Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Kool G. Rap's List of Top Ten Lyricists Does Not Include Biggie or Tupac

Holocaust is actually my favourite lyricist. No joke. I find him more entertaining and interesting than anybody else. Any of his styles. He's awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by noel411 View Post
    His lyrics were really simple and straight forward and in no way remarkable. In one word, average. He was an above average mc but and average lyricist.

I don't see why Ghost gets a mention either. Again, just average.
    ha, jokes.

Quote Originally Posted by noel411 View Post
    Gza, Killah Priest, K-Rino.

Hip hop lyrics in general are very unimpressive to me. It's a very basic style of poetry/writing.

what are you comparing it with? other forms of popular music? rock music? 70s psych rock? are you fucking kidding me?

hip hop is easily the most complicated genre lyrically on a whole. it's unequivocal almost. lyrics are largely unimportant in most other genre's save for a few select artists or bands - writing even approaching the level of average mc's is rarely seen in other genre's.

you're just wrong noel, i understand you want to complain about hip hop and rappers who you dislike, but everything you've said in this thread is wrong. keep going, you've just said Holocaust is your favourite lyricist, i want to see where this goes.

its a very good list

Quote Originally Posted by Longbongcilvaringz View Post
    keep going, you've just said Holocaust is your favourite lyricist, i want to see where this goes.
    ahahah

good comment.

I like how noel says killah priest but has a thread about him being boring and depressing on the same day

what are you comparing it with? other forms of popular music? rock music? 70s psych rock? are you fucking kidding me?

hip hop is easily the most complicated genre lyrically on a whole. it's unequivocal almost. lyrics are largely unimportant in most other genre's save for a few select artists or bands - writing even approaching the level of average mc's is rarely seen in other genre's.

you're just wrong noel, i understand you want to complain about hip hop and rappers who you dislike, but everything you've said in this thread is wrong. keep going, you've just said Holocaust is your favourite lyricist, i want to see where this goes.
    I don't know when you became such a snot, but it's pretty much getting to the "get off my dick" point with you.

Hip hop lyrics are a certain amount of syllables to fill a bar, and rhyming. You can make that as complicated as you want but it's a very basic format. Very few mc's do anything interesting with it.

What's so remarkable about Holocaust being my favourite lyricist? Clearly I don't find hip hop lyrics in general interesting, so why wouldn't I prefer somebody who does something completely different?
    I like how noel says killah priest but has a thread about him being boring and depressing on the same day
    I knew somebody who saw both threads would make this completely thoughtless comment. Please explain to me, and I do want to see this, how being boring and depressing disqualifies a person from being a talented wordsmith? Please do tell me.

get it straight YOU say priest is depressing, but then knowledge always depresses the ignorant

I agree

Quote Originally Posted by zu fam View Post
    get it straight YOU say priest is depressing, but then knowledge always depresses the ignorant
    Cheers for that. Definitely one of the funniest posts I've seen on here.

Distressing, but enormously humouress.

I can definitely see now how you made that knucklehead initial observation.

Banned

Well of course 2Pac wouldn't get on a serious top 10 lyricist list but too many people make out like you can't be a dope mc without super bullshit lyrics.

G Rap, KRS-One, Nas, Rakim, Kane - token, boring old top 5
    Big Pun - token shout out to the dead guy with a 1 good album catalogue before he died, interchange with Big L where appropriate
    Scarface - token inclusion of a vet who shouldn't be there but he's a vet so you can't call him out on it
    Jay-Z - token retarded inclusion. No list is complete without it. It's the equivalent of a typical European top 10 anything list

I find it hilariously ironic that jay-z is on the list over biggie though
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

Noel 411, likes killah priest and thinks he is a good m.c, all he is saying is that sometimes his music is depressing and repetitive.

There is no contradiction in what he is saying.

Zu fam you have if confused, Noel appreciates knowledge. I think all Noel is saying is he wants killah priest to make tracks with some flavour, rugged boom bap joints namsayin.... It has nothing to do with him being ignorant or depressed by the knowledge that kP is spitting.

peace
    Last edited by zooruka; 11-04-2013 at 06:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SKANK HILL View Post
    Jay-Z - token retarded inclusion. No list is complete without it. It's the equivalent of a typical European top 10 anything list
    dude, people in Europe dont feel Jay-Z lyrics that much, of course he´s always on the radio, but here in Europe we are passing an hard economic crisis, and we dont what to hear about a rapper that only talks about his money, and dont do shit for the World!
    Last edited by Apocalypse; 11-04-2013 at 07:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SKANK HILL View Post
    Well of course 2Pac wouldn't get on a serious top 10 lyricist list but too many people make out like you can't be a dope mc without super bullshit lyrics.

G Rap, KRS-One, Nas, Rakim, Kane - token, boring old top 5
    Big Pun - token shout out to the dead guy with a 1 good album catalogue before he died, interchange with Big L where appropriate
    Scarface - token inclusion of a vet who shouldn't be there but he's a vet so you can't call him out on it

I find it hilariously ironic that jay-z is on the list over biggie though
    Ha, what a fucken brilliant post. Nice one homie. One of the best posts I've ever seen in hip hop shop.

Quote Originally Posted by prof zooruka View Post
    Noel 411, likes killah priest and thinks he is a good m.c, all he is saying is that sometimes his music is depressing and repetitive.

There is no contradiction in what he is saying.

Zu fam you have if confused, Noel appreciates knowledge. I think all Noel is saying is he wants killah priest to make tracks with some flavour, rugged boom bap joints namsayin.... It has nothing to do with him being ignorant or depressed by the knowledge that kP is spitting.

peace
    I don't know why you bothered addressing that guy, but yeah, that's about right.