Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is there a reason people dislike Immobilarity?

Veteran Member

How could anyone not like My Favorite Dred & Friday?

I was disappointed it wasn't flooded by Wu-Elements but I still think hat it was a solid hip hop album but I can see what yall are talkin about. His slang on this ablum cannot be denied however. IMO the album is a sleeper & may need to be revisted by some.Sneakers, Casablanca, Power, 100 Rounds, Jury, The Table, Yae Yo, Live from NYwere a few of my fav joints. However Real Life was my shit. To those that had boxes in their whips then know what Im talkin about.

Smash Yo Grilla!

Crackheads Beware !!!! GHOSTTOAST's Avatar

It should have ended after "The Table"...with that said Rae was at his apex lyrically..every verse he delivered was solid gold from a Wu and Hip Hop point of view...
    "Who shot tha duck out tha window" !!!!..Ghostface Killah

crushed out heavenly Ghost In The 'Lac's Avatar

probably because he didn't adlib ribbits like a frog through a coke rap

'

Quote Originally Posted by RADIOACTIVE MAN View Post
    Only 3 worthy tracks on this album to me
    Live from ny, the table,sneakers
    How could you not like Casablanca though? That's one of my all time favorite Rae tracks.

That intro was a waste of a good beat.

never disliked this album. but never was a big fan of Rae to, so this album always was ok/good for me.

subpar beats

lack of Clan involvement and cohesion

was such a drastic change from what we had been hearing and expecting at the time

Raekwon jumped the gun on the tight jeans trend
    "The skywalker, that be leapin' over planets"

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLE EYE View Post
    How could you not like Casablanca though? That's one of my all time favorite Rae tracks.
    Oh shit yeah, I forgot that

Someone also mentioned that he was at his lyrical apex,I totally agree...as a matter of fact..get the accapellas to this album and let credible producers remix it and u will have a winner

The album was shitted cus of beats. The lyrics were dope.
    Masta Killa's verse on "Table" always makes me ill. Love it much!!

"I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth" (Rev. 3:15-16)

Audio System/Diamond ShaolinDarts's Avatar

He took too big a step too soon by going it alone. He probably wasn't ready and didn't have the experience to go from being the creative force to actually overseeing the album.

I actually think CL2 is closer to Immobilarity than the original. CL2 is quite a long album, it kind of jumps between sounds (because of lots of producers) but he added Wu references into it so it worked better and he kind of succeeds in linking it better than he did with Immobilarity which was quite fragmented. In that respect Immobilarity was good for him to learn.
    That's why we do the do, just know who is who, acknowledge me all day, and understand Wu is Wu - Chef Raekwon

I'm hood ornaments, junkies win awards in my tournaments - Chef Raekwon

I gave it a 4/5, but there are some bad songs on there. Raw is bad, Power and Forecast are really bad.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaolinDarts View Post
    He took too big a step too soon by going it alone. He probably wasn't ready and didn't have the experience to go from being the creative force to actually overseeing the album.

I actually think CL2 is closer to Immobilarity than the original. CL2 is quite a long album, it kind of jumps between sounds (because of lots of producers) but he added Wu references into it so it worked better and he kind of succeeds in linking it better than he did with Immobilarity which was quite fragmented. In that respect Immobilarity was good for him to learn.
    Then explain Lex Diamonds lol

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
    Method Man

Wu-Tang Martial Expert

I also bought the album when it came out in the summer/fall 99' and I agree with a lot of people here is because it was lacking the sound people were expecting I think. People were expecting a Cuban Linx 2 or Ironman 2 with all RZA production, and a bunch of Ghostface and Cappa features but we didn't get that.

I think its kinda similar to the dissapointment ppl felt with Wu-Tang Forever.....Wu fans were expecting more of that dusty, 36 Chambers sound but instead RZA took us to a totally different chamber with the beats and lyrics...

I feel thats why Immobilarity gets shitted on.....but there are some dope tracks....Casablanca, The Table, Live from NY, Sneakers, etc.....

And Rae was def at his peak on this album lyrically......his slang on here is even better than Cuban Linx
    "A SPACE KNIGHT LIKE ROM, CONSUME PLANETS LIKE UNICRON, BLASTIN' PHOTON BOMBS FROM THE ARM LIKE GALVATRON......"

nada ignorante

Lyrically Rae is at the top of his game if u think otherwise thats just being dumb son.

My fav beat and song from the album:

N.I.