Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Marvel's Ant Man film -2015

first billboards turn up in Australia http://deredactie.be/cm/vrtnieuws/cu...film/1.2312294 I dig the idea
    Retired.

Marvel's Ant-Man Poster Suggests He'll Be New Member Of The Team

Now that Marvel has unleashed Avengers: Age of Ultron unto the world and continues its worldwide box-office domination, the studio behind Earth’s Mightiest Heroes can focus on their next big (ahem, small) film: Ant-Man. A new poster for the size-shrinking hero has arrived, while a revealing Tweet sent directly from Marvel Studios also suggests that Paul Rudd's future as a member of the Avengers team is inevitable (and unavoidable). More on that in a second. First, the new Ant-Man poster!

More interesting than this poster, however, is Marvel’s tweet, which references the success of Avengers and calls Ant-Man "the latest member of the team."

In addition, the official story synopsis for the film is quick to point out that Ant-Man is a "founding member of The Avengers" in the comics. Do you see where I’m going…

[Warning: We’ll be discussing the ending of Avengers: Age of Ultron below, so proceed at your own risk.]

The final scene of Age of Ultron saw the current line-up of heroes disbanded, though perhaps temporarily, and a new crop of recruits stepping in to take their place. With Captain America and Black Widow leading Scarlet Witch, War Machine, Falcon and The Vision, could Ant-Man also become the next recruit? Let’s be real, these movies are all leading up to the big Avengers: Infinity War, which is all but certain to include Lang fighting alongside folks like Doctor Strange, Black Panther and Captain Marvel. Though, this wording gives more strength to the reports that Ant-Man will be appearing in Captain America: Civil War, so he could be joining the team sooner than we thought.

Back to the poster for a second. Paul Rudd’s Scott Lang is front and center in the new Ant-Man one sheet, and he’s haunted by the ghost of his criminal past, as seen in the floating head to his left. In fact, he’s haunted by a lot of floating heads, something that Marvel just loves to include in their posters. (See posters for Iron Man 3, Thor: The Dark World and Captain America: The Winter Soldier.) To Ant-Man’s right is Michael Douglas’ Hank Pym, the original Ant-Man and the inventor of the Ant-Man suit and the size-shrinking Pym Particles. Also shown are Evangline Lilly as Hope van Dyne, Corey Stoll as Darren Cross/Yellowjacket, Bobby Cannavale as a character named Paxton, and Michael Pena as Luis.

The conflicts of Ant-Man also provide a nice lead-in to the events of Civil War. In this film, coming out July 17, Cross discovers that Pym has been keeping his Ant-Man technology under wraps, which prompts him to steal it for himself. We hear Pym in the trailer fearing the implications of giving everyone God-like powers. Will the events of this film spill into Civil War? Knowing Marvel, that's probably a yeah.
    Retired.

exceeds my expectations
    Last edited by Rev Jones; 05-08-2015 at 02:28 AM.
    Retired.

http://marvel-movies.wikia.com/wiki/..._-_Fannotation
    the above trailer, but this time with fan annotations
    Retired.

I lost interest in this particular movie after trailers

{>____<}

Good ratings but the box office numbers aren't good. $150 mil budget and it's already made $6.4 mil.

Movie was awesome!

IMO better than Avengers 2 and its up there with Winter soldier and guardians of the galaxy.
    Not too much comedy and alot of action!

what made this movie good is, the lack of online leaks and, the trailers don't give away the movie.

FYI- theres a post credits scene and after credits scene

Antman isnt really a popular character, but Il'l bet he will get more of a following.
    Last edited by chiba; 07-19-2015 at 10:48 PM.

courtesy of Bobby_Digital72

Non Ignorants

Ive been hearing a ton of good reviews for this film. I thought it would of been Marvels worst movie due to the concept and the first clip like a few years ago showcasing what it would be like

Quote Originally Posted by 100pr00f View Post
    Ive been hearing a ton of good reviews for this film. I thought it would of been Marvels worst movie due to the concept and the first clip like a few years ago showcasing what it would be like
    I thought the same thing but this movie was perfect!
    everyone can relate to scott lang (and his friends)!

Its Marvels version of like Mission Impossible (which makes sense because Lang is a master cat burglar) and Honey I Shrunk the Kids . There were funny parts/punchlines but they weren't over the top, the action and CGi were on point
    I cant find anything not to like about this film!

Saw it twice already and I think Ill watch it again to see if I can find more of the easter eggs.

courtesy of Bobby_Digital72

Non Ignorants

{>____<}

Default My full movie review

Ant-man, who is an original member of the Avengers, finally premieres on the big screen. With all of the Marvel movies that have been released, Ant-man is one of the best films to date. Prior to viewing the film, people (including myself) were extremely skeptical regarding the film’s ability to sufficiently entertain an audience. Why? For two main reasons: One, Peyton Reed, who is the director, and number two, the Marvel superhero Ant-man, who most people know nothing about (on a Thursday night, there were only three people in the theater, myself included). However, the film contains a brilliant cast, superb writing, wonderful production, and lovely action scenes. Ant-man is what a superhero movie is supposed to be: Marvelous!

Ant-man’s creator, Dr. Hank Pym (played by the talented Michael Douglas), believes the technology he created is at risk. Pym vows to hide it as long as he lives. In the present day, Pym's estranged daughter, Hope van Dyne (played by Evangeline Lilly) and former protégé, Darren Cross (played by Corey Stoll), have forced him out of his own company. In the film, Cross and his scientists are close to perfecting a shrinking suit of his own, the Yellowjacket, which horrifies Pym. Scott Lang (Paul Rudd), who is a former systems engineer with a M.S. in Electrical Engineering, served a three year prison term for theft. Once released, his only priority is to regain back the relationship with his daughter, Cassie.

The film from start to finish is absolutely brilliantly done with great writing (Edgar Wright) and a great cast who acting skills only strengthens the film. There was ever a time where the film dragged or fell short of anything. Unlike Avengers: Age of Ultron, Ant-man wasn’t expected to be as huge as The Avengers; However, this film was simple, funny, well written, great comedy, and exciting! Bottom-line, Ant-man is a heist movie, with amazing humor, action, and emotional scenes that people can relate too. The fantastic thing is that Ant-man will be included in Captain America: Civil War, which will no doubt make the upcoming Marvel films very exciting.

Ant-man is a film that is highly recommended for everyone. Not just for superhero fans, but for everyone who wants to see a film that will entertain, make one laugh, smile, cheer, and uplift themselves. Ant-man is splendid!

4.5/5
    Last edited by IrOnMaN; 07-25-2015 at 12:19 PM.

Seen it friday. Fun watch. Would rate it on the level of the 1st Iron-Man movie.

BITE YO FUKIN HEAD OFF JIGSAW45's Avatar

I saw it twice...it's super entertaining and Michael Peña is hilarious in this movie. I can't find anything not to like about this flick.

I was pleasantly surprised! Funny, w great fx and explores some real family drama! Like an ant its a lil guy that can carry the weight lol.
    Excelsior!

Quote Originally Posted by JIGSAW45 View Post
    I saw it twice...it's super entertaining and Michael Peña is hilarious in this movie. I can't find anything not to like about this flick.
    I finally got round to watching this and it was really really good. like JIGSAW said Pena was brilliant in his small funny part

I had feared Paul Rudd would have been unable to pull off a part in this kind of movie, but he did well. the script writers found the right balance between humor and action, which is so tricky - it's where a lot of action comedies fail (here's looking at you, Eddie Murhpy)

so yesterday I watched this and today I watched Spectre. imo 4/5 for Ant Man & 2/5 for the latest Bond movie
    Retired.