Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Malik B - Unpredictable LP produced by Mr. Green

PRODIGAL SUN

Default Malik B - Unpredictable LP produced by Mr. Green

Dope beat at 1:50 and DJ'ing

hell yeah, this is fat as shit.. Mr. Green is a real talent, and both singles with Malik B has got me real hyped, and now this? DAMN!

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

ditto

-

Malik B of the Roots is doing a solo album? I'd like to check that out because i like him. I like his lyrics on The Roots Clones when he said my insight will crack the windpipe of ya'll niggas, whether small, middle sized or tall niggas LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.

you're right Charles, Malik B. is extremely dope, and he and Tariq sounded so dope together so it was quite a loss when he left The Roots although Black Thought is one of my all time favorites... he is also very underrated, being that he's always being remembered as "that oter guy in The Roots", due to Black Thought being like top 5 dead or alive.. but he held his own, and put him against anyone else and he would shine bright as hell.

that's why a solo album is extremely interesting... it's entirely produced by Mr. Green (who made all the beats in the first YT video) and rarely dissapoint and the singles have been FIRE. if i got my hip-hop trivia correct, i believe Malik B. has released a couple of EP:s but this is actually his first album. migth be wrong. check out the singles so far Charles, what do you think of them?? i personally think both beats and rhymes are fantastic:

FIRST SINGLE "DEVIL"

Second single "DEFINITION" (click to stream the song, and read a little about it)

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

-

I don't like Devil song but he's a good rapper.

The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.

-

Claaa7, you should check out Black Thought's Yelling To The Sky movie with Zoe Kravitz and Antonique Smith. Black Thought is a drug dealer and Zoe sells drugs for him at school. Zoe and Antonique are hot. Zoe is the daughter of Lisa Bonet who was Denise on The Cosby Show and A Different World tv shows and rock singer Lenny Kravitz.

sorry to hear you didn't like the beat on "Devil", i thought it was absolutely fantastic.. i think they have a great chemistry together and can't wait for the LP to drop. but i understand where you coming from, it's not that today's beats are by any means bad, but it's that it does not fit your taste.. your taste in hip-hop is that of the early to mid-'90s and that's it pretty much. nothing wrong with that, but too bad that you can't enjoy all the fantastic music coming out these days.

that sounds interesting, didn't know about that movie.. i think the only feature film i ever saw Black Thought in was "Bamboozled".. gonna check this one out. i take it you liked it?

-

Yeah Yelling To The Sky I liked. Antonique Smith played r&b singer Faith Evans in Notorious movie about rapper Notorious Big. Have you seen Notorious? I liked it. Black Thought was in another movie I saw called Brooklyn Babylon. It was about he had a love relationship with a jewish woman and they got some beef from racist jews. Jewish girl he messed with was cute and I never seen her before. The Roots made a appearance in the movie at the end.

-

Last album I liked by The Roots was Things Fall Apart. The albums they did after that are wack.

PRODIGAL SUN

PRODIGAL SUN

LP drops February 24, 2015 on Enemy Soil.

-

Madchild, thanks for posting Malik B's Definition video. I like that song. We Gonna Make It song is ok. I'm glad Malik B left The Roots because it's sad how their music became wack after Things Fall Apart album. Black Thought is a very good rapper and I wish he would leave the group too because he needs to put out a solo album but it's too late for that because he should've did that a long time ago.

PRODIGAL SUN

"Crown Of Thorns" feat. Skrewtape
    https://soundcloud.com/greenhiphop/c...album-feb-24th
    Last edited by madchild; 02-17-2015 at 05:05 PM.

PRODIGAL SUN

Dope

Last edited by madchild; 02-23-2015 at 03:18 PM.