaskedAvenger View Post
    No, RD i would say is better although they are different and difficult to compare. I would listen to these two albums when I'm in two totally different moods.
    True. I also feel that Big L is a case of unfulfilled potential. If he got a production team with a vision, he could've made one of the top 10 hip hop albums imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by JASPER BEARDLY View Post
    Wtf

d.i.t.c. was arguably the greatest prod team of all time

lifestylez is a classic in my book
    Those beats haven't aged that well to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by prof zooruka View Post
    I agree d.i.t.c beats seem dated from what I have heard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollow Dartz View Post
    Lol y'all hate jigga so much.
    Quote Originally Posted by J.T.S. View Post
    Big l slick n witty punches rubbed off on jigga round the rd era
    Yes, Showbiz produced that song and it's on "Lifestyles". Your memory must be fading CJ!

@HollowDartz: Yeah, Jigga seems to be an easy guy to hate. (especially here) Personally, I think Jay was the master of doing commercial songs. Almost ALL of the time, his commercial songs weren't so corny that I didn't enjoy them either. "Big Pimpin" has one of Timbo's best beats EVER
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFunkyDrummer View Post
    I think Jay's early material is better than Big L's first two albums. The lyricism on Reasonable Doubt is excellent. A lot of Big L's lines were nonsense, just random punchlines, no subjectmatter whatsoever. Content > random punchlines. I never understood how he got the title 'Punchline king'. There are rappers with better punchlines and at the same time they actually have something to say. I still think Lifestylez is a good album, but people overrate Big L. His posthumous album had one of my fav L tracks: Casualties of a Dicegame.

Seriously what's up with the Jay-Z hate. There are way worse artists you people seem to enjoy.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFunkyDrummer View Post
    I don't agree. Jay-Z has a good voice.
    Quote Originally Posted by INF View Post
    The Jigga Man is like top 5 to me. It goes DOOM (ALL CAPS) then Q-Tip then Rae then Then Ghost theeen Hov
    Quote Originally Posted by RADIOACTIVE MAN View Post
    Look..I'm not a big jay fan but ya,l tripping if u think reasonable doubt isn't a top contending album..seems like people forget this dude has potential to drop heaters
    Quote Originally Posted by Young Gun View Post
    This. Reasonable Doubt has noteworthy production, but Jay-Z still rhymes about materialism and doesn't have much substance. I can't give props to a dude with little content and an over sized ego, who proceeds to flaunt endlessly when he becomes financially stable, while not giving a care in the world about those who still struggle. It's moronic and juvenile.
    Most rappers have big egos and flaunt endlessly. Jay-Z might boast about his money, but don't act like he doesn't care about people with struggle, the dude is a philanthropist. He's donated to many things like during 9/11 and Katrina.

-

I just watched Big L's No Skinz No Endz video and i didn't see Lord Finesse. I saw Fat Joe in the video. LOL@Big L saying on the song, a girl asked me for a ring and i put one around her eye hahahahahahahaha. He also said a girl asked him for some money and he said he wouldn't give a girl 10 cents to put cheese on a whopper from Burger King LOL. Big L was funny and i miss him. He's better than Jay-Z dead LOL. Ain't none of Jay-Z's albums better than Lifestyles Ov Da Poor And Dangerous album. I would put Big L in my top 5 of the best rappers of all time. His lyrical skills was crazy.

The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.

^Reasonable Doubt pimp slaps Lifestyles with its eyes closed.