Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Kool G. Rap's List of Top Ten Lyricists Does Not Include Biggie or Tupac

Quote Originally Posted by noel411 View Post
    I don't know when you became such a snot, but it's pretty much getting to the "get off my dick" point with you.

Hip hop lyrics are a certain amount of syllables to fill a bar, and rhyming. You can make that as complicated as you want but it's a very basic format. Very few mc's do anything interesting with it.

What's so remarkable about Holocaust being my favourite lyricist? Clearly I don't find hip hop lyrics in general interesting, so why wouldn't I prefer somebody who does something completely different?
    Yeah, you seem to be posting nothing but bullshit in the hip hop section. Usually i can't be bothered posting in here that much, but when i see rubbish like some of the shit you've said in here it warrants it.

Holocaust spits nonsense. He's an interesting lyricist, but everything he says is nonsense... i'd prefer to listen to Canibus who can actually rap as well.

Gucci Mane is a better lyricist than most rock musicians. Rock lyrics are fucking laughable and focus on less themes than hip hop. Robert Plant couldn't hold a flame to the shittiest rappers as lyricists and neither could pretty much any commercial rock musicians.

I'd like to hear how singing 10 bars of vacuous, banal rock lyrics that don't rhyme is in anyway comparable to 30-40 bars of rhyming word play, no matter how basic it is. You don't even know what lyricism is.

And now you're backtracking and trying to say it's a matter of personal preference. You're just wrong and you may as well admit it.
    Last edited by rainbow; 11-05-2013 at 06:18 AM.

What am I "wrong" about? That hip hop lyrics are a simple form of writing? That's the only thing I recall saying that I even could be "wrong" about. Everything else is about opinion and personal taste. And I'm not gonna admit that I'm wrong about hip hop lyrics being a simple form of writing because I don't think I am wrong, or I wouldn't have said it to begin with.

Or do you think I'm wrong about rock lyrics being less simple than hip hop lyrics? Because that's what pretty much your whole last post was about. In that case please go through my posts again and note that I never said anything about rock lyrics or any type of lyrics other than hip hop.

And I don't give a fuck if you'd rather listen to Canibus than Holocaust, or if you don't enjoy Holocaust's lyrics. That seems to be the difference between you and me. You're letting my opinion and personal tastes bother you whereas I couldn't give a fuck about yours.

You're starting to remind me of my brother up until a few years ago. Every time we were around each other for long periods of time he'd constantly start arguments with me by being critical of everything I did or said. I'd keep pointing out to him that he was always starting shit with me and if I annoyed him so much he'd just have to learn to deal with it. Eventually he must have taken a look at himself and realised what he was doing because he never does it anymore.

Live and let live, brother.

I'm not here to "win" any arguments or prove that I'm "right". It's not my style. I say what I say because it's my opinion. If I thought I was "wrong" about something believe me I would have absolutely no hesitation in admitting it. If you don't like what I'm saying then either learn to live with it or keep wasting both of our time with this bullshit.

lets just get real your australian who cares what you think about hip hop your opinion is invalid

Banned

Did Pat Bateman just say that Skampoe writes better shit than Robert Plant??
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

anyone who hates on G RAP is a faggit fact