Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dopest Femcees - Past & Present

Default Dopest Femcees - Past & Present

Post your favorite Female Emcees. Music, Lyrics, Pics, Quotes, etc. Go!
    http://i.imgur.com/GdghXmu.jpg

MC Lyte

"Rapper, say what you must, you silly wordsmith. However some of You mainstream MCs, your pocket has been fattened yet your value has diminished. Your family eats plenty while your words sell your brothers and sisters out, sacrificing our character so that you may be held on high on magazine covers and #1 radio spots and wherever else they'll have you. They love to see you disown your own. Attempting to split yourself a part from the whole. The whole that still adores you despite the disrespect and mistreatment.

Bout time someone told you Your voice is not your own, it's gifted by God & his angels and your voice, believe it or not, belongs speaking love to the people. Yet you defy love every time you sing a song of hate. Born to lead yet Your leadership is comedic and less than fit for a nation of people who so desperately need to be led. You punish our young men with verbal lashings, reminding them with every other line, how much they don't have and how you were meant to simply f*ck the girl they so love. Rarely sharing an inspiring word to enlighten our youth when knowing our sons really need to be sonned. In need of father figures they dance to your drums and mimic your rhythm. Please dance a new dance, sing a new song.

Your compass has lost it's way. While your brothers are shooting themselves off with a vengeance, you unknowingly are killing those who are left, softly.

Please brother and sister, I beg of you Wake Up!! And for those who are just pretending to be sleep yet continue to push a song of ignorance...we hope some day soon...you see US"

-Lana Michelle Moorer aka MC LYTE-

L. Boogie

"Of the world spun by evil men with lies // Only programmed to agree with what we see before our eyes // Running after status quo on a television show // Just a picture perfect life, its the only life we know // And this uncomfortable reality got me chasing, chasing fallacy // And the pace the pace is killing me // But I so willingly practice it // Just like its my friend // When the whole world is a hustle

Exactly where did we arrive in this manufactured life // to Sell my soul just to survive // In the game of numbers I must thank the Gods of Industry for the opportunity // or I display such loyalty for the way that they exploit me // Oh to consider life outside of this // Just like a splinter in my mind persists // But the ministry of fear exists // Only to keep me from knowing the truth // Stealing my youth // When the whole world is a hustle

To escape familiarity means that I must face the fear in me // And do something with this greed in me In order to address this need in me // Oh but I must confess the pride I keep // Protecting as if its my friend // Oh, when will it end? // When the whole world is a hustle

To consider life outside of this // Just like a splinter in my mind persists. // But the ministry of fear exists // Only to keep me from knowing the truth. // And its my excuse // When the whole world is a hustle

Oh to escape this mere analogy means I must face the fear in me // And do something with this greed in me // In order to address this need in me // Oh but I must confess the pride I keep // Protecting as if its my friend until the bitter end // When the whole of the world is a hustle

Everybodys got it going on (yeah right!)
    Everybodys so damn strong (yeah right!)
    When the whole of the world is a hustle

I must exercise my faith
    When the whole world is a hustle"

-Ms. Lauryn Noelle Hill aka L. Boogie-

De mijne is 4x duurder!

^^ Although I'm not really feelin this new onslaught of little white girls "rappin" like Lil' Debbie & the like... I Do fux with Iggy

Iggy Azalea

"She’s white, she’s blonde, she’s Australian, she models, and she raps like she grew up in an Atlanta trap. Like it or not, Iggy Azalea has planted her Louboutins in American hip-hop and has no intention of going back to the Land Down Under."
    -Complex Magazine, October 2013-

"I always thought that there was something in hip-hop culture that was the misfit of all the musical styles, where they didn't really belong. They're kind of like, "No, we're a real culture! We're not going anywhere, you can't get rid of us!" I really liked that there was a rebelliousness about it. I connected with that. Also, I liked the flashiness of it and the way everybody dressed—all the crazy chains and crazy style. Everything about it, I was interested."
    -Amethyst Amelia Kelly aka Iggy Azalea-

I hate the word femcee, but here is my pic.

Last edited by zooruka; 10-06-2013 at 07:38 PM.

for Iggy Azalea

Ive been listening to these female mcs of todays era:

Gavlyn, Soulcat E5, Yarah, Riverie, Apani B.Fly, Klassy

Last edited by chiba; 10-07-2013 at 12:21 AM.

courtesy of Bobby_Digital72

Non Ignorants

1. Lauryn Hill

2. Jean Grae

3. Rah Digga

That's about it

Boss and Mia X.

PRODIGAL SUN

Coco Barbie:

Thirstin Howl the 3rd ft. Hurricane G:

MC Lyte will Always be #1, followed by Lauryn but there's plenty of dope females kicking it..

check out this impressive joint with MC Lyte, Bahamadia, Nonchalant and a girl called Yo-Yo, produced by Pete Rock in the mid-'90s non the less!!!!

some underground classics... Sah-B was down with Lords Of The Underground and House Of Hits and recorded a full album prod. by Marley and K-Def which unfortunately was shelved (it wasn't until a few months ago that a true digger actually came across a promo cassette of the full thing). only a 12" dropped, but it's a true Classic - one side laced by K-Def and one by Marley:

and since we're speaking about female emcees and K-Def can't forget this Classic!

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

Rah Digga Ft. Pharoahe Monch & Lord Have Mercy - "Tight" Remix

Hurricane G & Busta Rhymes (prod. Diamond D) - "Far Away" *

* can't listen right now, but it's a rare song from a White label though it seems from the description that this is a live version.. hope i'm wrong bc the studio version is crazy!!

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

Lauryn Hill is one of the dopest, male or female.

Her verse on Zealots is a masterpiece. Not only are the lyrics on point but she raps it in the melody to the song sampled for the beat.
    As for myself: I had come to the conclusion that there was nothing sacred about myself or any human being, that we were all machines, doomed to collide and collide and collide.
    - Kurt Vonnegut