Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: EXCLUSIVE: The Return of Darkim Be Allah & A.I.G.

Default EXCLUSIVE: The Return of Darkim Be Allah & A.I.G.

Wu-Tang Corp Admin Mark Mayoya

Default Re: EXCLUSIVE: The Return of Darkim Be Allah & A.I.G.

Bronx stand up!!!
    The Holy Temple Is The Mental

I like DBA's and A.I.G.'s music a lot, that's why I put a update and a topic about this online. These cats are ill. Haven't heard loads of their stuff, but the tracks I have heard are so fucking ill.

THE SWARM was my first Wu cd and BRONX WAR STORIES was my favorite back in '98. Shit's damn sick.
    Wu-Tang Corp Admin Mark Mayoya

Quote Originally Posted by Mark
    I like DBA's and A.I.G.'s music a lot, that's why I put a update and a topic about this online. These cats are ill. Haven't heard loads of their stuff, but the tracks I have heard are so fucking ill.

THE SWARM was my first Wu cd and BRONX WAR STORIES was my favorite back in '98. Shit's damn sick.
    Wait till you hear this album! Phone Call is a sick song, in classic Darkim format - short, to the point, great beat, introspective lyrics. On Strokin', AllahWise rips up the track. We included some unreleased gems from the albums that were never released, but re-mastered and touched them up a bit. And, added some new, never before heard tracks.

I need to get this shit. November 29th sounds good to me.

Veteran Member

darkim be allah is the shiiiiiiiit! cant wait to hear it, this is classic wu banger type music that has been missing from us to date.
    Forgotten Brotherhood

Look At It The Smart Way...this Shit Aint Worth It....13.00 + Shipping And Handling For An Album With 12 Tracks. Thas More Than A Dollar A Song.... For That Just Down Load The Shit .....i'm Sorry But Darkim Is Slippen On That.
    http://images.meez.com/user07/3/9/3/0/8/3/9/3930839_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Quote Originally Posted by P-Noid Brown
    Look At It The Smart Way...this Shit Aint Worth It....13.00 + Shipping And Handling For An Album With 12 Tracks. Thas More Than A Dollar A Song.... For That Just Down Load The Shit .....i'm Sorry But Darkim Is Slippen On That.
    As I mentioned in the comments section on the news, if it's too expensive, don't buy it. Honestly, any store you go into - every CD has a normal retail price of $13 or more. It's really not that much for a CD if you consider that not too long ago they were retailing at $16 - $18. We have to make some money on this, and honestly after all the expenses, we're not going to make much. There are no features on it because the fans want Darkim. In my opinion, 12 tracks is the perfect length for an album. All the CDs you buy these days load up the CD with 20 or so songs, skits, etc. It's too much filler. I'd rather have 12 solid tracks I can bump the whole way through without skipping anything. But, you're entitled to your opinion.

On iTunes, you're paying $.99 a track. What's a few cents more to pay for an independent artist coming back to release music to his fans? Another thing to think about - how many tracks were on Illmatic? Enter the Wu-Tang? the new Common CD? All classics because they didn't overload the album with filler and tracks that weren't bangin. If you decide not to purchase this and to download it, you're only hurting Darkim. Because if this sells well, he will be releasing 2 more albums.

I Digg That And I Am All For It , But When Comparing Illmatic Or Even 36 Chambers Look At The Time Frame. No Disrespect But In This Day In Time Darkim Can't Capture That Image Of Rawness, He Is An Excellent Artist But Things Were Cheaper Back Then Too. As Far As The New Common Album I Stuck By My Guns Because I Wasn't Beat Payin 16.00 For A C.d. With 11 Tracks. The Only Thing I Sacraficed That Much Money For Was Grandmasters Cause I Am Big On The Gza, I Know The Level Of Satisfaction. I'm Not Knockin Darkim In Anyway But To Me It's Not Worth It. So In This I Will Say I Support Darkim To The Fullest But For Some Reason I Don't Think I Will Receive The Satisfaction That I Am Paying For The Album , How Long Is The Album? Is It Over 45 Minutes? Then Maybe I Can Reconsider...are There Bonus Tracks Anything???

FRESH FISH

how come i already have those tracks?

1. The Anthem
    2. Next of Kin
    3. Strokin'
    4. Don't Stop
    5. Block Famous
    6. Time To Eat
    7. The Reunion
    8. Phone Call Skit
    9. Phone Call
    10. Unbreakable Code
    11. Where Does That Leave Me?
    12. Life & Music (Bonus Track)

here's the track #7 : the reunion http://s61.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0...Z3173FHIUFEDP3

Man, Ghost9 is right. First of all, who are these kids all over the internet and everywhere that think $13 is a lot? Get a damn job man. People go to the bar and pay $13 for two drinks, if that, and cant buy a cd that will last a hell of a lot longer than some drinks? Second, if the cd is good, all tracks are hot, or even 80% are hot, the shit is worth it.

If this is on some true wu shit, its worth the price no matter what.

Wu U'z A Rider...first Of All, Who Are You Talkin About My Situation U Don't Know Me Duke. I Got A Job. But $13.00 For 12 Tracks U Do The Math Sun...that Don't Make Too Much Sense. People Do Go To The Bar...fortunatly I Am Not One Of Those People. If The Album Is Soooo Hot Buy Me A Copy Send It To Me And If I Like I'll Reimburst You For The Cost. If I Dont Like You Purchased 2 Copies From Darkim And You'll Be His Biggest Fan.... So If It's Worth It ...holla At Me .... (just Cause U Say It's Hot An Worth It Don't Think Imma Co-sign The Shit. I Gotta Hear It First)

So Until Then.....fuck Off

P-Noid, I respect your opinions. No worries G. We'll have some soundclips up, so if you feel it's hot and worth your money, you can pick it up. If not, stick by your guns, I can respect that. You stand for something and that's better than falling for anything. Though I may disagree (I think the album is hot and worth the $13), I can respectfully understand your opinion.

You gotta look at it like, we don't have major label promotion; paying for studio time; paying for all the expenses, etc. It all comes out of our pockets. $13 is a pretty good # to me.

To WuStar: You may have some of those tracks, but I guarantee you don't have at least half of them. The others were leaked from back in the day and weren't supposed to come out officially. Unfortunately as you know, the album they were supposed to be on was scrapped, so now we're officially releasing them. Some of the tracks have been re-worked, and all have been re-mastered. The tracks still capture that gritty Darkim sound, but you'll hear a noticeable difference between this album and Live at the Lab, Take 1.

FRESH FISH

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost9

To WuStar: You may have some of those tracks, but I guarantee you don't have at least half of them.
    wanna bet? iam telling u i got those tracks man, i aint lying

this album is 2/3 years old

General

yup I have

Next of Kin
    Block Famous
    Time To Eat
    The Reunion
    Unbreakable Code
    Where Does That Leave Me

and I bet the other tracks are tracks I have just renamed