Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Christopher Nolan's Interstellar

Are U aware I ban @ will? MASTER PAI MEI's Avatar

I also liked the fact they had the Dr. named MANN who was going to be the downfall of the mission. Man being mans own worst enemy

im gonna keep it real, i got too defensive over this film because of my love for astronomy and actually seeing alot of the things they always miss in other space movies on this one was such a breath of fresh air...that earth colony in the end really is something astro physicists wanna apply on mars in the next 100 years via vertical farming,amazed me he did all that homework!!! and yes that Mann thing was clever

Its all good you are invested in your opinion. Nothing wronmg with that. I appluade your enthusiasm. If it wasnt for ya'll I would not have seen the film instead I would have opted to watch it at home via projector when it finally made it tio netflix. Glad I seen it at the theatre.

I hope this movie was more exciting than Gravity?

Quote Originally Posted by RADIOACTIVE MAN View Post
    im gonna keep it real, i got too defensive over this film because of my love for astronomy and actually seeing alot of the things they always miss in other space movies on this one was such a breath of fresh air...that earth colony in the end really is something astro physicists wanna apply on mars in the next 100 years via vertical farming,amazed me he did all that homework!!! and yes that Mann thing was clever
    I respect that, I was too harsh on it more because I had very high expectations for Nolan than anything else.

Banned

Wait you expect realism from a science fiction movie about space? The one part of existence even experts cant fully.figure out? U gotta be shitting me,u clearly someone just looking for anything to dislike about the mans work, and the science matters, dude spent nearly 2 years researching with nasa to give the most accurate space related film to date,minus the theoretical aspect of it like the alternate realities and dimensions and you wanna discredit it at all costs, smh @ going to see a sci.fi movie.for realism, your.disregard for the science is clearly why films like these arent for you, how can u even respect or understand a movie like this if u dont give a fuck about science in it..thats dumb as fuck..no offense but who says that?
    lmao

100% true. Spot on dude.

I'm trying to read posts but I'm avoiding spoilers so hopefully I can catch this film in the next few days, I'm all about the 5th dimension
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

I haven't seen this yet but the reviews annoy me, either full of Christopher Nolan fan boys who give it 10/10 or people who don't like him giving it 1/10. He is overrated but I'm not gonna judge a movie till I've seen it

Urban's, Gigy's, Queen's, Roze's wildest dreams

SPOILERS AHEAD!!!!!!!

This was a good movie with the potential of being a great movie.
    The twist was one I saw coming from the beginning of the movie. When a certain character pops up it kind of turns into the plot of Sunshine for a moment wich bothers me.
    The drama in the movie was about Matthew Mcdonaldshey's character trying to get back to his daughter...it didn't need a "bad guy" in it.

But the thing that bothers me most is that Nolan is turning into M. Night Shamalyan (or whatever it's spelled) in terms of twists.

All of his original material has a plottwist at the ending. It annoys me because like I said I saw it coming. When a director keeps doing the same thing over and over again you can kind of expect it...same here, I knew Nolan would throw in a twist so when the movie began and the daughter starts talking about ghosts I knew exactly where it was heading.
    At this point I'd rather see Nolan direcht a great straight forward movie, not relying on twists or complicated stuff but a more intimate story.

He's a great director but to me he's always doing the same stuff when it comes to original stuff.

To be clear...I liked the movie it just wasn't great as most fanboys would like it to be.

Winner of The Masta Killa Award 2007
    New and Improved Cool List © : Everybody
    © The Cool List name and product is protected under the laws of I used it first.All rights reserved

This is one of the greatest films of all time. It's the definition of "cinema" and "IMAX" if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by MisunderstoodDreamer View Post
    This is one of the greatest films of all time. It's the definition of "cinema" and "IMAX" if you ask me.

IMAX 70MM is the move, folks. Great experience.

Terry Cloth Rudolph Joint Sky Blue Bally Kid's Avatar

I allegedly watched a 4k showing of this and felt ripped off as it didn't even look HD quality! Anyone else been to any "4k" showings?

When I'm writing in my room

It's like a child that's fighting in the womb

- KP -

Quote Originally Posted by check two View Post
    I hope this movie was more exciting than Gravity?
    Personally I preferred Gravity over this, but they're really different genres. I'm going to see this again with my girl and see if I misjudged it.

Agreed - Those movies are completely different.

I liked both for different reasons.

God Beside Me Guarded By Martyrs's Avatar
    Front Row Tickets |Watching The Apocalypse|

Really enjoyed this.

Can't wait to see it again.

This film is ahead of the majority of the audience.

How you don't call this a masterpiece is beyond me.

even kubricks space oddyssey which is deemed a classic has one of the biggest blunders of all time..who goes into a gaseos giant planet and survives long enough to find themselves in a well furnished room in it? lmao

Saturn / Jupiter is in another dimension : Therefore to try and understand it....
    Or better yet explain in terms of our outside grasp of reality with limited knowledge:
    While residing in 3D simultaneously being governed by the 4th Dimension of Time
    Thus naturally everything we process is ordained as such a thought process....
    This is simply not viable....we must find what was before the drawing board:
    Only then will we be able to grasp such concepts of such scale.
    "Understanding The Geometry Of Light" & "Occult Scripture Disguised Fractal Wisdom"
    These obstacles (that are not even deemed as such yet) seem to be hard enough....
    For Mankind to grasp at present collectively like my initial point I was trying to make.

However these laws do not apply in this case now you're getting into the minefield where
    "Linear Time" & "The Density Of Matter" are both now not fully understood....(here)
    Simply due to the breaking of such laws that never existed....(there)

Quote Originally Posted by BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI View Post
    I also liked the fact they had the Dr. named MANN who was going to be the downfall of the mission. Man being mans own worst enemy
    No Spirit.

I thought the parallel between MANN & BRAND was interesting....
    Like you mentioned he was all Red-Eye / Mr. Spock "pure-logic"
    Whereas she was the pure spirit willing to let Love decide her fate
    You could even say she was a "Brand" of sorts being groomed for that sole purpose
    By her father? as well as being the only female.

The obvious comparisons with "2001 : A Space Odyssey"
    Are clearly most noticeable in the final act of the film.
    That moment when "TASE" speaks to Mathew before detaching....
    And the reply that is given in return "See You On The Other Side"
    How poetic to recall something being treated as more than "Just A Machine"
    Like in Kubrik's film the A.I. actually calculatingly takes out each member
    Almost becoming human by reading their lips and claiming to be "Scared"

A similar moment occurs when TASE :
    Offers to attempt to read as much of the quantum data
    As possible when venturing into / around the black hole.
    Then Mathew says something like "You'd Do That" and TASE replies:
    "Sir Do I Need To Remind You I Am A Robot And I Have To Do Whatever You Tell Me To?"

Or when he says :"People Couldn't Build This"
    & Mathew replies - - - - - - - - - - - "Not Yet!"

Where HAL9000 became the threat TASE became the saviour.

I thought those where some real nice touches.
    Last edited by Guarded By Martyrs; 11-25-2014 at 11:13 AM.