Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Judgement Day: The ultimate court case

Default Judgement Day: The ultimate court case

What would you do, if one day you found yourself in the situation of "judgement day", and the reality hits you that there will be a judgement, and you could possibly face being condemned to hell for all eternity, and you realize that all your life you had a chance to live the right way, but instead chose to spend your life doing things that where forbidden by God.

How would you defend yourself or what would you say/do..... to try and avoid eternal condemnation ????

I am not judging anyone here and I am not saying that anyone has or is doing the wrong thing.... just wondering how you would handle that reality.

I am also just curious to see people responses since most people tend to dismiss religion and say they don't believe in God / Bible as a way of excusing there conduct.
    Last edited by zooruka; 10-24-2013 at 08:57 PM.

{>____<}

I live my life the way I choose too because of who I am as a person. I don't smoke, drink, curse nor do drugs. I do have serious trust issues but I try to treat people fairly because I want the same in return.

Am I a good person? I will say yes. The only one who truly knows me is God. I'll be ok.
    Loyalty is Royalty. Strength and Loyalty

^^^^

Nice

...born of a future war Face of the Golden Falcon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by prof zooruka View Post
    I am also just curious to see people responses since most people tend to dismiss religion and say they don't believe in God / Bible as a way of excusing there conduct.
    I don't think this statement is true at all. I think you use this assumption as an excuse not to address the validity of the many, many different reasons why believing in the god of the bible is fanciful childishness.

Ironman didn't answer the question at all. The scenario in the question had you already as someone who had gone against god by doing forbidden things. The question was how would you defend yourself in the face of eternal damnation for those sins.

I would sit down with god and his bible and show him all the places in "history" where he has hypocritically acted contrary to his own commandments and definitions of morality. I would pose him the question of how he thinks that a human can deserve eternal damnation for believing in Baal as god yet he, as god, is somehow exempt from such punishment despite the numerous murders he has committed (along with other atrocities). He is by his own standards of morality a guilty sinner and deserves such a punishment.

If he could not see the reason in this and recognize his own hypocrisy I would except my place in the eternal hellfire with my head held high and content within my Self that I did not sell out and choose to worship a psychopathic, narcissistic blood-drenched coward simply out of the fear he tried to instil into his (supposed) beloved children.

Req Em Ab

rep heru
    Break fast is served

'

Quote Originally Posted by Face of the Golden Falcon View Post
    I don't think this statement is true at all. I think you use this assumption as an excuse not to address the validity of the many, many different reasons why believing in the god of the bible is fanciful childishness.

Ironman didn't answer the question at all. The scenario in the question had you already as someone who had gone against god by doing forbidden things. The question was how would you defend yourself in the face of eternal damnation for those sins.

I would sit down with god and his bible and show him all the places in "history" where he has hypocritically acted contrary to his own commandments and definitions of morality. I would pose him the question of how he thinks that a human can deserve eternal damnation for believing in Baal as god yet he, as god, is somehow exempt from such punishment despite the numerous murders he has committed (along with other atrocities). He is by his own standards of morality a guilty sinner and deserves such a punishment.

If he could not see the reason in this and recognize his own hypocrisy I would except my place in the eternal hellfire with my head held high and content within my Self that I did not sell out and choose to worship a psychopathic, narcissistic blood-drenched coward simply out of the fear he tried to instil into his (supposed) beloved children.
    Good post

Quote Originally Posted by prof zooruka View Post
    People don't disbelieve God because they want to excuse their behaviour. Thats asinine.

They don't believe in God because they're smarter than you.

{>____<}

I didn't answer the question because I don't know what I will say to God. I can't lie to him. It's only truth. You can't prepare for something like this for obvious reasons.

^
    Depends which god. Zooruka's god has quite visible character flaws so lying to him might be something you can get away with...

...it's a hypothetical question, of course you can't prepare for it, nor should feel the need to. This question is a kin to saying "What one thing would you ask Peter Pan should you ever meet him?"

Req Em Ab

{>____<}

Quote Originally Posted by Face of the Golden Falcon View Post
    ^
    Depends which god.

There's only one God.

Nope. Even the Bible clearly says there are many gods. It just says you shouldn't worship any except Yahweh.

Req Em Ab

{>____<}

Yes, pagan Gods. The Bible also states that He is true and anyone shall worship no other God except for Him.

Is Halloween still a pagan holiday?

Quote Originally Posted by IrOnMaN View Post
    Yes, pagan Gods. The Bible also states that He is true and anyone shall worship no other God except for Him.
    There is no difference. The word translated into "gods" is "Elohim", the word doesn't differentiate between pagan god and Judaic god. The Judaic god was taken from the Canaanites anyway. There is no Judaism, Christianity or Islam without Pagan deities, customs, holy days etc. The only difference between them is the Judaic religions' supposed monotheism. Which is misinterpreted by people as them thinking there was only one god when in actuality, as I stated, it was simply picking one god from many and proclaiming that it alone was worthy of reverence.

Req Em Ab