Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Wu-Tang Clan - A better tomorrow .. June 10th 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Galvatron97 View Post
    Rae is talkin outta both sides of his ass....first its about the money and business side, and then its "oh he aint feelin the beats"....

Luz is right in the fact that the album is called "A Better Tomorrow" and therefore its seems its gonna have a positive type vibe, which is refreshing. Rae just needs to get off his coke raps and mafioso shit for a minute and spit some shit like he did on "The Table" or "Rainy Dayz remix" and tracks like that....

He IS right in the fact that they shoulda been all in the studio together recording like they used to.....not this emailed or sent in verses and bullshit like that. IF you know you doing a true Clan album, which is your bread and butter, and what your legacy is most likely going to be judged on, then I'll be DAMN sure I clear my schedule for a damn whole month to record a classic and build with my brothers with some good weed and Patron!!
    I don't think they did email/sent verses, RZA just got them in the studio when he could not all at the same time.

I agree Rae can't be like 'its the money no its the beats'. Its one or the other. Would you do it without the advance if the beats were dope? Would you do it with wack beats and an advance?

Wu-Tang Martial Expert

Well it seems that Rae (and to a certain extent Ghost) are the ones who always have an issue.....its like just put your egos to the side for a second and come together for a common cause like you used to.......what happened to ride or die for your brothers?

That is why I respect Meth and Deck and they are my favorites in the Clan....bc no matter what, they are always there....money or not....whatever....they ride for that W symbol.....recording verses when other dudes are busy bitching about money and beats.....nigga just stfu and spit some hot 16's.....
    "A SPACE KNIGHT LIKE ROM, CONSUME PLANETS LIKE UNICRON, BLASTIN' PHOTON BOMBS FROM THE ARM LIKE GALVATRON......"

Veteran Member

^^^ Not to mention Meth has always been the most commercially successful of the Clan but he still hungry.
    Ghostface on 50 Cent:
    "Yo, this ape needs to stop injecting himself with them stroiods. He's acting up, he better chill out before New York puts his ass on the bench."
    Ghostface on Eminem:
    "That pilgrim needs to back off. He ain't got no street cred, thats my word."

Veteran Member

yes and not

Quote Originally Posted by silent_whistler_uk View Post
    I havent seen the interview, however rae does make a good point. I remember reading an interview about when RZA worked on a Kanye west single and how he praised yeezy on his will to get his crew together to record a track and that it reminded the abbott of how the clan work ethic used to be.

Several members of the clan cite their busy doing other things so they cant physically all get together and do an album. When you send in tracks rather than actually do them in the studio you automatically loose that vibe/energy created by a group who once took it to another level.

8D was a flop because of this and so will the new album.

The clan had their time and they will never be forgotten.

That's bullshit that lazy wu memnbers keep pushing on people to make them think there's a reason.

How can wutang not be able to meet and assemble but Maybach Music, all full of relevent artists that are in high demand and have well documented side businesses, can meet and do a MIXTAPE without a hitch? How can ASAP mobb be constantly seen together and work as a unit when their albums are still in demand by hip hop fans?

What exactly is Gza, MK, Deck, Methodman, Ghost, Ugod, Mastakilla, and rae up to that they can't meet for a week unless and external entity puts them together like a music festival or tour promoter?

Of all members it's honestly only Rza that's busy and may not control his schedule. Rae has his own 'record label' that has released 1 artist (rae) in 5 years, meanwhile the average rapper drops records 700 songs a year does all their own business themselves and have no problems meeting with crew members to do anything what so ever
    Last edited by TSA; 03-01-2014 at 02:13 PM.

Lol he actually released a CNN album 5 years ago, but thats it. How can he say he runs a record label if all he does is self release a Rae album every 2 or 3 years?

Greedy fatboy.

exactly, i have no clue what he means by running a lable. None of his artists' are doing anything what so ever, and he's always available when non wu members need him for features and appearances. I just think wu tang is full of a lot of jealousy. I remember when Meth was the bad guy cause his career was booming, now it's Rza and 'the owners'.

Anyways i'm not excited for the album. They all sound radically different and for the worst except Meth and Ugod, Rza beats suck now and he's been to far from hip hop for too long to be able to make good music in it (though he thinks infusing genres that nobody cares about will help).

In this day and age it has been proven that you can shoot 7 videos in 7 days and make 730 songs in a year, so I really don't know what's holding these essentially jobless men from making 15 songs and a video.

I can understand Rae , this money thing bla bla he said he wants things to be done right and i believe him.
    He didnt feel it with 8 diagrams .. and i think the feelings not changed.
    RZAs is probably the only one responsable for the production.
    So if he dont feel it like with 8 Diagrams, the outcome is probably the same.
    In the end everybody wants the album to be like high level not average

So i hope they do sit this out and listen to eachother work together with the same mind set

SHAOLIN STUDENT

Quote Originally Posted by TSA View Post
    exactly, i have no clue what he means by running a lable. None of his artists' are doing anything what so ever, and he's always available when non wu members need him for features and appearances. I just think wu tang is full of a lot of jealousy. I remember when Meth was the bad guy cause his career was booming, now it's Rza and 'the owners'.

Anyways i'm not excited for the album. They all sound radically different and for the worst except Meth and Ugod, Rza beats suck now and he's been to far from hip hop for too long to be able to make good music in it (though he thinks infusing genres that nobody cares about will help).

In this day and age it has been proven that you can shoot 7 videos in 7 days and make 730 songs in a year, so I really don't know what's holding these essentially jobless men from making 15 songs and a video.

But Rza worked hard to become what he is today. The guy worked hard to launch the whole wu shit. So where were faggots like Rae ? Without Only Built who would respect this faggot ? Even if I hate what he has become Robert Diggs deserves his fame and his fortune. I remember when wu members sabotaged the tour with rage against the machine because they were too lazy or stupid to understand what's going on. Stupid motherfucka like Rae are still in the ghetto when Robert Diggs knows what time it is.
    Yeah Robert Diggs beats suck today and I don't know if the new album will be good. We shall see

I don't get that RZA changed. Hes always been obsessed with movies and hes always been an experimental musician.

^seriously lol. The guy has always been a huge movie nerd, wutang was founded on his passion for everything he's doing now. I dont think any of them 'changed', they just got older.

If Rae wants to be a business man he needs to be humble. He wants to do with Ice water what wutang did with Wutang, Grave Diggaz, countless Killa bee groups and his own career, so why would you keep a distance from the guy? The whole 'we have to get paid' thing is just stupid and short sighted. You get some money, you buy some cute shit or whatever your heart wants and then what? The knowledge to pull off the very project that got you that money has been proven time and time again to be in one person's hand, why not shut up and use it as an opportunity to learn?

I would like to meet Rza on the strength of business and organizational advice alone. Rza is very rare in music in that here's somebody that took this hodge podge of shit he was interested in and built a profitable brand out of it when it's completely unrelated. The man should be giving lectures and chef wants a knick nack check for some hair cuts?

Business isn't about money it's about expanding.

also i have nothing against rza as a creator, i just don't like his beat style, but that's fine, of the 100 things he offers hip hop that's just one thing.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by ShaDynasty View Post
    RZA s always been an experimental musician.
    DigiDigi snax

Ya'll cats need to listen to Rae's side before you pass judgement. You're clearly criticizing him for stuff that is contrary to what he actually said. Go look at the interview. They asked him what the problem was and he said there were lots of problems. He admitted that money and business was a problem, but he also said he didn't think the way things were being handled were best for producing what could be their final album. Why does it have to be either or? Why can't he have a problem with both?

And why are people acting like Rae doesn't have a right to complain about the business side and hold out, when half the Clan has done so at some point. Are people forgetting that Ghost was barely in 8D for similar reasons?
    Emotions are for the weak, so I sold mine to the highest bidder.

Hello, everybody! DR. NICK RIVIERA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by digitalsouljah36 View Post
    ^^^ Not to mention Meth has always been the most commercially successful of the Clan but he still hungry.
    On the other hand he is in deep decline since 2002
    bring back begongo!!