Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Popa Wu: Raekwon’s Issues Over Money Delaying Wu-Tang Clan Album

I'd argue that Wu as a collective hasn't survived without ODB.
    As for myself: I had come to the conclusion that there was nothing sacred about myself or any human being, that we were all machines, doomed to collide and collide and collide.
    - Kurt Vonnegut

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sosa View Post
    In 1999 you might have said something similar about ODB, that he was an integral part of the clans music. So no i don't think theres a difference.

Plus theres 9 members, over the course of an album, thats enough emcees to not matter if one isn't there.
    Lol, the difference is ODB wasn't on albums heavy because they couldn't get that nigga in the studio for forever, he wanted to fuck bitches and get high everyday, he was on iron vacation for the other two Lp 's
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow Dartz View Post
    Lol, the difference is ODB wasn't on albums heavy because they couldn't get that nigga in the studio for forever, he wanted to fuck bitches and get high everyday, he was on iron vacation for the other two Lp 's
    Why does the reason matter, the point is he wasn't on there and those albums wouldn't have been dramatically different had he contributed a few verses.

imo, dirty signing with roc upon his jail release was the beginning of the ending for dirt.....

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

Why does the reason matter, the point is he wasn't on there and those albums wouldn't have been dramatically different had he contributed a few verses.
    The difference is Rae contributes tons of verses on the wu albums, he's a top 3 mc on each album in terms of overall performance and verses. Stop clownin
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

ODB brings that entertainment factor in the albums.

If you look at Classic Tracks like Triumph and Its Yourz ,ODB doesn't drop a verse. So they can do classic material without him.

It sucks that hes not around but I'm sure RZA can sample past ODB tracks
    and incorporate them on the album somehow and make it flow.

I'd like to see Killah Priest feature on the Album.
    I feel that they should push KP more than Cap. thats just my 0.02 cents

courtesy of Bobby_Digital72

Non Ignorants

This old 'odb brings the entertainment' bullshit is what compromised their music. ODB didn't bring the entertainment, they all did on 36. There was no more implication that ODB was some type of gimmick or comic relief than there was for any of the members because the album has an anonymity to it. Later on they were using ODB as some type of gimmick as opposed to a legit rapper that holds his own, and even shits on most wu members. When I first heard 36 chambers my thought was 'why are they all trying to sound like ODB'.

Dirty has songs where he shuts down each wu member, and had the most presence in the grou. What was 'funny' about mystery of shadow boxing or 7th chamber? the only funny thing dirty did was shame on a nigga, but chef was on it too.

The difference is Rae contributes tons of verses on the wu albums, he's a top 3 mc on each album in terms of overall performance and verses. Stop clownin
    Who cares. Fuck him.

I'll even raise the same point again, before you heard a Wu album without ODB you wouldn't have wanted one of those either. ODB presence is bigger based on him having more personality than the rest of them. Rae sucks for the last few years, stop fighting me.

SHAOLIN STUDENT

Obd bring a special spice to the wu shit. He was unique ! All my friends who aren't wu stans but appreciated some wu shit loved him. Yeah he is not the best mc of the clan but he was irreplaceable and his energy has concrete repercussions on the wu albums. Wu without ODB is not the wu. Like Meth he was a superstar. Rza knew that this is why the two first wu solos were "Tical" and "Return to 36 chambers". Gza he allowed wu to enter "intellectuals" mind. Rae ? I don't like this faggot. Like each member he brings something to the group but I do think the indispensable members are Rza, Gza, Odb, Meth and Ghost. Wu is based on all in together now and Meth and Ghost. OBCL is not a Rae album that is a RAGU feat WU album (RZA production . A wu album without Rae, why not ? Just let the best wu fam mcs shine on the album. Killah Priest, Timbo King, Streelife, Shyheim, Killa Sin etc...

I cant believe some of the comments smh.

Niggas is that thirsty for a Wu album that they want to hear it without Rae??!

I woulnt even bother. Rae has some of the best verses and most important verses on all of the wu's group albums. Themalbum will just not feel rightnwithout Rae on it. Even if the beats are banging (which i am scared of hearing). RZA is on some wack shit lately, with the exception of that Talib Kweli beat.

Even if it comes out next year, I will wait for the album RZA intended it to be.

Terry Cloth Rudolph Joint Sky Blue Bally Kid's Avatar

Thing is, it doesn't really matter who's rapping on this this album. RZA already said he will be going for a live musicians approach on this one, so the album will get shit on plenty here for that reason alone!

When I'm writing in my room

It's like a child that's fighting in the womb

- KP -

shaolin shadowboxer Frank Drebin's Avatar

Wu form like Voltron and Raekwons the butthole.

Hahahaha
    Quote Originally Posted by SATAN View Post
    Allah is my bitch
    Quote Originally Posted by Methodman View Post
    Can’t stand Cilvaringz, by the way.... It’s never us coming with the gimmicks. It’s always on the outside, a "B" Wu guy or somebody like that coming with some crap that’s just so gimmicky. It makes you scratch your head and say, ‘Why Wu-Tang?’ when it’s not Wu-Tang.
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    That's a guy in those pictures who's a woman?

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Blue Bally Kid View Post
    Thing is, it doesn't really matter who's rapping on this this album. RZA already said he will be going for a live musicians approach on this one, so the album will get shit on plenty here for that reason alone!

I'm With Sosa about Giving KP some spots on that album!

I'm not surprised Rae is acting the way he is
    Wu always had problems when it came down to $$

and yea RZA will find a way to screw the album up.
    Don't get me wrong I give him credit for trying to think out of the box and evolve as a producer. But lately it hasn't been working for him.
    RZA needs to get back to the grimey beats.
    If ASAP Mobb can put out a track like Trillmatic, RZA can definitely drop
    some classic vintage ish.

cheers
    Last edited by chiba; 01-21-2014 at 09:46 PM.

courtesy of Bobby_Digital72

Non Ignorants