Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: RZA Says More “Energy” Is Needed From Ghostface, Raekwon & GZA

Quote Originally Posted by grt05 View Post
    Why are people acting like The Heart Gently Weeps isn't the best song on a Wu-Tang album since Forever?
    Because that isn't even close to being true.
    As for myself: I had come to the conclusion that there was nothing sacred about myself or any human being, that we were all machines, doomed to collide and collide and collide.
    - Kurt Vonnegut

Quote Originally Posted by TheFunkyDrummer View Post
    Exactly. Cause Wu fans would deny it. People don't want good music from Wu, they want it to be raw and kungfu style, even if the beat would be shit and the rhymes wouldn't be on point. The Heart Gently Weeps is put together better than most Wu-Tang tracks to be honest. The song structure is beautiful.

How come The Roots fans ain't bitter. They're consistently dropping good albums and changing with each album. Change is not bad people.

8 Diagrams might be the last dope Wu album.
    What's so great about the song's structure?
    The problem with Rza, and other hip-hop artists, who try to branch out and incorporate other forms of music is that they always do it in the most boring way possible. They think that just the mere fact that they're using guitars is revolutionary.
    Rza's sound changed a lot from 36 Chambers to Forever, then it changed further with the Bobby Digital sound. Change isn't the issue. Making tepid music is.
    Last edited by Punch; 11-29-2013 at 02:32 PM.
    As for myself: I had come to the conclusion that there was nothing sacred about myself or any human being, that we were all machines, doomed to collide and collide and collide.
    - Kurt Vonnegut

I don't like "The Heart Gently Weeps."

Changing "guitar" to "heart" is stupid. Erikah's hook is lame. And Raekwon sounds like so fucking bored. I can't believe they kept his verse.

Ghostface's verse is great, and Meth does his thing, but it's not as good as the 40 people who worked on it thought it was going to be.

It's not even a top 5 song on 8 Diagrams.

SHAOLIN STUDENT

Rza is a fucking hip hop producer that's all. He should stop trying to be a dude he couldn't be. He never stop trying to produce great music but constantly fails. tell Rza Bono won't try to produce hip hop songs cuz he knows he can't. You know what I mean ? Dre or other motherfuckers produce hip hop that's all. They know their own limits. At the beginning he knew exactly what his soldiers needed so they gave their best. He can't reinvent the wheel. Wu generals come from the streets. If he wants to do other shit he must create a new group. "the heart gently weeps" sucks.

hiphop fans are the most conservative motherfuckers on the planet and they don't even know it.

Quote Originally Posted by The blackma View Post
    Rza is a fucking hip hop producer that's all. He should stop trying to be a dude he couldn't be. He never stop trying to produce great music but constantly fails. tell Rza Bono won't try to produce hip hop songs cuz he knows he can't. You know what I mean ? Dre or other motherfuckers produce hip hop that's all. They know their own limits. At the beginning he knew exactly what his soldiers needed so they gave their best. He can't reinvent the wheel. Wu generals come from the streets. If he wants to do other shit he must create a new group. "the heart gently weeps" sucks.

Real talk