View Poll Results: Here to Save You All vs. Internal Affairs?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Here to Save You All

1 25.00%
  • Internal Affairs

3 75.00%

Thread: Better Underground Album: Here to Save You All vs. Internal Affairs?

Default Better Underground Album: Here to Save You All vs. Internal Affairs?

So both of these were late '90s underground classics. Me and my friend were having a debate on which one was better so I figured I'd as the corp. Which one do you guys think is better? Which has better beats? Better rapping?

VS.

Love both of these, but I got to give it to Pharoahe Monch.

HTSYA's atmosphere and mood are more consistent and more to my preference (I'm one of those few who absolutely love the production on this), but PM is by far the superior rapper two and he absolutely bodied IA..

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones
    I didn't like it because of the beats.

monch's joint blows that chino xl album out the water.

not even close.
    "Fuck Wu Tang Corp" - The GZA/Genius

https://soundcloud.com/gptent/tito-lo-blak-hell

Quote Originally Posted by GhettoGnom View Post
    Love both of these, but I got to give it to Pharoahe Monch.

HTSYA's atmosphere and mood are more consistent and more to my preference (I'm one of those few who absolutely love the production on this), but PM is by far the superior rapper two and he absolutely bodied IA..
    Yeah! Finally someone else who thinks that the production on HTSYA is dope! Totally agree with you my friend!

I do think the rapping is close than you make it out to be though. I mean, listen to the "Shabba Doo Conspiracy" or "Ghetto Vampire". You don't think that comes close to PM? The other thing that makes me hesitant to call Internal Affairs better is because of the songs "The Ass" and "The Next Shit". Those always seemed a little weak compared to the other joints on the album.

Here To Save You All is the better in my opinion. One of my all time fav's.

Quote Originally Posted by KJR View Post
    Yeah! Finally someone else who thinks that the production on HTSYA is dope! Totally agree with you my friend!

I do think the rapping is close than you make it out to be though. I mean, listen to the "Shabba Doo Conspiracy" or "Ghetto Vampire". You don't think that comes close to PM? The other thing that makes me hesitant to call Internal Affairs better is because of the songs "The Ass" and "The Next Shit". Those always seemed a little weak compared to the other joints on the album.
    Yeah, at his best on this, I agree. Maybe I should've written it a bit different, seeing as I think the difference in skill between Chino & Monch are larger than the difference when you look at these two albums for themselves. Over the course of their careers, what they can and can't do has become a lot more noticeable.

Pharoahe is more diverse in terms of flow and delivery and his approach to writing is a lot more unique to me. Delivery wise this is Chino at his best, but his style gets worn-out a lot quicker than PM's.

I love both The Ass and The Next Shit, but I do think Here to Save You All is more cohesive, so on another day I might've voted differently.

Been awhile since I've listened to these though, gonna go grab them straight away and give them a spin.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones
    I didn't like it because of the beats.

Quote Originally Posted by GhettoGnom View Post
    Yeah, at his best on this, I agree. Maybe I should've written it a bit different, seeing as I think the difference in skill between Chino & Monch are larger than the difference when you look at these two albums for themselves. Over the course of their careers, what they can and can't do has become a lot more noticeable.

Pharoahe is more diverse in terms of flow and delivery and his approach to writing is a lot more unique to me. Delivery wise this is Chino at his best, but his style gets worn-out a lot quicker than PM's.

I love both The Ass and The Next Shit, but I do think Here to Save You All is more cohesive, so on another day I might've voted differently.

Been awhile since I've listened to these though, gonna go grab them straight away and give them a spin.
    Okay yeah, I see what you mean about their skills coming out as their careers developed. If your opinion changes after listening to them, be sure to post about it, haha! I don't know why, but I just absolutely love these two albums! They're true pieces of art to me.

nada ignorante

Internal Affairs is classic.

Never heard the other Cuz Ive never been into Chino.
    N.I.

Quote Originally Posted by hotnikks View Post
    Internal Affairs is classic.

Never heard the other Cuz Ive never been into Chino.
    Dude, you should check it out. It'll turn you into a fan.

was listening to internal affairs the other day

one of the best albums in hip hop ever. never sure why it rarely gets mentioned in talks.

Monch is one of the best emcees to bless the game