Thread: Do Ya'll Think Lebron Could've Won Championships With Cleveland?

-

Default Do Ya'll Think Lebron Could've Won Championships With Cleveland?

I was talking to two black guys today that work for trash company and we were talking about Lebron and i said that he had a good supporting cast with Cleveland and it's possible he could've won some championships there. They disagreed with me and said Lebron has better teammates with Miami and i said just because 3 superstars get together doesn't mean they're gonna win championships. I know they've won 2 championships but who knows if they'll win anymore. I think Lebron should've been patient and stayed with Cleveland because he had some good teammates like Mo Williams, Delonte West, JJ Hickson, Damon Jones, Zydrunas Ilgauskas, Daniel Gibson. Do ya'll know who else was on those Cleveland teams when he was there? I remember they went to the finals in 2007 when they lost to the Spurs. Lebron wouldn't have gotten to the finals that year in Cleveland if those teammates i said wasn't there. I also told the black guys that my dad told me that the Lakers in the 70's had Wilt Chamberlain, Jerry West, Elgin Baylor and they didn't win championships. To win championships, teams have to have at least 2 star players and a good supporting cast.

Look at the Bulls when they were winning championships. Michael Jordan and Scottie Pippen were the stars and they had good teammates. But then sometimes you can have a good team win championships without superstars like Detroit when they won in 2004 with Chauncey Billups, Richard Hamilton, Ben Wallace, Rasheed Wallace, Tayshaun Prince. Even though Detroit won one championship that year, they went to the finals the next year and lost to the Spurs. Spurs are also a exception because Tim Duncan was their only star player when they won their championships because when David Robinson won 2 with Tim, David wasn't as good as he used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.

1. The people James played with in Cleveland sucked.

2. James is playing with Wade, Bosh, Ray Allen, Shane Battier and Mario Chalmers; playing with those players are light years better than the ones he had in Cleveland.

3. The Bulls Has Rodman too.

4. The Spurs had Bruce Bowen, Manu Ginobili, Robert Horry, and Tony Parker who is a star.

5. The Cavs owner just sucks, and that's why Irving will leave too.

Lebron had one of the best supporting casts of all time in Miami when they won championships. I don't think Lebron would have won a championship in Cleveland, but other players probably would have in his place, like Jordan or Hakeem. There were some all stars on that Cavs team Lebron played on, and they had more all stars on their team than Hakeem had on his side when the Rockets beat the Knicks in the finals.

-

Hectis, what you said about the Cavs owner is stupid. He doesn't suck. He put together some good teammates around Lebron when he was there and that's why Cleveland was good for several years and made the eastern conference finals playoffs and went to the finals in 2007 which was the first time in the team's history that they had been to the finals. I agree with Check Two that if Michael Jordan or Akeem Olajuwon had been in Cleveland and had the teammates Lebron had, they probably would've won some championships.

The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.

shaolin shadowboxer Frank Drebin's Avatar

I was talking to two black guys today that work for trash company
    Oh fuck that's immoderately funny to me.

Lebron is not the best scorer, is not the best rebounder, is not the best passer, not the best shooter, not the best defender, is definitely not clutch, actually not the best at anything in the nba except raking up stats. He wouldn't have won a championship without surrounding himself with an amazing supporting cast, and even that didn't work the first time around when Dirk schooled them. If he had stayed in cleveland he would have struggled to win a championship I think he was really scared on the court thats why he surrounded himself with other good players so hopefully he could hide away (like every time the games on the line). Some people hate Kobe (I think hes top5 all time) but he takes sole responsibility for the teams result when the game is on the line either right or wrong, as did jordan, magic, bird and other greats
    Quote Originally Posted by SATAN View Post
    Allah is my bitch
    Quote Originally Posted by Methodman View Post
    Can’t stand Cilvaringz, by the way.... It’s never us coming with the gimmicks. It’s always on the outside, a "B" Wu guy or somebody like that coming with some crap that’s just so gimmicky. It makes you scratch your head and say, ‘Why Wu-Tang?’ when it’s not Wu-Tang.
    That's a guy in those pictures who's a woman?

PRODIGAL SUN

I find it a bit more respectable when teams win championships through the draft. Sure, you can't help/stop building up your team with Free Agency players.

I don't follow basketball much but I don't understand how the league could step in on the Chris Paul-Pau Gasol trade. Was it that lope-sided of a deal, is that why? Free Agency is what it is.

-

Ol Dirty Abbot, you do make some good points. Lebron was scared when he was in Cleveland to take the game winning shots and like you said, he had to get with some other star players to get championships because he was afraid to try to get championships by himself. I think he could've got a couple championships with Cleveland if he would've stayed because they were getting close. What's funny about me talking to black guys that work for trash company? Somebody has to do that work and i worked for a trash company before but i'm glad i quit.

shaolin shadowboxer Frank Drebin's Avatar

^^ No the job is not funny at all my man, every job has its own benefits and negatives and contributes to society in some way or another. I just found it funny how descriptive your story is
    Quote Originally Posted by SATAN View Post
    Allah is my bitch
    Quote Originally Posted by Methodman View Post
    Can’t stand Cilvaringz, by the way.... It’s never us coming with the gimmicks. It’s always on the outside, a "B" Wu guy or somebody like that coming with some crap that’s just so gimmicky. It makes you scratch your head and say, ‘Why Wu-Tang?’ when it’s not Wu-Tang.
    That's a guy in those pictures who's a woman?

-

I don't think Lebron is gonna get any championships with Cleveland anytime soon as long as the Warriors are playing good hahahahahahahahahahaha. If the Warriors and Cavs meet again in the finals this year, the Warriors will win LOL. Cavs got a weak bench and their defense isn't good.