Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Harrelson and McConaughey in new HBO show -True Detective

nah, im having trouble with the notseeinganymoreofthatyoungbroadstitties withdrawl

Finally got a chance to see all the epsisodes & I think its really good so far, it was a little slow at first but it has certainly picked up. Im dying to find out who the yellow king is or whatever religion or cult they are after

meet me in the lobby TommySuits's Avatar

Who's ready for tonight's finale? I feel like they still have so much to cover. Hopefully this episode is a little longer

Any news on who the main actors will be in season 2?

i wouldn't be surprised if season 2 focused on the two black detectives pursuing the case

PRODIGAL SUN

Quote Originally Posted by Miliato View Post
    Who's ready for tonight's finale? I feel like they still have so much to cover. Hopefully this episode is a little longer
    It doesn't really feel like there's been a build-up to the finale.

Do they ever make finale episodes longer in TV shows?
    Last edited by madchild; 03-10-2014 at 06:47 PM.

What did you guys think of the finale?

That final was sick. It was deep and dark as hell. That ending where they are dudes house was insane. All the shit going on you dont know if they are body's or what. It was like chainsaw massacre. McConaughey's final speech at the end was some dark shit too...real good acting right there. Just got done watching it.

The next true detective will be more female oriented. I hope they at least get some A list actors

Yea the finale was dope, especially that scene where they were going through the old church or whatever that was.

McConaughey killed it...his best role since Texas Chainsaw Next Generation

PRODIGAL SUN

If you've clicked on this thread and haven't seen the finale, well, it's your own fault.

In the finale, the sniper part had me chuckling. I thought the overgrown Coliseum or whatever that structure was, was a creepy and great set. I found the build-up to the serial killer anticlimactic though. We never really learned much about his motives. Episode 7 built it up like we were going to see an underground cult scene. It seemed rather foolish and unbelievable for Rust to proceed on solo after Marty called out to him too.

Overall though, I find this show over-rated. At the end of each episode, I never really felt craved to see what developed next episode. The finale left nothing to look forward too next season. It seems like a waste to do all that character development for Rust and Marty's character, just to reset next season. McConaughey pretty much made this show and he's going to leave some big shoes to fill.

Quote Originally Posted by madchild View Post
    Overall though, I find this show over-rated. At the end of each episode, I never really felt craved to see what developed next episode. The finale left nothing to look forward too next season. It seems like a waste to do all that character development for Rust and Marty's character, just to reset next season. McConaughey pretty much made this show and he's going to leave some big shoes to fill.
    yes, I agree

is it only me or the last episode was kinda the worst of all season?

PRODIGAL SUN

Last edited by madchild; 03-11-2014 at 12:54 PM. Reason: Misinterpreted what I quoted

Quote Originally Posted by madchild View Post
    If you've clicked on this thread and haven't seen the finale, well, it's your own fault.

In the finale, the sniper part had me chuckling. I thought the overgrown Coliseum or whatever that structure was, was a creepy and great set. I found the build-up to the serial killer anticlimactic though. We never really learned much about his motives. Episode 7 built it up like we were going to see an underground cult scene. It seemed rather foolish and unbelievable for Rust to proceed on solo after Marty called out to him too.

I definitely agree with some of the stuff you said here. Lots of build up for a finale that seemed somewhat rushed. I feel like there should have been a lot more explaining and more things to cover. The season could have used a few more episodes

I thought the show dragged on too much for the first few episodes of the season. I know some people that stopped watching after that. lol @ somebody mentioning that Texas Chainsaw Massacre movie. That was the worst one of the whole series.

All i can say is that this series was awesome and that i'm really glad i have been able to avoid all of the idiotic chatter about it online. That shit ruined Breaking Bad for me.