Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: "No more excuses!" - Obama

Black people need to stop acting like all black people are fucking up and eating crack because it's making everyone that isn't fucking up and eating crack feel like they're alone in outer space. black entrepreneurship is at an all time high, the black drop-out rate is at 8.1%, and black women led all groups in college enrollment

but I'm still not 100% sure that if i show excitement near police i won't get shot. It really doesn't matter what choices anyone makes,white people are still going to be white and afraid of black people. All black people can do is continue being human and strategize better for themselves.

-

I can't believe it. TSA finally says something i agree with.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.

Quote Originally Posted by Face of the Golden Falcon View Post
    You can't help people in a system that is designed to keep them where they are. It is in Obama's owners interests to keep poor people poor, no matter what race they are. His words are hollow, designed to satiate peoples superficiality.

Ironman you say he's not talking smack then in the next breath you say it's the same thing he said in 08. No bells ringing? What do you call a person who keeps saying something but never backs it up?

That's his job. He's a spell caster. People are so disempowered that so long as they hear the right words they will put up with anything.
    thank u

PRODIGAL SUN

{>____<}

Quote Originally Posted by TSA View Post
    Black people need to stop acting like all black people are fucking up and eating crack because it's making everyone that isn't fucking up and eating crack feel like they're alone in outer space. black entrepreneurship is at an all time high, the black drop-out rate is at 8.1%, and black women led all groups in college enrollment

but I'm still not 100% sure that if i show excitement near police i won't get shot. It really doesn't matter what choices anyone makes,white people are still going to be white and afraid of black people. All black people can do is continue being human and strategize better for themselves.

Yeah but 70% of African-American families are headed by women. Role Reversal.

Enrollment but not graduation. As I mentioned before, most of these colleges have good acceptance rates but as far as graduation rates go, it's just isn't the same. Why? Because they're making it difficult for people to finish, especially blacks, Hispanics, and Native Americans. Most drop out in their first semester because their home life and college life doesn't balance.

The powers that be want to kill Affirmative Action because, apparently, we don't need it and they're right.

I feel that American isn't as racist as it used to be. This is 2014. Everyone can achieve anything regardless of race.

You might think Obama is talking smack but he's got a point, though. Kids can't control their home life but they can decide what they want to be in life.

The problem with achieving dreams is that they tend to crumble; Therefore, this why it's so important to build mental strength because as a black man, people'll try to put them down even if they're on top of things.
    Loyalty is Royalty. Strength and Loyalty

The issue is that most 'talk' about the black community is typically 1 dimensional and retarded without any plan attached. I don't know how he was able to tie trayvon martin and jordan davis to black kids making bad choices because wtf? Is he implying that had they been 'better people' they would be alive? Was anyone of that 1 dimensional diatribe relevant to their deaths?

What makes you in your heart of hearts feel that black women aren't graduating? because you heard they were enrolling and have to counter it with something that fits the 'black people are fucking up at all corners' narrative you have in your own head.

They're graduating. Idk what sess pools you and charles jones dwell in but I've moved to Houston and the city is full of exceptionally attractive well educated black american women at every corner and they're all unanimously single. I live on the edge of the ghetto so if you go 4 blocks south there's a lot of ghetto bitches but they're really no different from the trailer bitches I used to see in nebraska. The difference is we're fixated on this very very very isolated ghetto population and use their life to define the entire black narrative when in all reality I haven't had a conversation with any of them because they're not relevant to the life of an upwardly mobile healthy american man.

This place is literally packed with exceptional black women. I'm talking to a 36 year old mechanical engineer that's fine as hell and single. At first I thought maybe she was crazy because it didn't make any sense but she's completely normal and in fact very bright. It's just that the entire country is convinced she doesn't exist so she's always going to get over looked. They're literally everywhere and this is my first exposure to a predominately black neighborhood that's not in africa.

So I really don't buy the whole 'every black man is a 23 year old 90s movie character in the ghetto, every black women is a 23 year old worldstar celebrity' narrative or any 'solutions' based on this 'problem' because the 'problem' isn't effective at the least 80% of actual black people.

America is just as racist as it ever was. I also don't know why you believe ever black women has a 'difficult home life' or why I'm the only black person on here that's met actual black people. The real issue is that no matter who you are as a black person your life story will be told with the assumption that you're 23 struggling more than par and poor. This effects your encounters with other black people, non black people, the professional world, authorities and the courts and until dick and balls dumb basement dwellers like your self stop promoting and propagating nobody else is going to stop.
    Black idiot mother fuckers are the problem because whenever they're asked come come around and speak about black people, they'll all be rich and all be talking about how black people are poor.

The bottom line is obama is using the death of two innocent kids to tell the rest of black young america that they're not innocent.

Sometimes it can be hard to see the reality of the black situation in America through the smokescreen of the entertainment industry. What I mean is that with the media, and hollywood, and the music industry, protraying black americans in a certain light the reality of the black situation is obscured. At least that has been my personal experience.

I actually found T.S.A's post refreshing because it more realistic than the position that most people take on the matter.

{>____<}

Quote Originally Posted by TSA View Post
    America is just as racist as it ever was. I also don't know why you believe ever black women has a 'difficult home life' or why I'm the only black person on here that's met actual black people. The real issue is that no matter who you are as a black person your life story will be told with the assumption that you're 23 struggling more than par and poor. This effects your encounters with other black people, non black people, the professional world, authorities and the courts and until dick and balls dumb basement dwellers like your self stop promoting and propagating nobody else is going to stop.
    Black idiot mother fuckers are the problem because whenever they're asked come come around and speak about black people, they'll all be rich and all be talking about how black people are poor.

The bottom line is obama is using the death of two innocent kids to tell the rest of black young america that they're not innocent.
    I never said that they're graduating more than black men in terms of advanced degrees.. Of course they are, TSA. (I live in Michigan so it's a lot tougher here) All I'm stating is that there needs to be more support and resources. The women possess some of these resources and the men lack a few of them.

I do agree that Obama's "Pick yourself up by your own shoe straps" rhetoric isn't the correct approach. One can't expect individuals to pull themselves up in an environment that has no respect and lacks leadership.

That's the purpose of "Brother's keeper" program: To offer guidance, leadership, advice, etc. Not to young black men but to everyone.

-

TSA, your opinion means nothing to me. It'll always be a struggle for black men to get jobs because white men are still racist towards them. Even if black men got a college degree and were looking for a job, they still gotta struggle to find a job because they're black. When black men do get a job, what they need to do is stop acting ignorant like dissing good black men because they aren't ignorant, coming to work late, not doing that much work and being lazy. That's why i refuse to work with a lot of black men because i've had several bad experiences with them at my previous jobs because they've dissed me. I like the job i have now because there's only 3 other black men besides me and they aren't ignorant. Yes i know there's a lot of educated black men that have jobs but there's more black women working than black men because there's a lot of black men that are in prison and dead at a young age. Like Chuck D of Public Enemy said, the joint is packed back to back with blacks LOL. Full of brothers doing a bid who did something but did not think. I'm lucky that i got 2 jobs and i don't give a shit about these idiots on here like Food For Thought dissing me because i'm a janitor.

Somebody has to do that work and when you don't have any job skills for the jobs that pay good, you're gonna have to do work that you don't wanna do which is my situation. I didn't go to college because i don't like school and there's nothing wrong with saying that. There's a lot of black men that don't like school because they don't like studying and doing homework. That's why a lot of them drop outta high school and some drop outta college. Then they become criminals, rappers, NBA players, NFL players because they figure those are the only ways to make a lot of money when you're having a hard time trying to get a job.

The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.

Quote Originally Posted by diggy View Post
    Show me ONE human being who does not need help in anything and does everything all by his self!!!

{>____<}

When black men do get a job, what they need to do is stop acting ignorant like dissing good black men because they aren't ignorant, coming to work late, not doing that much work and being lazy. That's why i refuse to work with a lot of black men because i've had several bad experiences with them at my previous jobs because they've dissed me.

Charles, seriously? You realize that it's not all of us, right?

You can't say that you refuse to work with your know because of a few bad experiences.

Note: I'm not talking to charles I'm taking at him and don't care about your response.

Charles, you're posting every day about black men not having jobs.
    You're a black man.
    You have job
    You had two jobs at one point

I have a job
    Style has a job
    Ironman (i think) has a job
    every single black man on this site has a job. Every single black man you know has a job is in in between jobs

so who the fuck are you talking about anymore? All of these childish 'assessments' of the 'black community' are literally based off the assumption that being black in America is living in a rap video.

I'm not saying things a perfect for black people, but what does anything you posted have to do with your OWN life?

the black community = 17 million rich or middle class people discussing the issues of 3 million working to underclass people.
    Last edited by TSA; 03-08-2014 at 02:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by IrOnMaN View Post
    I never said that they're graduating more than black men in terms of advanced degrees.. Of course they are, TSA. (I live in Michigan so it's a lot tougher here) All I'm stating is that there needs to be more support and resources. The women possess some of these resources and the men lack a few of them.

I do agree that Obama's "Pick yourself up by your own shoe straps" rhetoric isn't the correct approach. One can't expect individuals to pull themselves up in an environment that has no respect and lacks leadership.

That's the purpose of "Brother's keeper" program: To offer guidance, leadership, advice, etc. Not to young black men but to everyone.
    the men don't lack shit. What do you lack? what do i lack? can we talk about actual living breathing black people and not notions of black people. I don't know your specific situation but you're an employable college educated man, so what and who are you talking about? I'm tired of black equating these ghettos that are literally 4 blocks each. or housing projects that are literally 2 4 buildings at max. Why do these things define the back experience?

every black person in american thinks black people are poor except themselves.
    90% of black people have stories of being accused of acting white, so wtf and who the fuck is black?

We are literally using the narrative of, at most, 14% of our population to tell our own life story when we know damn well none of it has anything to do with us.

Let's talk about real shit. Student load debt, credit, home ownership, low marriage frequency, diabetes, lack of lobbying power at all tiers of government and high blood pressure. Not drugs none of us have ever seen, and neighborhoods none of us have ever lived it.

Lets talk about stuff that pertains to actual people and not just fuck ups.