Thread: Jazzy Jeff - The Magnificent

Default Jazzy Jeff - The Magnificent

You gotta love the BBE 'Beat Generation' releases - Pete Rock's 'PeteStrumentals', Jay Dee's 'Welcome To Detroit', Marley Marl's 'Re-Entry', Will.I.Am's 'Lost Change', and now Jazzy Jeff, the other-legnedary-half of DJ Jazzy Jeff And The Fresh Prince

Jeff's ear for loops, breaks and relaxing sonics is unparalleled - no one can front on his legacy from "Parents Just Don't Understand", to "I Wanna Fight Mike Tyson" to "SummerTime" to "Shake The Room" - now he gets to test his styles with a whole bunch of other artists. The album features vocals from everyone from Shawn Stockman of Boyz II Men through to Jill Scott and The Last Emperor. The hottest track on the album undeniably is "Scram" featuring Freddie Foxxx. Foxxx comes through and bangs out ferociously on Jazz's track and being the track in the middle of the album, it serves as the introduction to the more 'popular' artist side of the album, leading into "Mystery Man" which works as the return-to-form track for The Last Emperor, also a Philly native like Jeff, along with fellow Philly-ite Jill Scott on "We Live in Philly" which serves as the fix between here last and next album.

Other artists featured are J-Live, Baby Blak and Pauly Yamz, and soul sensation Rahiem (no, not the old school rapper). With it's lyrical ups and downs, please believe Jazz laces the album with straight fire that excentuate the best out of the very worst artists - like dude from boyz to Men and Chef.
    --------------

Someone knows that Album?What do you think about it?
    I loove it...

Default Re: Jazzy Jeff-The Magnificent

Sorry about the pole..I don`t know what I did wrong.

I'm with you, The Magnificent is dope, and so are JJ+FP. "For Da Love of Da Game" was the jam. Jeff blends many styles together on the tracks like R&B, Soul, House, straight Hip-Hop, and of course Turntablism. It's just really good, overall. It's got that timeless sound, you could listen to it years from now and enjoy it. The one thing I would have liked to hear more of is Jeff's scratches, like an instrumental being cut up. I agree with your review, and I'd definitely reccommend people give it a listen. I give this a 9/10.

Look out for Jeff's next album, The Return of the Magnificent to drop soon.
    Last edited by I_Khan; 02-02-2006 at 10:20 PM.