Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 12 Reasons To BUY that soon to be classic album from GFK

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

Some Wu artists i like
    http://postimg.org/image/51ste2ryv/
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

Veteran Member

i wish the beggaz will release a new album but it won't happen smh

i keep listening to this track every day, pure fire

That's a classic.
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

'

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow Dartz View Post
    If it ain't Priest, Razah, or LA I'm not trying to hear no Killa Beez right now until the Cilvaringz albums drops.
    Those are the only 3 I've ever really checked for, although LA's shit is redundant at this point.

Killa Sin drops some sick fucking verses on this joint..

Quote Originally Posted by noel411 View Post
    I'll tell you what's really sad.

I've never heard this album but after seeing a thread like this I should now be interested in hearing it, only I'm not, because of how much so many people here ridiculously over-value every half decent release and throw around the word "classic" as if it's interchangeable with "acceptable". And Ghost fans are probably worse than anybody in this regard.

I read through the BPW reviews thread yesterday while I was having lunch, and it was truly fucking astonishing. Like seriously I couldn't comprehend it. Most you cunts are living in a complete fantasy world.

The fact that a few most likely level headed dudes are saying this album was average is enough to completely override all the hype and nullify any desire for me to hear it.
    Hype? Has this album even passed the 10.000 records sold?

The Brown Tape was average imo.

Peace CT

Great album. Beats, theme, guests were all on point. This and Czarface were 2 of the better Wu releases in ages. N I prefer this over Brown Tape as well. N I dont understand how somebody is on a Wu board but didnt listen to this album. Peace

PRODIGAL SUN

the album Is fire. but it sold decently the comic book is whats really slept on. I just finished collecting it. was fire as well.
    Unloyal Snakes get thrown in boilin Lakes Of Hot Oil

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLE EYE View Post
    Those are the only 3 I've ever really checked for, although LA's shit is redundant at this point.
    True indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFunkyDrummer View Post
    Hype? Has this album even passed the 10.000 records sold?
    This has sold way past 10,000 records, sold more than that the first week. Where were you?

im sure Keynote sold more than 10k right lol ? confirm this shit Hollz...?

Good album, great album, I bought it, but not a classic.

Ghost bars were a little too basic, like everyone said. He's snapped in storytelling raps so many times - Shakey Dog, Alex, Maxine. He wasn't doing that here. He was still GOOD. He just wasn't killing it like he usually does.

The beats from Adrian were fantastic. Carried the album.

It shocks me that Wu doesn't make more material with Adrian. And Bronze. All those Great Migration beats should've went to Clan Members.

Killa Sin shined on 12 Reasons. He still needs to put out a project while he's in his prime, if he ever gets tired of honeymooning in jail.
    Last edited by ShortyCoffeeStain; 02-26-2014 at 09:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow Dartz View Post
    True indeed.

This has sold way past 10,000 records, sold more than that the first week. Where were you?
    Ok, didn't expect that. Still I think the word hyped is misplaced here.

FRESH FISH

Quote Originally Posted by noel411 View Post
    I'll tell you what's really sad.

I've never heard this album but after seeing a thread like this I should now be interested in hearing it, only I'm not, because of how much so many people here ridiculously over-value every half decent release and throw around the word "classic" as if it's interchangeable with "acceptable". And Ghost fans are probably worse than anybody in this regard.

I read through the BPW reviews thread yesterday while I was having lunch, and it was truly fucking astonishing. Like seriously I couldn't comprehend it. Most you cunts are living in a complete fantasy world.

The fact that a few most likely level headed dudes are saying this album was average is enough to completely override all the hype and nullify any desire for me to hear it.
    Shut up you stupid twat.

Quote Originally Posted by Dissonance View Post
    Shut up you stupid twat.
    What the fuck did you just say to me? Who the fuck do you think you are, you fucking cunt? Why don't you say that shit to my face, pussy? Come on, punk. Put your fucking money where your mouth is, you fucken cocksucker. What?! My address is 31 Bent St, Forster NSW. If you wanna meet up and say that shit to my face I'll be there. Or you give me your address and I'll fly over there so we can sort this shit out. Fucken bitch made pussy.

Oh yeah, and suck this drunk alcohol dique...

^da fuck?! Dats a joke right?

Beats on this album were amazing but Ghosts performance was really mediocre IMO one of his worst performances on an album and it's a shame coz it's da best album full of beats any Wu member has got n fuckin years, shit feels like an album n plays like one which is something u can't say bout any Wu album from da last 10 years, most just feel like compilations. And the concept was dope. Ghost was just boring as fuck on this.

And Big Doe Rehab was dope as fuck IMO, never understood y people always mention that as 1 of his worst, "Yolanda's House", "Walk Around", "Yapp City" etc shit is gutter