Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm legitimately a fan of Riff Raff's music

Default I'm legitimately a fan of Riff Raff's music

I'm not even being ironic. I think the guy is ahead of his time and doesn't take himself seriously enough for hip hop (unfortunately). Honestly I think most golden age rappers would get shit on today but hip hop heads if they debut in this era because people take this shit way too seriously. Wutang would be the first to get shit on. Anyways yeah. I think he's good.

I think a lot of good hip hop today is shit because it has no humor. Most people will tell you that the humor on 36 chambers is what drew them in. Oddly enough, the average 36 chambers lyric is goofier than the average Riff Raff lyric. People out of the blue just decided it was all serious and deep and shit when it wasn't.

Action Bronson fits in the same category.

Wu-Tang might have had some goofy lyrics but they also had songs to let you know they were serious too.

I haven't heard one serious Riff Raff song, hes undoubtedly in the comedy/music genre.

Hes good though, and i think he may keep evolving as his career progresses.

yeah but when you really think about it. He doesn't say anything to be funny when he's rapping, it's just funny because he himself is naturally funny. He's just rapping about normal versace shit. He could eat a bowl of cereal and it's funny, idk if he can help it.

dude makes really good songs.

personal favorite ^. Him and bronson need to do a collab album, i thought they were a duo for a minute actually. I think people think they're joking because they're not overtly serious like 90% of rappers. I don't hear anything they're saying that's a joke. Some of it is funny, but it's normal rap shit

of course not saying everyone has to like riff raff or whatever.
    Last edited by TSA; 02-17-2014 at 10:01 PM.

It's not really about being funny or serious to me, it's just that dude can't rap at all.

Quote Originally Posted by TSA View Post
    Action Bronson fits in the same category.
    ..but Bronson can rap though.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones
    I didn't like it because of the beats.

Predictable? How?

but yeah Riff 'technically' can't rap, but he's ill lol

he can't rap but still I rather listen to him than most of the scene nowadays

Quote Originally Posted by TSA View Post
    Predictable? How?

A lot of times, maybe not always he just raps about different nationality bitches, food in a slow flow and thats about it. Plus he sounds like Ghostface, once you hear him a lot you don't notice as much but i don't want to hear him a lot.

I don't see from a technical point theres much difference between Riff and Bronson except Riff is more of a weirdo.

What makes Riff Raff great is that he's definitely aware of how ridiculous he is. Ghostface says a lot of weird and funny things in his songs but in interviews he's disappointingly pretty serious( except those great PSAs he did a while back, those were totally self aware). Self awareness is something that's missing from a lot rappers which ends up making them look more immature actually.
    This is a snippet from a short article Rolling Stone did about Riff Raff.

"After a few minutes, he springs to his feet. "Can you do me a favor? I’m gonna get clean, get dressed. Can you get my car washed?" He hands me the Panamera’s matte-black fob. "Make them clean the outside, quick vacuum inside, put the Armor All shit on the tires, and make sure they clean in between the rims. And I know how much money's in the console," he adds.

In the car, there is nothing in the console but a one-dollar bill and an empty condom wrapper."
    As for myself: I had come to the conclusion that there was nothing sacred about myself or any human being, that we were all machines, doomed to collide and collide and collide.
    - Kurt Vonnegut

first off.....

bronson >>>>>>>>>>>> this clown ass riff raff.

slow flow bronson = fuckin around. but make no mistake, when he gets serious he is one of the few elite east coast mcs currently spittin.

and riff raff is just a reality show contestant who made wack video after wack video until people got brainwashed into thinking, "you know, hes not that bad." or they think," this wack clown funny as fuck."

but nobody thinks hes actually talented.

plus he calls random chicks to jack off in front of. thats just weird. i mean, get a handjob or a blowjob you no game havin fake ass cracker.

http://thedirty.com/2013/08/exclusiv...g-nude-images/
    "Fuck Wu Tang Corp" - The GZA/Genius

https://soundcloud.com/gptent/tito-lo-blak-hell

DuncanHine Monument Cakes CEITEDMOFO's Avatar

I THINK ACTION IS THE BIGGER HEART THROB, BUT RIFF RAFF IS STILL A SEVENTEEN MAG HEARTTHROb

By hating on riff you're falling for his act.

Underneath his image, he's just a regular weird white cracker who likes drugs. Most of us white dudes have been like that at some point. You aint meant to take him serious or respect him as a rapper.

He spits lyrical dope constructed to take your mind on a mad hatter journey. Either listen to it or dont, makes no difference to riff or anyone else.

^ still my fave Riff track since I discovered this wacko jacko