Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Admit it Project Pat outlasted Wu Tang in quality

Are U aware I ban @ will? MASTER PAI MEI's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sosa View Post
    Pat started with a simple style so nobody expected artistic growth from him. He was never going to evolve. i think certain artists show a lot of promise and possibility at the start of their career and those are the ones that we want to see exploring new territory. Its a shame when you know theres more to an artist but they stay in their comfort zone.

Theres nothing more to Pat, and his fans already know thats what he is.
    Quote Originally Posted by JASPER View Post
    Pat isn't a pretentious faggot like some rappers. I don't go listen to dance or rap music to hear about human rights in Myanmar or child starvation in Burundi.

Point of thread is, Wu ain't Wu anymore for a long time while Pat stays Pat. Stay true to yourself. Real talk.
    The point of this thread is Quality which is in the title.

I don't see the Quality in PP. Maybe if I listen long enough I may like some of his music, but the Quality is very low, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI View Post

I don't see the Quality in PP. Maybe if I listen long enough I may like some of his music, but the Quality is very low, IMO.

The reason the quality is low, is because project pat is garbage, I don't like to hate on music, but it's garbage...

Quote Originally Posted by BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI View Post

Wu Tang has dipped below Pat in terms of quality if you ask me. It's a subjective term though.

I don't get why you guys hate on Pat. He doesn't rap about stuff he doesn't know. He has a unique style and delivery and he's real as fuck. I guess you dudes rather listen to fags trying to sound intelligent with multiple syllable rhymes and fancy thesaurus words. While most of their lyrics are meaningless.

I can understand what people mean by 'garbage'. Project Pat and 3 6 is very trashy ignorant music and it has a lo fi, almost slapped together sound. But thats exactly what its appeal is. Its completely unpretentious unlike most rap music which is full of social parables and knowing intertextual references.

I can understand what people mean by 'garbage'. Project Pat and 3 6 is very trashy ignorant music and it has a lo fi, almost slapped together sound. But thats exactly what its appeal is. Its completely unpretentious unlike most rap music which is full of social parables and knowing intertextual references.
    Lo fi yes, their earlier stuff (especially early triple six mafia) sounds a bit lo fi. But same could be said for some of the best Wu albums. Slapped together I don't agree with, Juicy J and DJ Paul know what they're doing and their beats are put well together. They've been doing this for ages.

Go listen to Juicy J's Stay Trippy album and tell me your nipples ain't tingling.

I said 'almost slapped together', not 'slapped together', its not over-polished or over-thought is what i meant.

And Stay Trippy only had a few songs produced by the Juiceman, the clean sparkly beats are mostly Mike Will and others.

Wu Vatican

thats that shit.
    The earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that in glory and in triumph they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot.

People are too stupid to effectively conspire to do anything, but not too stupid to come up with conspiracy theories.

I just listened to this dude, didn't know him. His beats are trash, thought my ears were bleeding. What are some good tracks?

Quote Originally Posted by JASPER View Post
    Wu Tang has dipped below Pat in terms of quality if you ask me. It's a subjective term though.

I don't get why you guys hate on Pat. He doesn't rap about stuff he doesn't know. He has a unique style and delivery and he's real as fuck. I guess you dudes rather listen to fags trying to sound intelligent with multiple syllable rhymes and fancy thesaurus words. While most of their lyrics are meaningless.
    Um no. And while your throwing insults around, I guess ya'll can only appreciate shallow 1 dimensional material.

Mos Def is simple yet complex and deep. So say what you may.

Some music is complex, some is basic. No music is inherently bad and this topic is 4 pages of nothing thats going nowhere.

i like to play some project pat in the whip sometimes, his shit is entertaining no doubt

but the premise of this thread is still retarded, its like saying britney spears stayed consistent while michael jackson declined musically later on. Ok so? Pats whole catalog still can't compare to one Wu-Tang album.

There is a clear line drawn here.

Even basic music can be complex by the lyrics, even if simple, when used and how the they are delivered.

Honestly who doesnt like listening to some ignorant shit every now and then. The problem is you cant just listen to that it gets old.

Its like feeling pumped and wanting to hear Wildflower or Careful. But later wanting to hear something deeper so you play A Better Tomorrow or School.

Wildflower is one of my favorite GFK tracks

crushed out heavenly Ghost In The 'Lac's Avatar

I don't see how musically Juicy J and DJ Paul's production is garbage. It's a tight, coherent sound they've got. It hits where its supposed to. They also know how to manipulate their shit to make it creepy as fuck, bouncy as fuck, or any atmosphere they want.

When Mobb Deep did this East Coast critics went crazy on their talent.

Pat's flow is tight and real as a fucking bullfrog ribbit. How you can love Nas post2000 bullshit lyrics but hate on Pat for being stupid is fucked.