Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RZA Explains Ghostface Killah & Raekwon Rock The Bells Absences

CORNED BEEF SAMMICH the blazed sage's Avatar

Default RZA Explains Ghostface Killah & Raekwon Rock The Bells Absences

Exclusive: RZA also details Wu-Tang Clan's technical difficulties from Rock The Bells 2013's opening weekend in San Bernardino, California.

Marred by technical difficulties and missing Wu-Tang Clan members, the 2013 Rock The Bells tour began on an uneven note. The technical issues that plagued last week’s Los Angeles, California (September 8) leg of the Hip Hop festival were not replicated in San Francisco, California this weekend (September 15). There were no visible sound complications during the highly anticipated Ol’ Dirty Bastard virtual performance in San Francisco, for instance, though Raekwon and Ghostface Killah were again absent from Wu-Tang’s headlining performance.

HipHopDX spoke with RZA following Wu-Tang’s San Francisco set. When asked for his thoughts on the difference between last week’s show in Los Angeles and this week’s Bay Area performance, the Wu member cited an improved “energy” amongst the group.

“Our DJ’s [DJ Allah Mathematics] computer blew up and shit,” RZA said during an exclusive interview with HipHopDX. “This week we didn’t have no technical difficulties and I think that this week, I felt the energy was better and the spirit was better.”

RZA also provided an explanation as to why Raekwon and Ghostface Killah have yet to perform with Wu-Tang Clan during the tenth anniversary of Rock The Bells.

“They’re bullshitting,” he said. “There’s no reason for them not to be here. But the beautiful thing is, ‘Okay, you’re not here, but guess what: we’re bringing the technology of [Ol’ Dirty Bastard] on your ass. [Laughs]’”

That's a hell of an explanation RZA provided there. "They bullshitting". Now I understand.

Not surprised. Sounds like 8 Diagrams all over again.

What does that even mean?

Terry Cloth Rudolph Joint Sky Blue Bally Kid's Avatar

lol...

When I'm writing in my room

It's like a child that's fighting in the womb

- KP -

PRODIGAL SUN

I belived ghost and rza had squashed all previous beef due to their collaboration on 12 reasons to die. he probably want another check. raekwon was holdin the torch for a bit. but i feel like he lost it tryin to drop F.I.L.A which just seems like his wizard of poetry. and refusin to work on the next wu lp.
    Unloyal Snakes get thrown in boilin Lakes Of Hot Oil

Veteran Member

surprise....the same guys who had the most problems with 8D & RZA are up to their old antics now

Banned

the only legit excuse is they're working on their solo albums

Maybe they thought the idea of an ODB hologram was incredibly stupid.

Hello, everybody! DR. NICK RIVIERA's Avatar

GFK and Rae do their own thing and get more cash. I can understand that.

Also a lot of people are saying RZA lost it years ago and also his posse is taking too much money.
    bring back begongo!!

Veteran Member

shouldnt have said anything, let them answer for themselves

the show was booked months in advance, if they miss it let them provide an excuse
    poppa large, big shot on the east coast..

Banned

This is why a new wu LP is going to fail
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

CORNED BEEF CUNT

Honestly i gotta give ghost a pass hes already said that he owes everything to rza and planned on giving as many verses for ABT as rza needed. Rae on the other hand.....dis nigga need to wake up and realize that f.i.l.a. shit hes on is wack and every track i heard that was decent he gets merked by that young nigga on iceh20 (cant remember his name but hes young and from canada). He acts as if rza never did shit for him and like hes the only one with an ear for grimy production. Nigga too busy tryin to get his dominican grease waves poppin that he fails to realize hes sounded like shit the past 6 months to a year. His flow is almost on that gza sleep induce level right now and i really hate when he whispers on the track lol....oh well THIS Raekwon wouldnt have been able to contribute much anyway get a couple coke darts from him and call it a day. As long as ghost is still a heavy contributer to the new album the loss of raekwon wont matter much (atleast with snorlaxe rae)....

Quote Originally Posted by GhostlyRaes View Post
    Honestly i gotta give ghost a pass hes already said that he owes everything to rza and planned on giving as many verses for ABT as rza needed. Rae on the other hand.....dis nigga need to wake up and realize that f.i.l.a. shit hes on is wack and every track i heard that was decent he gets merked by that young nigga on iceh20 (cant remember his name but hes young and from canada). He acts as if rza never did shit for him and like hes the only one with an ear for grimy production. Nigga too busy tryin to get his dominican grease waves poppin that he fails to realize hes sounded like shit the past 6 months to a year. His flow is almost on that gza sleep induce level right now and i really hate when he whispers on the track lol....oh well THIS Raekwon wouldnt have been able to contribute much anyway get a couple coke darts from him and call it a day. As long as ghost is still a heavy contributer to the new album the loss of raekwon wont matter much (atleast with snorlaxe rae)....
    Foreal Raekwon just seems really arrogant and alot more shit recently. He thinks hes the best in the WU cos his first OB4CL! ! Rae you wasnt the one who made that a big album, the whole of your team did especiallly RZA. Man most tunes Rae sounded hungry and made
    most sense now he whispers and trys to say shit in coded way like he a genius. Raes featuring in lotsa tracks now, rappers respect him,rae as a business man is on point but as an artist.way too arrogant.. I dont miss his present style or flow on wu tracks.. Rza should boot his ass outta the clan lol

To be honest, the Wu is a thing of the past to me... As a group anyway. I dont believe RZA will be sharp enough for anybodys taste. Even if the generals go all in, RZA will fuck it up again.

Ghostface is still making incredible music (12 RTD), and has a lot more in store.

Deck dropped an impresive project (Czarface) that caught me by surprise tbh because Manifesto was trash.

U-God's project was a 3.5 out of 5, which to me is a good effort and listenable.

GZA has not dropped it years, and I dont believe his next album will interest me.

Meth actually has been sounding great lately... U gods album, Wu Block album ... Flow is still sharp.

Masta Killa has a very promising project coming out.

RZA has lost his mind.... His beats on Ugods album were a complete fucking joke?!?! Smh. Although that joint he made for Talib was ill... But he just never seems to hook the Clan members with heat unless your name is Ghostface or Method Man. I always get excited to see his name on a production, but when I click its always a let down. Anybody notice how lazy hes gotten? Loops a record and doesnt even bother to add drums? Smh

Raekwon is trying to hard to be liked by the comercial industry, radio and the ladies. He is trying to keep up with the younger cats and I get it, but its over for that shit Rae... You will never again put up big numbers. Cl2 did well because of the hype, and the name. He still spits heat (Wu Block album), but again, This flashy commercial shit isnt for you.

Cappa.......... Lol... I cant lie, I dont listen to his solos ever when they come out. The last one i heard was the struggle and it was descent.

They are in twightlight of their careers, this album is an oppurtunity to go out like the gods they once were. All I say is give the real fans what they want. Fuck the radio... Fck what Kanye has to say about the album... Fuck your pride and creativity... Give us that WU shit that made us fall in love.

I havent ranted in a bit on the corp lol, but just needed to say that.

However, I am happy with the current state of hip hop. Danny Brown, Roc Marciano, Action Bronson, kendrick Lamar, and some of the other up and coming cats have kept me entertained this year.