Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: "In God We Trust"

Default "In God We Trust"

Peace

Does placing this statement on money and government buidings violate the seperation of church and state ?

This is now being challenged in the U.S. Supreme Court

http://us.rd.yahoo.com/dailynews/fc/..._religion_dc_1

This article explains it like this:
    "A U.S. appeals court ruled that the lawsuit failed to show that the display had no legitimate secular purpose, that it has the effect of endorsing religion or that it has resulted in an excessive entanglement of government and religion."

Peace

Default Re: "In God We Trust"

Bunch of crybabies whining. I'm far from being a religion thumper but it should stay. A 5 will still be worth 5 and a 20 will still be worth 20 regardless what is written on the damn things. If someone is offended by the statement In God We Trust then lock your doors, and cut your wrists while dropping a plugged in blow dryer in your bath tub with you.
    Liberalism is totalitarianism with a human face

If they would get rid of these things... there might be some commotion...

What, we don't trust in God no more? The hell?
    "I hate them and I wish death among them!" - Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper1134
    If they would get rid of these things... there might be some commotion...

What, we don't trust in God no more? The hell?
    I think that is what they are trying to say because your God may not be my God so what purpose is it to place that statement on money and government buildings, if the state has nothing to do with religion?

Walk Like a Warrior blackwisdom's Avatar

If you want to take the reference to the Supreme Being off of the back, you may as well take the picture of a mass murder off of the front.

He inherited a modest 10 salves at the tender age of eleven (1743), and by the time of his death (in 1799) the first G. W. had 316 slaves on his estate.

The facts concerning George Washington are not taught school children. He was a hater of Native Americans even during the time when their wealth and alliances provided him with great personal fortune.
    Native Americans were called redskins without religious beliefs.

These words of hatred gave permission to European Americans to terrorize, kill, maim and destroy Native Americans physically and culturally. Words are bad enough, but his behavior was unbelievable. He waged a personal war of genocide instructing Major General John Sullivan in 1779 to hunt the Mohawk like wild animals and to:

"Lay waste all the settlements around... that the country may not be merely overrun but destroyed," urging the general not to "listen to any overture of peace before the total ruin of their settlements is effected." Sullivan did this reporting he had, "destroy[ed] everything that contributes to their support" turning "the whole of that beautiful region from the character of a garden to a scene of drear and sickening desolation." Washington's troops amused themselves by skinning the bodies of Indians "from the hips downward, to make boot tops or leggins."

-Anthony F.C,. Wallace, the Death and Rebirth of the Seneca

George Washington's troops skinned Native Americans like animals.

Though they have many beautiful and fulfilling spiritual/religious concepts, the term "redskins" enabled European Americans to take away their identities and served the purpose of encouraging hate crimes against them. That is the false identity that "redskins" creates. A name that allows the cruelest punishment to a people, the conduct of active genocide against them. This stereotyping of the Native Peoples and their ancestors. REDSKINS is how European Americans justified killing children in the same way they would kill a coyote running across the sand.

So don't try to take "God" off the money, take criminals off of it. Oops, I forgot this land was stolen so why not place the face of the biggest thieves on it.

Question though. Why haven't they placed J. Edgar Hoover's face on a bill yet if that's the case?

Hotep

"Read everything, listen to everybody, don't trust anything unless you can prove it with your research." - William "Bill" Cooper
    Myspace Libradio Prison Radio/Mumia Fourty-Two/Seven

Brillaint build Blackwisdom!

I suppose they are saving Hoover's picture for the "new" New World Order monetary denominations.

Thank you for adding - on

Peace

YA BIG DUMMY!!!

uh...BW...you're a marine......lol

Quote Originally Posted by Aqueous Moon
    I think that is what they are trying to say because your God may not be my God so what purpose is it to place that statement on money and government buildings, if the state has nothing to do with religion?
    Most people in America believe in a God. Just because there are people who don't, doesn't mean it should be changed. Why put efford in something that's would upset a lot of people...

I don't have a god or relgion, so I don't really care that much about this subject.

imhoptep
    "I hate them and I wish death among them!" - Mahatma Gandhi

Wisdom, does the fact that slavery was socially accepted and encouraged change your viewpoint at all? If George was born today, you think he would still own slaves?

Oops, I forgot this land was stolen

How do you suppose the natives came to own the land we now call america? Were they the first?
    Liberalism is totalitarianism with a human face

FRESH FISH

Quote Originally Posted by blackwisdom
    He inherited a modest 10 salves at the tender age of eleven (1743), and by the time of his death (in 1799) the first G. W. had 316 slaves on his estate.
    What kind of business was Mr.Washington controlling that needed 316 slaves to operate ?

i think they should of never started putting it on there and i think it should be removed. but if they don't it's not really anything i pay attention to anyway. and i do not believe in god, i know lots of people dont believe in God or worship someone else. so i could see if other people found this violating them somehow

They Will Never Take In God We Trust Of Money That Is This World's God People
    Worship Money I Mean If Someone Needs Something They Never Pray And Ask The Lord They Try To Figur How To Make Money Because They Trust In The Doller To
    Get Them What They Want Not God U Remember What Sticky Said On That One Song
    (im More Powerful Then God Amazingly Cuz When U Pray To God U Pray For Me)
    Or Something Like That Well That Is So Close To The Truth Now I Am Not Saying Money Is More Powerful Then Gon No Never Nothing Has Is Or Ever Will Be But What I Am Saying Is People Worship Money Look At Churchs it Seems Like Most Of There Goals Is To Make Money Not Spread The Word Of God Look At DoctorS They
    Wont Help Anyone Unless The Price Is Right LOOK AT THE WAY BUSH IS TRYING TO TAKE OVER THE MIDEAST TO GET THE OIL SO HE CAN MAKE MORE MONEY Money Controlles This Evil World We Live In Today It Has For The Longest Of Time Since It First Came To Be They Aint Lieing When They Say The Love Of Money Is The Root Of All Evil Also I Agree With Blackwisdom Get Those Slave Owners Of Money I Mean If The American Doller Is A Symbo Of The U.s.a Then To Me The Goverment Is Honoring Slave Owners By Puting There Murders On Money And Don't Give Me That Bullshit About Four Fathers Fuck
    The Four Fathers I Mean My Brothers And Sisters Were Only Counted AT Like 1/3
    Human That Is Just My View

ALSO MONEY IS THE MAIN REASON THERE IS NO PEACE ANYWERE IN THE WORLD ONLY WAR

Veteran Member

I saw alw an order where God told a priest to kill a child molester or something and they argued how they could deny it in a court that said "In God we Trust."

Interesting point.

i love money.
    but that phrase was a good way starting controlled society from scratch.

Walk Like a Warrior blackwisdom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cd
    uh...BW...you're a marine......lol
    Freedom of speech is a beautiful thing, huh? .

I see where you're coming from though.

Hotep

"Read everything, listen to everybody, don't trust anything unless you can prove it with your research." - William "Bill" Cooper
    Myspace Libradio Prison Radio/Mumia Fourty-Two/Seven