Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Admit it Project Pat outlasted Wu Tang in quality

Are U aware I ban @ will? MASTER PAI MEI's Avatar

The production is simple. Not layerd or dynamic. But by all means post tracks you believe have production quality and I will listen.

Exactly. Show me some quality production tracks. I think we have different taste when it comes to production.

I will keep an open mind with what ever you post. But the previous tracks posted are garbage IMO

Wu Vatican

sometimes shit can be so bad its good.

its the essence of music. just some dudes with some raw talent making music on rudimentary shit (more so referring to the early 3 6) but then they just kept with that sound.

like look at some of kanyes newer stuff, some like it some don't. but theres no doubt some of it is just super over produced. like hes trying too hard to be different and complex. pat and early 3 6 is on the opposite tip. they arent trying, they are just doing, what they know and like. and they have kept that sound.

the individual may not care of that type of sound, but the shit is still hard.
    The earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that in glory and in triumph they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot.

People are too stupid to effectively conspire to do anything, but not too stupid to come up with conspiracy theories.

no point comparing their music but i agree with the threadstarter. if your a project pat fan he's probably never release anything disappointing, and most of it has been of a similar quality. Wu tang's music has varied in quality far more.

crushed out heavenly Ghost In The 'Lac's Avatar

thats what i mean, wu fans constantly btching for the old sound, no one gives a shit about RZa learning to play violin. that's why Wu lost so many fans with Wu Forever. It was only their second album but they already changed their style from what THEY WERE KNOWN. They did all these amazing albums like 36,LS,CL,Returnto36, Ironman then RZA changes the sound on Forever before they'd barely got started.

Forever was the beginning of the end ironically. This is why I liked The W so much. It felt the most like their past.

im pretty sure an artist's highest selling album they ever made = they made fans and didnt lose them

their wack solo projects after wu forever was the start of their decline. Wu Tang Forever was their pinnacle

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost In The 'Lac View Post
    thats what i mean, wu fans constantly btching for the old sound, no one gives a shit about RZa learning to play violin. that's why Wu lost so many fans with Wu Forever. It was only their second album but they already changed their style from what THEY WERE KNOWN. They did all these amazing albums like 36,LS,CL,Returnto36, Ironman then RZA changes the sound on Forever before they'd barely got started.

Forever was the beginning of the end ironically. This is why I liked The W so much. It felt the most like their past.
    They set themselves up from the start as the most creative group out so i don't understand people that want them to sound the same all the time.

All those early Wu albums were a lot different to each other, RZA wasn't just following a formula like you think he should now.

Basically they all just wanted to do their own thing, and with RZA getting constantly accused of fucking them out of money and wanting to do movies, the music took a back seat for the last 10 years. RZAs unpredictable production is a big part of it, stuff like 4th chamber or stroke of death is mind blowing. Why would you want him to make predictable music when that goes against everything wu-tang?

The only fans I see bitching are on here and you specifically G.I.T.L.