Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: If all hip hop fans had their minds erased

Default If all hip hop fans had their minds erased

If all hip hop fans had all their memories and information relating to hip hop erased from their minds, and then went back and listened to their hip hop collections with an entirely clear mind free of any outside influences and opinions, and then voted on the greatest mc, album, and producer of all time, who do you think would emerge as the winners?

As it stands now, with outside influences, it'd most likely be...

Rakim
    Illmatic
    Premo

But that is of course 96% due to the sheepish, follower mentality of human beings. If the above scenario somehow happened I can almost guarantee Illmatic wouldn't make the top 20 albums (probably not even top 50), Premo would not make top producer, and I doubt very much that Rakim would make top mc. So who do you think would take the crowns?

Future.
    http://i.imgur.com/GdghXmu.jpg

Hello, everybody! DR. NICK RIVIERA's Avatar

It's funny, I know I would rate Illmatic and Ready to Die highly.

Best rapper - Monch
    Best album - The beauty and the beat
    Best producer - Ant

I'd probably say that.
    bring back begongo!!

Quote Originally Posted by DR. NICK RIVIERA View Post
    Best album - The beauty and the beat
    Whose album is that? I don't even know it lolz.

I've been thinking about this myself and really can't decide what the likely outcome would be. I'm thinking maybe Cuban Linx for the album. Producer maybe RZA, but I don't know. He ruled the mid 90's but otherwise probably wouldn't get too many props. MC I really have no idea. It'd be so fucking interesting if it could somehow be determined.

I think it's quite likely that all the winners would come from the last decade or so of hip hop, but who knows?

It's a must you give this listen. Edan - The Beauty and the Beat, great fun.
    bring back begongo!!

I'll peep it next month if I remember. I've heard of Edan before but know nothing about him.

Got a lot of love for this album, dude is a great beatmaker and raps in a '80 fashion

has Percee P, Mr. Lif and Insight on the album, and has amazing live acts (had one here with Paten Locke)
    bring back begongo!!

You don't really need your mind erased, because when you hear something for the first time, you are making a purely un bias judgement on it (Whether you like it or don't like it). So the opinions you have today (Best m.c /album / producer etc......) would probably be the same as, if you had your mind erased.

I doesn't matter how much people or society say something is good / not good, everyone will make up there own minds in the end, that is why people have opinion's.

Don't know if that makes sense, but I know what I mean lol
    Last edited by zooruka; 10-25-2013 at 12:55 AM.

rapper - g rap
    producer - pete rock
    album - liquid swords

Quote Originally Posted by prof zooruka View Post
    You don't really need your mind erased, because when you hear something for the first time, you are making a purely un bias judgement on it (Whether you like it or don't like it). So the opinions you have today (Best m.c /album / producer etc......) would probably be the same as, if you had your mind erased.

I doesn't matter how much people or society say something is good / not good, everyone will make up there own minds in the end, that is why people have opinion's.

Don't know if that makes sense, but I know what I mean lol
    when our you're opines on speling and grammer?

Quote Originally Posted by THUGNIFICENT View Post
    rapper - g rap
    producer - pete rock
    album - liquid swords
    wow...really I was just about to post this shit.

Plus there's so many albums that I consider classic, but others probably wouldn't and vice versa. Most of the times classic albums have a dedicated audience or a influence on hiphop in general. This might not be the case with some of the albums that I like, but it won't change my opinion.

When we talk about the best produced album of all time, most people always mention the same albums: The Chronic, Low End Theory, Midnight Marauders, Mecca & Soul Brother, Illmatic, 36 Chambers, OBFCL, Liquid Swords and Moment Of Truth. Some of them are my favorite produced albums, but Chronic isn't even in my top 100 best produced albums. I also think Pete Rock on Soul Survivor and PeteStrumentals is a way better producer than Pete on Mecca.

PRODIGAL SUN UncontrolledSubstans's Avatar

Slug
    Masters of The Universe - Binary Star
    Buckwild

Wu Vatican

its hard to say. often times we negate how much marketing and corporate money pushing what they want / think will make money, getting them airplay and all that has played in the development of a lot of artists. of course pure talent shines through and real recognize real, but the majority of the music listening population does not fall into that category.
    The earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that in glory and in triumph they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot.

People are too stupid to effectively conspire to do anything, but not too stupid to come up with conspiracy theories.