Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Christopher Nolan's Interstellar

Can't wait

meh I have zero interest in these type of movies.

Non Ignorant Math Team

Quote Originally Posted by RADIOACTIVE MAN View Post
    i hear this movie has So much mind bending concepts about alien life, higher powers, time travel, technology, alternate dimensions

+ =WIN
    lets be honest Nolan cant beat Russell brand in any of those categories

NON-IGS

Terry Cloth Rudolph Joint Sky Blue Bally Kid's Avatar

Trailer 3

When I'm writing in my room

It's like a child that's fighting in the womb

- KP -

dude..im so hyped!!

Word. Can't wait.

Are U aware I ban @ will? MASTER PAI MEI's Avatar

Looks interesting.

the movie was fucking sick man, it delivered,especially if you a space enthusiast like me...i got mind fucked by the time it was done...and yes it did touch on black holes, dimensions, space time, habitable planets and alternate realities....go see this shit...Nolan outdid himself man

{>____<}

Here's my full review of the film.

I’m amazed and annoyed!

Christopher Nolan delivers a movie that is jaw-dropping gorgeous and takes space travel exploration concepts to another level. The ninth film from the popular director is his most ambitious, but is it? Interstellar, stars Matthew McConaughey, Anna Hathaway, Jessica Chastain, Michael Caine, Casey Affleck, and Topher Grace.

The film comes close to achieving classic status, but not close to the classic space exploration films like The Right Stuff, 2001: A Space Odyssey, and Contact. Interstellar follows Cooper (Matthew McConaughey), a father and a farmer who is forced to leave his family in a possibly mad attempt to preserve the future of humanity by finding other habitable planets in another galaxy. The film is loaded with drama, intense action and surprising plot twists. There’s rarely a dull moment in the movie because the story is so compelling and poignant.

Without spoiling the film, overall, the concepts in the film are wonderful. Concepts about love, survival, physics, space exploration, and time burst from the film more prominently than the emotion and visuals. With a 170 minute running time, so many ideas are presented that the film rarely has time to focus on one over another. The result is a space exploration marvel with a powerful narrative that ends up feeling a….bit too much because we aren’t sure exactly which point the Nolan brother were trying to make in the film.

In terms of performance, the cast was absolutely amazing! Matthew McConaughey is an absolute heavyweight throughout the film. McConaughey is dynamic, charming and confident. Hathaway is bold and steadfast, and Chastain, in an even more limited role, makes Murph (Cooper’s daughter) the real star of the movie. Her performance is a force to be reckoned with, infusing multiple layers into the few scenes she has in the film.

From the beginning of the film and towards the end, the film is just simply amazing! Unfortunately, the film went completely south towards the end! It felt like the Nolan brothers were filming and writing the script at the same time. The ending was very confusing and it all felt rushed. Hopefully, your head won’t hurt towards the ending of the film. There are so many questions. The film’s questions are endless and overwhelming.

Interstellar is a good film with major flaws and plot-holes that may or may not matter because everything around them is done so well. With that being said, this film is good but not even Nolan’s best work.

7/10
    Last edited by IrOnMaN; 11-09-2014 at 08:44 PM.

Not great. I might have to reevaluate all of Nolans movies after seeing this. They might all stink and I just haven't noticed.

no doubt the plot will be fatuous, given christopher nolan's recent track record, but it looks like it will be visually amazing, and that's really all that matters with these types of films.

sidenote, i really fucking wish he would stop putting michael caine in his films, he's a caricature.

Quote Originally Posted by IrOnMaN View Post
    Unfortunately, the film went completely south towards the end! It felt like the Nolan brothers were filming and writing the script at the same time. The ending was very confusing and it all felt rushed. Hopefully, your head won’t hurt towards the ending of the film. There are so many questions. The film’s questions are endless and overwhelming.
    this description reminds me of how i felt about inception.

Quote Originally Posted by Longbongcilvaringz View Post
    no doubt the plot will be fatuous, given christopher nolan's recent track record, but it looks like it will be visually amazing, and that's really all that matters with these types of films.

sidenote, i really fucking wish he would stop putting michael caine in his films, he's a caricature.
    Visually amazing? Not really. Theres a few cool shots of the spaceship flying past Saturn. The rest of the movie can eat my ass with the daughter thats older than Mcconaughey, C3PO style robots, black guy that looks like CJ, Michael Caine etc.

Its all very sub-2001 and the plot just made me angry because of how fucking stupid and unrealistic the characters were. Like Matt Damons character would have known about depressurizing the fucking air lock. Because hes a fucking astronaut! I'm not an astronaut and I know that shit because I watched 'Gravity' not long ago.

Chris Nolan is a moron.