Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: My rants about movies. Come in an enjoy my idiotic posts.

Quote Originally Posted by bobby_digital72 View Post
    lmfao!!

PRODIGAL SUN

Not to throw off this amazing thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Barry View Post
    I didn't even know Kevin Costner was still acting. Last movie I remember him in was Waterworld. Dances with Wolves is that shit though.
    Open Range, Mr. Brooks, and Hatfields & McCoys (TV Mini-Series) were decent.

SHAKA ZULU BOBO SHANTI NYABINGHI MAN A MAU MAU WARRIOR

lmfao @ white and dangerous thread being merged here
    We do it for the people.

PRODIGAL SUN

I finally decided to give this movie a go after seeing you recommend this movie in every thread. I tried to go into it with an open-mind but all Jason Statham movies are the same to me. I thought I was finally going to get through one of his movies without a car chase and wham they got me with 10-minutes to go. I like action movies as much as you do but do they really have to overdue the explosions like The Expendables. The scenes had some really good sets but they over did the special effects. I wish they would make the action more gritty like the Mud shootout scene or "Killing Season" comes to mind recently and not so one-sided for the star.

James Franco had some average-to-terrible dialogue swearing every other line. He was alright but like most of the actors I blame the script. Kate Bosworth attitude switch halfway through the movie was like she was bi-polar and not convincing at all. Winona Ryder character development was terrible. What was up with that 5-second sex scene with Franco on the hood of the car? The editing was choppy. The sheriff, Clancy Brown, I don't remember seeing since "Shawshank Redemption" but I guess I've seen him in "The Hurricane" and "Dead Man Walking" as a cop as well. He's sure aging.

I've enjoyed some of the movies by this director but I have never rated anything of his over a 7. I'm kind of surprised this wasn't straight to DVD but I guess the big names attached to it paved the way to the theater.

5/10
    Last edited by madchild; 02-26-2014 at 12:13 AM.

PRODIGAL SUN

Why are threads on specific movies disappearing and being merged?

Someone other than CJ posted a review about "American Hustle" and I was going to read it before watching the flick tonight and it's gone.

Are U aware I ban @ will? MASTER PAI MEI's Avatar

It was mine it here see look

-

Madchild, i liked Jason Statham's Homefront. So i don't care what you think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.