Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: KP doesn't seem like a very fun guy

Default KP doesn't seem like a very fun guy

Like honestly, why does he have to be so fucking serious and severe all the time? I listened to the double album a couple of times when it dropped, one disc at a time. It was a challenge. It's good music but just fucken hard to get through. I didn't listen to it for quite a few months and today I put on disc 1 again while I was riding my bike/walking. Pretty much every time a new track started and I heard how fucking sombre it was gonna be, I reached for my ipod to put on something else, but then stopped and told myself I could get through this. And I did in the end. I came out of it a little depressed, but I got there.

It's good if you're in a heavy sort of mood, or depressed, but if you're in a good or even moderate mood it's just a fucking drag. Dude needs to lighten up. I've got about half the Stained Glass album on my ipod too, and I use it as a go-to when I'm depressed. Wouldn't go near that shit if I was in a decent mood.

I commend anybody who has listened to both discs of PWOWR back to back without contemplating suicide. I don't think I could do it.

Peace CT

PWOWR is highly overrated on this forum in my opinion. It was def in need of some energy or aggressive type tracks. We pretty much got 41 tracks of KP in same tone. Album was def in need of some more guest spots as well. Obviously its still strong lyrically and beats are decent. But I dont call it classic or the best Wu release in 10 yrs, which is what you see around here. Like I have said numerous times I prefer 12RTD or Czarface. Peace

Banned

no joke...I want to see some proof that people other than Wu Corp members have heard Priest's double album. I think Czarface got more exposure than that record

aka The Chaotica SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS's Avatar

i have the killah priest double lp and czarface, both lp's are banging

Griselda Dinner Plates Brick Thunderbird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by noel411 View Post
    Like honestly, why does he have to be so fucking serious and severe all the time? I listened to the double album a couple of times when it dropped, one disc at a time. It was a challenge. It's good music but just fucken hard to get through. I didn't listen to it for quite a few months and today I put on disc 1 again while I was riding my bike/walking. Pretty much every time a new track started and I heard how fucking sombre it was gonna be, I reached for my ipod to put on something else, but then stopped and told myself I could get through this. And I did in the end. I came out of it a little depressed, but I got there.

It's good if you're in a heavy sort of mood, or depressed, but if you're in a good or even moderate mood it's just a fucking drag. Dude needs to lighten up. I've got about half the Stained Glass album on my ipod too, and I use it as a go-to when I'm depressed. Wouldn't go near that shit if I was in a decent mood.

I commend anybody who has listened to both discs of PWOWR back to back without contemplating suicide. I don't think I could do it.
    If he was rapping about titties and ass you'd probably like it. I guess KP just ain't for everybody. He stays in my rotation constantly, his catalog is serious.
    "Return to earth as a person, only to see you mouse niggas running from the serpent" - Jus Allah

I think killah priest is overated.

To answer Noel though, killah priest seems alot more layed back in person, from the interview I seen, he doesn't seem to talk all that nonsense he raps about.
    Last edited by zooruka; 11-03-2013 at 12:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Barry View Post
    If he was rapping about titties and ass you'd probably like it. I guess KP just ain't for everybody. He stays in my rotation constantly, his catalog is serious.
    I was actually gonna suggest he do a few songs about tits and arse to lighten up, in my initial post. I think I even typed it and then deleted it. Most songs about tits and arse are pretty shit. He should just go and play with some tits and arse and then maybe he'll lighten up and make some less serious music.

Btw I think he's an especially good mc. He's one of the greatest hip hop lyricists ever. And a lot of his music is really good. His flow and verse structure at times are exquisite. Heavy Mental may be in the top 10 hip hop albums of all time.

But dude is so fucking serious and severe all the time. He's a heavy motherfucker. And he uses beats to suit. It can be some overwhelmingly sombre shit at times. I need to be in the right mood (ie. depressed) to listen to those later albums.

I met killah p. back in 97 and he was one of the most humble people i ever met. But at first glance you
    would think he is a unapproachable guy.

My evidence, my own testament, written on wood
    Twelve tribes layin at the head of corners in hoods
    Hell razah

And he had some black dudes in some weird white garments around him called hebrew isralites they gave ne the creeps.

My evidence, my own testament, written on wood
    Twelve tribes layin at the head of corners in hoods
    Hell razah

that's just how his musical style is, i'm sure he's not at all 100% serious all the time.. but that's his niche and he makes great music for sure, "Heavy Mental" and "The Offering" are amazing front-to-back listen, but you clearly have to be in a certain mood to enjoy his stuff...

if you want sombre music packed with wisdom that really makes you think you throw on Killah Priest, if you want some real gangsta shit over hardcore beats you throw on some QB ish, if you want spaced out sci fi rap over BIG beats you might go with Deltron, etc, etc. i think Priest is fantastic at what he does and would not like to hear him do some light ass and tits tracks to lighten it up... just look at the flack GZA caught for "Starter".

on a side note, listen to Killah Priest verses on ODB's "Return to 36 Chambers" which predates 'B.I.B.L.E.', very interesting how his style came off there.

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

Quote Originally Posted by SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS View Post
    i have the killah priest double lp and czarface, both lp's are banging
    Man, if there was actually a double LP (vinyl) of PWOWR....shit man.

kp is a nice guy in person...however..u dont wanna cross him in person either...ask some promoters who got their heads plunged in toilets for trying to play him lmao

'

Quote Originally Posted by RADIOACTIVE MAN View Post
    kp is a nice guy in person...however..u dont wanna cross him in person either...ask some promoters who got their heads plunged in toilets for trying to play him lmao
    Hhahahaha

BTSG is a bit depressing because priest was depressed at the time as his sister had just died

DuncanHine Monument Cakes CEITEDMOFO's Avatar

IF U CALL KP OR HIS PROJECTS OVERRATED THAN YOUR A FAGGiT