Thread: How often do all the members show at concerts?

Default How often do all the members show at concerts?

How often do all the wu members actually show up to concerts when they are all advertised to be there?

Not interested in dropping $ 100 if guys aren't going to show up in Toronto

Will Mayor Ford be there at least?

I'd pay $100 to see any one of the generals in AZ

i've seen the Clan three tmes in Europe (Sweden and Denmark).. the first time everybody was there except Method Man i think, second time EVERYBDOY was there, third time again no Meth but otherwise the entire Clan including Cappadonna and Streetlife

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

I saw The Clan in Portland in 2002. Granted it was The Iron Flag Tour and ODB was locked up and didn't make the album, so he wasn't at the show. Everyone else was there...except Cappa because RZA erased him from the album and they was going through their little drama where Cap was a cab driver. Streetlife was there. I got really blazed with my best homie at the time and we were the only ones into Wu, they were the best rap in the world to us...so I don't remember alot but here's my memories of it.

-U-God came out first and performed some of his Golden Arms Redemption hits. "Bizarre", "Dat's Gangsta", and "Rumble".
    -Pretty sure "Rumble" led into Deck's verse and he came out second, then doing some Uncontrolled Substance hits. Deck's voice was fucked. Like, literally terrible. And ever since I've noticed this trend at shows of theirs I watch. All of them back up his every line because sounds like he smoked 100 cigars right before the show. Drugs?
    -Not sure the lineup but each member came out one by one performing their solo shit, RZA came out with his small afro and headband with bandannas tied around his wrists and overly long basketball jersey. Looking like the old RZA. He performed a badass version of "Domestic Violence" where he smacked the mic stand down "What the fuck you birds talkin' about!" SMACK!!
    -Meth did some T2 and Blackout joints which were sick to hear live. Then he jumped into the audience and crowd surfed and stood on their hands. I was in the middle to back so he didn't make it as far as us.
    -Masta had no solo album yet so he performed "One Blood Under W"
    -Someone climbed up on the big speaker and jumped right down next to RZA and surprised him and he backed up and pointed to security and they rushed dude off stage in a hurry.
    -Me and my homie were wearing Wu Wear Jeans and we heard some fuck tards behind us "motherfuckers dick riding wearing Wu clothing line and that", later, these same homos asked if they could hit off our joints when we blazed up during RZA's set, GTFO!

This place had an upstairs 21 and Over bar area where you sit down up top and watch while you drink. People drinking at a Wu-Tang concert always brings trouble. You have clowns and disrespectful fans that think they can approach Wu. Ghostface about fucked someone up that night as well as RZA. Then RZA told us all to cop "Killa Beez The Sting" out now in stores!! and they were out quick as they came.

It was the best night of my life.

Peace.
    Last edited by cbfwebs; 09-27-2017 at 11:23 PM.
    Fav Wu Members - Deck . GZA . Ghost
    Upcoming
    GZA/Genius – Dark Matter ; Liquid Swords II: The Return of the Shadowboxer * Inspectah Deck – Uncontrolled Substance 2 * Raekwon – The Purple Tape Files ; Only Built 4 Cuban Linx… Pt. III * Ghostface Killah x MF DOOM – DOOMStarks: Swift & Changeable * Ghostface Killah – Supreme Clientele Presents… Blue & Cream: The Wally Era * Method Man – Crystal Meth * Method Man x Redman – Blackout! 3 ; How High 2/Too High * Masta Killa – Loyalty is Royalty (9/29)

I'd give it a 5% chance of all of them showing up, I've been to more than a dozen Wu shows and there's always at least 1-2 missing
    still worth $100 if 6 of em show up or something

PRODIGAL SUN

webbs that was epic

whenever it is the Clan its always a pretty good turnout member -wise

am i right?

OR maybe I have been lucky LOL.

I have gone to 3 wu shows now.

First time was September 2015, Wu came to Toronto. Rza, Gza, U-God, Masta Killa, Inspectah Deck, and Cappadonna performed. Rae, Ghost and Mef did not show.

Second time was in July 2019, Wu went to Ottawa. Rza, Gza, Rae, Ghost, Inspectah Deck, U-God, Masta Killa, cappadonna and Young Dirty bastard (on behalf of ODB) performed. Mef did not show.

Third time was in September 2019, Wu came to Toronto. Rza, Gza, Rae, Ghost, Inspectah Deck, Mef, Masta Killa and Young Dirty bastard (on behalf of ODB) performed. U-God and Cappadonna did not show.
    Last edited by Trench; 10-17-2019 at 01:44 AM.

I saw the Clan at The Nation in D.C. around 2001 or 2002. I think only ODB was missing. Maybe Meth? Some of Killarmy was there so that more than made up for it.

Saw a Gza concert for Beneath the Surface. I think KP, some of Sunz of Man were there.

Saw a few Cappa concerts, a couple Ghost concerts.

I had a chance to go to a Meth/Redman concert but prices were getting up to like $75+ which is more than I will pay. For that much money I don't even wanna see these guys in concert. Give me $75 and I'll just listen to the cd.

There's lots of angry mean muggin white guys at these concerts. The time Cappadonna got off the stage and started just walking through the crowd rapping in people's faces at the Solar Lounge in Baltimore was classic. Friend and I had just lit up a blunt to the right side of the stage.

I don't even like going to clubs cuz you can't smoke in any of them anymore the last 10 years. That's why outdoor venues are now more popular for the kind of show Meth/Redman had a couple years ago in Charleston.

These are really old pics from the first Wu concert I went to. Pics were on musictoday.com way back when

07-26-2000 Wu-Tang performing at The Nation Washington D.C.

I think the Up In Smoke Tour was the same weekend but I went to this instead