Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: rocmarci "The pimpire strikes back "

DuncanHine Monument Cakes CEITEDMOFO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLE EYE View Post
    it's 2013. Enjoy that Jersey time warp.
    I CAN PUT IT ON MY PHONE AND PLUG IT TO MY NAVIGATION SYSTEM FOR MY CAR, BUT TOO LAZY TO KEEP PLUGGING SHIT

SO SINCE MY CD PLAYER PLAYS MP3s, I CAN BURN 1 CD WITH DATA INSTEAD OF AUDIO, AND BURN 7 ALBUMS IN 1 CD

MY NEXT CD IS GONNA BE THE NEW ROC MARCY, NEW ACTION, NEW PUSHA T, SPRINKLES OF THE NEW TERM & HUS & DRAKE, AND BOLDY JAMES/ALC, BLACK MILK AND BLAQ POET

F
    Quote Originally Posted by CEITEDMOFO View Post

PRODIGAL SUN

this shit go hard.

crime inspiring as fuck.

be listening to this as i drunkenly write my name all over my city.

i fucks with that knowledge the pirate cat too hes dope.

Quote Originally Posted by dret.izm View Post
    this shit go hard.

crime inspiring as fuck.

be listening to this as i drunkenly write my name all over my city.

i fucks with that knowledge the pirate cat too hes dope.
    You should write this on your resume.

This gets better with every spin. Ice Cream Man just blows everything out the water!!

DuncanHine Monument Cakes CEITEDMOFO's Avatar

ICE CREAM MAN IS INDEED CLASSiC , ON SOME MASTER P ShIT

Fag^

^^
    how long have you and heat been getting it on?

Quote Originally Posted by check two View Post
    ^^
    how long have you and heat been getting it on?
    lord jamar is right!

this shit is fantastic, Roc is ALWAYS on point, one of the meanest flows in the entire rap game - not just now, but overall... this man is on his way to becoming a true legend, shit i was blown away by him when I first heard him on "Anarchy" "PeteStrumentals" back in the early 2000s, and then The UN album came along. his quality is so fucking constant is ridiciolous.

as far as "The Pimpire Strikes Back" this is more of an album than a mixtape, and as such it actually holds down well against "Reloaded" and "Marcberg". while I do think "Reloaded" is the best out of the bunch, I thought it was fantastic to hear Roc go in a different direction from the pitch black darkness displayed on that album by going to outside producers. this also allowed him to display more diverse flows in some ways; there's not many times on his albums we have heard him rhyme on so soulful bangers like we do on here. Madlib did an extraordinary job with "The Sacrifice", Alc's contributions are off the wall, Arch Druids and Marciano is always a deadly combination and Lord Finesse's "Bruh Man" is one of my faves on the disc... i really like the beat, but what sets it off is the way Marciano delivers his verses over this thumping track, my jaw dropped for a second there... real lyrical street shit. gotta love it!

if this dropped on wax i would buy it in a heartbeat, but imagine how dope "Marci Beaucoup" could be if these are the left-overs (though i have heard that "Marci Beaucoup" is Roc's producer album with a load of guests over his production, but who knows).

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

also check out the new video for "The Sacrifice" i just posted @ The Lost Tapes (along with new posts like the new, incredible MF GRIMM LP sampler, the latest Madlib/MED/Blu collaboration, the new Q-Tip produced Busta/Tip song and much more)..

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

Quote Originally Posted by THUGNIFICENT View Post
    lord jamar is right!

about being in the closet?

^ haha, i'm a big fan of Lord Jamar's early music with Brand Nubian, but some of the statements he's been making lately has been plain outlandish.. your comment check two really reminded me of this hilarious scene from "The Sopranos" [SPOILERS AHEAD], where Pil Leotardo is going to kill his sister's husband for being gay, and emerges out of the closet like a closet homosexual.

Quote Originally Posted by claaa7 View Post
    ^ haha, i'm a big fan of Lord Jamar's early music with Brand Nubian, but some of the statements he's been making lately has been plain outlandish.. your comment check two really reminded me of this hilarious scene from "The Sopranos" [SPOILERS AHEAD], where Pil Leotardo is going to kill his sister's husband for being gay, and emerges out of the closet like a closet homosexual.

plus (spoilers) he was in prison for 20 years nad like tony said to the shrink, guys get a pass for that. he did a bunch of gay shit in prison and then came back to society behaving adamantly anti gay