Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Soul Temple A&R "Some Songs I Made For Rza"

Quote Originally Posted by Sparrow Daene View Post
    yeah but he didnt make any of the songs
    I mean, looking at the tracklist/credits in front of me, it looks like he produced or co-produced 13 songs, and otherwise was a credited A&R or 'Album Producer'.

Sultan Stringer is correct.

a&rs dont make songs. an album producer is basically the coordinator of the project overall. he's not pressing the pads or programming the drums or anything like that. so he cant take credit for "making" those songs. did ghostface killah make the first sunz of man single? no. is he one of its executive producer? yes. should "soldiers of darkness" and "five arch angels" end up on a ghostface mixtape? absolutely not.

if it was limited to the songs he actually produced, then the name of the mixtape wouldnt be wrong at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparrow Daene View Post
    a&rs dont make songs. an album producer is basically the coordinator of the project overall. he's not pressing the pads or programming the drums or anything like that. so he cant take credit for "making" those songs. did ghostface killah make the first sunz of man single? no. is he one of its executive producer? yes. should "soldiers of darkness" and "five arch angels" end up on a ghostface mixtape? absolutely not.

if it was limited to the songs he actually produced, then the name of the mixtape wouldnt be wrong at all.
    A&R's don't produce songs, but they do make songs happen. Same for album producers. I originally produced Mount Everest for a Method Man project that got scrapped. Andrew took the beat and handled everything from it's placement on U-God's album, to the Deck and Elzhi features, the mixing and the sequencing. He even tried to get Killa Sin on it. So he didn't produced it but his involvement was crucial for the joint to happen, therefore I def don't mind him taking credit for "making" this song, nor do I find the mixtape's title misleading since all the joints were either produced by him or made with his involvement. Peace

anyone have the full version of the "make it right" song?