Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Redman- Dare iz a Darkside

FRESH FISH

Haha I haven't listened to ll since mama said knock you out. Theres very few people that can keep dropping good shit and stay relevant for decades because the hunger isn't there and they get lazy. If they are not relevant any more it seems like the big labels won't back them any more and just back the next new thing. It amazes me the longevity of busta. He's been out since like 1990 with leaders of the new school and he's still good. Haha I think I have his yo mtv raps card when he was in leaders of the new school back in 1991.Shit i remember him on stretch and bobbito back in 1990.

-

I have to disagree with you about Busta Rhymes. He hasn't made a good album since Anarchy. Anarchy has a few good songs. We Comin Through is my favorite song on there because that beat is hard. DJ Scratch produced that. Only album i have by Leaders Of The New School is T.I.M.E. That's a good album. Classic Material, Connections, What's Next are my favorite songs on there. They did videos for Classic Material and What's Next. It's nice that Busta had L.O.N.S. on his The Coming album on the song Keep It Moving so people can see that he didn't have beef with them because people probably think he left the group because he was beefing with the group members. I do remember seeing a interview with him on Youtube talking about he used to get into arguments and fights with the group members especially Charlie Brown.

LOL@skit on Busta's The Coming after the song Keep It Moving that has a black guy lying about stuff to Busta and his friends. The guy talks about some black woman he fucked and it sounded like Busta was talking and he said how you gonna say you fucked shorty when i was fucking her? So the guy says get outta my face. I said get outta my face and the next thing you know you hear the guy getting beat up real bad hahahahahahahahahahahaha.

I agree with what you said about LL Cool J. It's sad that he chose to do shitty music after The GOAT album. He needs to stop releasing albums because ain't nobody buying that wack shit. He came out with a album last summer that has a bunch of r&b singers LOL. I don't know what he was thinking about. I wanna hear some hardcore shit from him like he did back in the day. I don't wanna hear no soft shit. Have you heard The GOAT album? If you haven't heard it, check it out because i think you'll like it. You haven't heard his Mr Smith album? You need to check that out too. I'm sure you seen his I Shot Ya video with Prodigy of Mobb Deep, Keith Murray, Fat Joe, Foxy Brown(i wanna fuck her. I saw her on Youtube doing a interview that's a few years old and she's gained weight but i don't care because she's still cute. I love her Chyna Doll album cover and the album pictures because they were very sexy.).

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.

Charles you think LL Cool J's garbage album called GOAT is great, but don't consider the original Cuban Linx a classic?

GOAT was garbage.

Ok Ill Bomb is definitely an exception.

-

The GOAT wasn't garbage. It's a good album. Just because i think Only Built 4 Cuban Linx isn't a classic doesn't mean that i don't think it's good. It's a decent album but i didn't like most of the beats. Raekwon will always be a ill rapper to me. Somebody said at a Raekwon topic in the Wu section that Raekwon has chosen wack beats after his first album and that's true LOL. That's why his Immobilarity and The Lex Diamonds Story albums suck LOL. I didn't like the sequel to Only Built 4 Cuban Linx either because of the beats.

The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.

Yeah Lex Diamond Story sucks, but wasn't bad lyrically. Immobilarity had The Table & Sneakers. Those beats could easily fuck with the lesser (still great) Cuban Linx beats. Pete Rock destroyed Sneakers. Cuban Linx 2 definitely had great beats, but some filler as well.

FRESH FISH

You don't hear really anyone good from back in the day on the radio any more except for jay-z who I really can't stand any more. So at work when they are playing the radio and I hear a busta verse its pretty cool, even if he is with a bunch of cornballs. What ever happened to the days the radio would play mobb deep, wu-tang, onyx, cypress hill and shit like that.

a little off subject, Your into alot of 90's east coast like me but did you ever hear the first psycho realm album? I was going through my old albums the other day and refound this. I forgot all about this album. a buddy got me into this album while I was out in l.a. Back in the day and I caught one of thier shows back when b real was in the group. This is a damn good west coast album.
    Last edited by Biz; 11-14-2013 at 04:40 PM.

-

No I don't like Psycho Realm. I'm disappointed in Cypress Hill. I like their first album and a couple of songs on Black Sunday and Temples Of Boom albums. I like their song Shoot Em Up on Juice soundtrack. LOL@Westside Connection's King Of The Hill song dissing Cypress Hill. LOL@Ice Cube saying B-Real sounding like he got baby nuts and the b for B-Real must stand for bitch hahahahahahahaha. LOL@Mack 10 saying Sendog so wack he ain't even worth dissing hahahahahahahahaha. At the end of the song, Ice Cube made me laugh when he mocked Cypress Hill''s Illusions song saying i'm having illusions LOL. He said westside niggas whipping on your muthafucking ass hahahahahahahaha. That's what you having illusions of bitch LOL.

Biz, have you seen LL Cool J's In Too Deep movie with Omar Epps, Nia Long, Pam Grier, Sticky Fingaz of Onyx, Shyheim, Nas? Nas and Sticky Fingaz had small parts. That's a good movie and LL was ruthless. In one scene, he had his friend laying on a pooltable naked because he was trying to holler at LL's woman Veronica Webb. LL stuck a poolstick up his ass and said love it, love it LOL. Jermaine Dupri had a small part and he got his ass whipped by Omar Epps, Hill Harper, Shyheim at a club hahahahahahahahaha.

FRESH FISH

Haha no I haven't seen that. I'll download that shit and check it out. I think I remember him saying he was going to make The Autobiography of Kirk Jones into a movie that would have been cool don't think it's happening now. I like the first 3 cypress albums just bought a platinum plaque for the first album.

-

There's a few scenes from In Too Deep on Youtube you can watch. I got In Too Deep soundtrack and it's weak. I like a few songs by 50 Cent, Trick Daddy, Mobb Deep, Method Man and Redman. Capone and Noreaga and The Lox did a collabo song on there and Nas and Nature did a collabo song on there that disappointed me because of the beats. I like the movie poster for In Too Deep. Biz, i'm telling you to check out LL's The GOAT album. He got some good songs on there. He got a few songs for the ladies but that's what you expect from him. He got more hardcore songs on there than songs for the ladies.

I like westcoast rappers like MC Eiht, Too Short, Spice 1, Jayo Felony, Xzibit, MC Ren, Ice Cube, Paris, Ras Kass, The Alkaholics, Kurupt(when he was with Death Row records LOL), Above The Law, 2Pac, Dr Dre(he takes too damn long to release a album but The Chronic gets played often by me), Ice T, WC, Mack 10, Richie Rich, Coolio(i don't like his albums but he has a few good songs). There's some other 90's westcoast rappers i like but i can't remember them right now.

FRESH FISH

The in to deep soundtrack had 50 cent's how to rob on it I have that record I'll check out the whole thing that was a fucken funny song. I'll check out the g.o.a.t. I just never checked that shit out because he kind of started doing love songs and shit. Haha I was at Sears or some store a while ago and he has his own line of female clothing.
    Haha coolio I havent herd that name in a while he had a couple good songs I remember thefantastic ride video. All the rest I like except for richie rich I don't know who the fuck that is. You prolly don't like eazy-e since you pretty much named everyone from nwa besides for eazy and dj yella. But I think eazy was awesome, shit was funny when dre and eazy were beefing and eazy was dissing snoop and dre and dre made that video with the eazy look alike.

-

LOL@LL Cool J has a women's clothing line hahahahahahahahahaha. I didn't know that. Coolio song you're talking about is Fantastic Voyage and he sampled Lakeside's classic song Fantastic Voyage. Richie Rich is from Oakland, California and he was 2Pac's friend. He had a couple of albums on Def Jam and he did a song with E-40 and B-Legit i like called Yay Deep. I think he's also done some songs with Yukmouth and Too Short. I like Eazy E and i miss him. Only albums of his i have is Str8 Off The Streets Of Muthafucking Compton and greatest hits. I got NWA's albums Straight Outta Compton and Niggaz4life. Yeah i remember when Dr Dre had a guy pretending to be Eazy E in Dre Day video. The guy who played Eazy E is black comedian AJ Johnson and he's been in several classic movies like Friday, House Party 3, How To Be A Player, The Players Club. He was also in Master P's I Got The Hook Up and Hot Boys movies and he was in Cash Money records Baller Blockin movie with Juvenile, BG, Little Wayne, Turk, Big Tymers.

-

Biz since you mentioned 50 Cent's How To Rob song, have you seen his Get Rich Or Die Tryin movie? It's good and i bought it several weeks ago. I saw it when it first came out and i wanted to buy it because i hadn't seen it in awhile. 50's woman in the movie which was Joy Bryant is hot. Terrence Howard is so funny LOL. The soundtrack is also very good and it's the last good music 50 Cent did LOL.