Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ving Rhames And Terrence Howard's Animal Movie Shows That Black Men In Prison........

-

Default Ving Rhames And Terrence Howard's Animal Movie Shows That Black Men In Prison........

can get outta prison and become productive citizens if they're trying to do the right thing and have a better life. It's sad to me that so many black men when they get outta prison go right back to doing the same dumb shit that caused them to get locked up because they aren't trying to get a job. They think they can't get a job because they've been to prison. That's why they have work release programs that help former convicts get jobs and even though the jobs may pay a low salary, it doesn't mean they have to stay at a low salary forever. Jobs have higher paying positions that the convicts can move up to if they wanna learn the higher paying positions. I really admired Ving Rhames character because when he got outta prison, he got a job and tried to live his life the right way. His buddies who were convicts like Faizon Love wanted him to go right back to doing criminal activity when he got out and Ving refused to do that. So Faizon and his other friend who was a spanish guy looked at him differently and Ving stayed away from them.

Terrence Howard was Ving's son and Terrence was a criminal and he wanted to be just like how Ving was when he was young. Ving tried to get Terrence to stop being a criminal but Terrence didn't wanna listen to him. Ving's woman was Taraji Henson who was in Baby Boy movie with him. If ya'll haven't seen this, ya'll should check it out. Paula Jai Parker is also in this and she was in Hustle And Flow movie with Terrence and Taraji. Rapper Black Child who was with Murder Inc. records and he rapped with Ja Rule has a small part in this as a criminal. Ving did a sequel to Animal but it's a little different because Ving is locked up for life and he's forced to do some prison fights for money and he wants to save his son from getting locked up because he's a criminal. His son is played by a different guy who's not a well known actor like Terrence. I haven't seen Animal 2 but i'm gonna get it from Amazon.com soon.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.

Was Scatman Crothers in this?

Ving Rhames is one of the illest.

He was dope in mission impossible.

Last edited by zooruka; 11-17-2013 at 08:15 PM.

{>____<}

This was only a movie, Charles. Yes, a very small percentage of black males actually turn themselves into productive American citizens with the help from friends and family. However, a large percentage do not have that luxury.
    Loyalty is Royalty. Strength and Loyalty

-

Ironman, that's a excuse. A large percentage of black men can turn their lives around when they get outta prison. They just choose not to because a lot of them like being a criminal and doing illegal stuff to get money because they don't want a job. Some black men complain that foreigners are taking jobs from them but yet they don't wanna work for low pay. You don't have to stay at a low salary forever because you can move up to a higher salary if you wanna learn the skills. A lot of black men don't wanna learn the skills for the jobs that pay good. They would rather start off making a high salary instead of learning the skills to make a high salary and jobs aren't gonna start you off at a high salary unless you got the skills. It took me a long time to figure that out but i finally figured it out why i can't get a high salary job because i don't like school. But i don't have a problem with being a janitor even though most black men won't do that type of work because they think it's beneath them.

The thing i really admired about Ving Rhames character in Animal was that he wanted to change his life and do the right thing when he got outta prison and most black men that get outta prison aren't gonna do what Ving did. Ving was trying to get Terrence Howard to stop being a criminal and he wouldn't listen because he thought Ving was a punk for wanting to change his life.

The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.

{>____<}

Ironman, that's a excuse. A large percentage of black men can turn their lives around when they get outta prison. They just choose not to because a lot of them like being a criminal and doing illegal stuff to get money because they don't want a job. Some black men complain that foreigners are taking jobs from them but yet they don't wanna work for low pay.

You don't have to stay at a low salary forever because you can move up to a higher salary if you wanna learn the skills. A lot of black men don't wanna learn the skills for the jobs that pay good. They would rather start off making a high salary instead of learning the skills to make a high salary and jobs aren't gonna start you off at a high salary unless you got the skills. It took me a long time to figure that out but i finally figured it out why i can't get a high salary job because i don't like school.

But i don't have a problem with being a janitor even though most black men won't do that type of work because they think it's beneath them.

Actually, it isn't an excuse. It takes resources and a strong state of will power in order to advance out of the criminal lifestyle, Charles (some people don't possess this mental ability). Most ex-cons return to jail or prison because it's very difficult for them to obtain any type of employment because of their record, especially black males.

It's a dream for criminals to turn their lives around but it can be only a dream because their dreams crumble, due to their past and society not wanting to provide ex-cons a second or third chance at a decent life style.

-

I don't agree. That's why they have job programs for ex-cons when they get outta prison so they can get employment. The problem is ex-cons don't wanna work for low pay and start at the bottom and they don't realize that you can move up to a higher pay if you wanna learn the skills for the high paying positions. Ving Rhames character worked at a restaurant in Animal when he got outta prison and i'm sure he was getting low pay because he was a janitor/cook because he was taking out the trash and cleaning and cooking a little bit. I'm sure he would've moved up to higher pay doing another position if the movie would've shown that.

you're a smart guy
    Last edited by rainbow; 12-13-2013 at 07:54 PM.

[It's a dream for criminals to turn their lives around but it can be only a dream because their dreams crumble, due to their past and society not wanting to provide ex-cons a second or third chance at a decent life style.[/QUOTE]

RealTalk!!

My evidence, my own testament, written on wood
    Twelve tribes layin at the head of corners in hoods
    Hell razah

-

That's true.

{>____<}

That's true.
    That's my quote, CJ. Your quoted me saying that you didn't agree.

What gives?

-

Oh i didn't know that was your quote. I kinda agree with your comments but i still think black men that get outta prison can change their life around if they want to because there are job programs that can help them get jobs. The problem is a lot of them refuse to get a job because they don't wanna work for low pay and what they don't understand is that no job is gonna start you off at making good money when you're a ex-convict. You have to work your way up to a higher salary just like everybody else unless you got the skills for the high paying jobs.

The easier thing to do would be not to become a convict in the first place.

The best way for a ex-con to succeed after prison is to own a company. But we have to get over the mental barriers. And we don't support our own we buy european merch clothes and booze and jewelry. We are targeted with subliminal advertisements and led by these fuckin sell out rappers like the pied piper.

WAKE UP FINAL CALL
    Break fast is served

And nah Sun i'm not a fuckin agent I just been iLL last few yrs. Nothing you said or typed went in vain its all here. The pieces came together and the light lit up.
    Break fast is served