Thread: Ghostface Killah's All That I Got Is You Song Makes Me Cry Sometimes

-

Default Ghostface Killah's All That I Got Is You Song Makes Me Cry Sometimes

Listening to All That I Got Is You sometimes makes me cry because Ghostface's lyrics i felt. I was lucky i never grew up poor but the stuff Ghostface was saying, a kid should never have to live like that. There hasn't been too many rappers that have made songs like this talking about growing up poor but Ghostface obviously didn't care what people were gonna say about the song. I haven't heard the song in a long time but i do remember when i first heard it that it made me feel sad for him. Props to him for sampling The Jackson 5's Maybe Tomorrow. I was listening to Maybe Tomorrow this morning because i like that song and i have Maybe Tomorrow album which also has the songs She's Good, Never Can Say Goodbye, My Little Baby, It's Great To Be Here(Puff Daddy sampled this on All About The Benjamins). The Jacksons are my favorite r&b group. So i like hearing their music sampled by some rappers and also props to Ghostface for having Mary J Blige on All That I Got Is You. Anybody know who's the guy talking at the end of All That I Got Is You?

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.

sleepless in basedworld ALCATRAZ's Avatar

the origin of the classic 'two by the foot, two by the headboard' line

-

Alcatraz, i haven't seen you in a long time. How you doing? Props to you for having 2Pac picture in your avatar. I miss 2Pac. It just disgusts me that he's dead over some dumb shit and i blame his ignorance for that.

The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.

Real ass thread CJ, real ass thread.

The violin in the instrumental also provokes sadness. It's a very powerful song.

Quote Originally Posted by charlesjones View Post
    Ghostface Killah's All That I Got Is You Song Makes Me Cry Sometimes

bhahahahahah
    Last edited by zooruka; 11-02-2013 at 08:09 PM.

You forget to mention Mary J on here, she brings that heartfelt emotions to this track too.. Ghosts story is sad and for me shes the one that has me at the brink of tears with those soulfull vocals.. Great tune I agree

it is a great track,

If this song's never brought tears to your eyes you can't be a human being! I remember it would bring me tears to my eyes every time I was listenin' to it.

"I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth" (Rev. 3:15-16)

crushed out heavenly Ghost In The 'Lac's Avatar

I like Wu Tang.