Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "No more excuses!" - Obama

{>____<}

Exclamation "No more excuses!" - Obama

(CNN) - In a moving and heartfelt message Thursday, President Barack Obama challenged young minority men to make good choices.

"Part of our message in this initiative is 'no excuses'. Government and private sector and philanthropy and all the faith communities, we have the responsibility to provide you the tools you need," he said at a White House event.

"We need to help you knock down some of the barriers that you experience," he continued. "That's what we are here for but you have responsibilities too."

The message was part of his new initiative called "My Brother's Keeper," where leading foundations and businesses will donate at least $200 million over five years towards programs aimed at minority youth of color.

"This is as important as any issue that I work on. It's an issue that goes to the very heart of why I ran for President because if America stands for anything, it stands for the opportunity for everybody – the notion of no matter who you are or where you came from of the circumstances under which you were born – if you work hard, if you take responsibility then you can make it in this country," he said.

A White House official said Obama improvised a good portion of his remarks and was more emotional than many planners of the event anticipated.

Those who participated in a White House meeting Thursday about the new program included NBA legend Magic Johnson, former Mayor Michael Bloomberg, former Secretary of State Colin Powell, and Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel.

James Adams, 19, was also at the White House Thursday.

"Every morning when I was in school I'd put on my vest, coat and go to school," he told CNN.

It wasn't a fancy, fashionable vest. It was bullet proof, and he said it was a part of his daily morning routine.

"It's hard. Sometimes I might take a different route home depending on time of day when I know gang-bangers are outside" he said.

It is the rough-and-tumble existence for many young black men like Adams all over the country where the street life of crime, violence and dropping out of school has become a reality.

And it is the polar opposite of the man that is the leader of the free world and resides at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.

The administration says this initiative is a lifelong goal for Obama, even after he leaves office.

"What I explained to them was I had issues too when I was their age," Obama said last year. "I just had an environment that was a little more forgiving, so when I screwed up, the consequences weren't as high as when kids on the South Side screw up."

In his announcement Thursday, Obama also talked about marijuana. He said he "got high" when he was younger - an admission he's referenced multiple times since taking office and he describes in his memoir "Dreams of My Father."

"I didn't have a dad in the house. And I was angry about it, even though I didn't necessarily realize it at the time. I made bad choices. I got high, not always thinking about the harm that it would do," he told a crowd at the White House.

Obama said in an interview with The New Yorker that, while he still viewed pot smoking negatively, the drug wasn't the social ill that it's been viewed as in the past, and that he didn't see marijuana as any more dangerous than alcohol.

The President's comments sparked headlines and continued calls by activists to reclassify marijuana as a less dangerous substance, but the White House said the administration does not plan to change their policy on marijuana laws.
    http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...per/?hpt=hp_t1

A race of men so low that we need "help"?
    Loyalty is Royalty. Strength and Loyalty

For some people the word 'excuse' is relevant for why they haven't made it, and for most others 'reason' is more appropriate.

How is everybody going to become rich and successful in America? How is it possible? Nobodys going to clean toilets or work in restaurants etc? If there were enough high paying jobs to go around people would have them already.

Basically Obama = Shit talker

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by IrOnMaN View Post
    http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...per/?hpt=hp_t1

A race of men so low that we need "help"?

Show me ONE human being who does not need help in anything and does everything all by his self!!!

{>____<}

Quote Originally Posted by diggy View Post
    Show me ONE human being who does not need help in anything and does everything all by his self!!!
    Of course no one can make something of themselves by themselves.

I said that because this isn't new. There have been many leaders and politicians who've established programs for minorties (blacks, Hispanics and Native Americans). Why is the black community still the same?

In regards to what Obama stated, I do agree that black men have the most hardest obstacles to overcome over any other race in America.

Obama understands this and he want to stop the cycle.

{>____<}

Quote Originally Posted by ShaDynasty View Post
    For some people the word 'excuse' is relevant for why they haven't made it, and for most others 'reason' is more appropriate.

How is everybody going to become rich and successful in America? How is it possible? Nobodys going to clean toilets or work in restaurants etc? If there were enough high paying jobs to go around people would have them already.

In this day and age, the "America Dream" is just a dream. I think Obama understands that not everybody can't "make it".

There are 316.5 million people in this country. The employment rate and college graduation rate is having a difficult time employing graduates because there aren't enough jobs to employ them in their field. Plus, companies are demanding impossible job requirements from recent graduates who can't meet them. So, college seek employment elsewhere.

For black people, it's worst due to a few reasons: We just don't have a strong network, no good businesses in our community.

I don't think Obama is talking smack. He understands and he's trying to help. The thing is he said the samething during 2008 and it's 2014.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by IrOnMaN View Post

I said that because this isn't new. There have been many leaders and politicians who've established programs for minorties (blacks, Hispanics and Native Americans). Why is the black community still the same?
    Please name those leaders, politicians and programs.

{>____<}

Quote Originally Posted by diggy View Post
    Please name those leaders, politicians and programs.
    I don't know of any major names but pastors, teachers, celebrities, etc have made programs for the betterment of minorities.

President Obama is a huge name. So, this will be important.

...born of a future war Face of the Golden Falcon's Avatar

You can't help people in a system that is designed to keep them where they are. It is in Obama's owners interests to keep poor people poor, no matter what race they are. His words are hollow, designed to satiate peoples superficiality.

Ironman you say he's not talking smack then in the next breath you say it's the same thing he said in 08. No bells ringing? What do you call a person who keeps saying something but never backs it up?

Quote Originally Posted by ShaDynasty View Post
    That's his job. He's a spell caster. People are so disempowered that so long as they hear the right words they will put up with anything.

Req Em Ab

...born of a future war Face of the Golden Falcon's Avatar

A White House official said Obama improvised a good portion of his remarks and was more emotional than many planners of the event anticipated.
    Look how they (CNN no less) put this sort of shit in there. Ohh Obama must be genuine. It was coming from the heart. How could anyone possibly think that he has anything less then the people's best interests at heart...

Req Em Ab

God Beside Me Guarded By Martyrs's Avatar
    Front Row Tickets |Watching The Apocalypse|

This shit makes me feel sick....

Quote Originally Posted by CNN View Post
    In a moving and heartfelt message Thursday,
    President Barack Obama challenged young minority men to make good choices.

Don't you see?
    Challenge them to make good choices?
    No great expectations for them - encouragement is needed:
    Like they're a bunch of delinquants.
    That's how you are being viewed?

"Part of our message in this initiative is 'no excuses'. Government and private sector and philanthropy and all the faith communities, we have the responsibility to provide you the tools you need," he said at a White House event.

Assembly Line Iraq.

"We need to help you knock down some of the barriers that you experience,"
    he continued. "That's what we are here for but you have responsibilities too."

Knock Down Barriers Like 911
    Responsibilities? hang on let me guess to your Country right?

The message was part of his new initiative called "My Brother's Keeper,"
    where leading foundations and businesses will donate at least $200 million
    over five years towards programs aimed at minority youth of color.

Really "My Brother's Keeper" get the fuck outta here with that bullshit.
    7 Represents The Completion
    Still using Colour to divide us.

"This is as important as any issue that I work on. It's an issue that goes to the very heart of why I ran for President because if America stands for anything, it stands for the opportunity for everybody – the notion of no matter who you are or where you came from of the circumstances under which you were born – if you work hard, if you take responsibility then you can make it in this country," he said.

Oh and if you're a Mason.
    And have been groomed your whole life for this "role"
    Invisible goals for people to reach.
    The United States isn't a Country.

Hahahaha stop just stop.
    The President isn't allowed to do this:
    Go look at J.F.K.

Like Golden Falcon said he don't give a fuck about you.

Those who participated in a White House meeting Thursday about the new program included NBA legend Magic Johnson, former Mayor Michael Bloomberg, former Secretary of State Colin Powell, and Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel.

Great more Masons! I'm sure this is for the best?
    This is just another Program The Machine has concocted
    To keep you thinking that "they" care.

James Adams, 19, was also at the White House Thursday.
    "Every morning when I was in school I'd put on my vest, coat and go to school,"
    he told CNN.

It wasn't a fancy, fashionable vest. It was bullet proof, and he said it was a part of his daily morning routine.

Probably be part of your future too.

"It's hard. Sometimes I might take a different route home depending on time of day
    when I know gang-bangers are outside" he said.

Pussy.

Seriously though....don't you see this smokescreen?

It is the rough-and-tumble existence for many young black men like Adams all over the country where the street life of crime, violence and dropping out of school
    has become a reality.

Yeah I'm sure it's only young black men.

And it is the polar opposite of the man that is the leader of the free world and resides at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.

"Leader Of The Free World" hahaha idiots.
    Nazi's believed Hitler was "The Leader Of The Free World" think about it.
    Who runs NASA now....
    And you notice how they had to put the "9" & "6" in there.
    Could have just said The President = all code.

The administration says this initiative is a lifelong goal for Obama,
    even after he leaves office.

Oh you mean like how Tony Blair is now the "The British Ambassador For Peace" ?
    Like I said, this shit makes me feel sick.

"What I explained to them was I had issues too when I was their age,"
    Obama said last year.
    "I just had an environment that was a little more forgiving, so when I screwed up,
    the consequences weren't as high as when kids on the South Side screw up."

Well thanks for "explaining" that?

In his announcement Thursday, Obama also talked about marijuana.
    He said he "got high" when he was younger an admission he's referenced multiple times since taking office and he describes in his memoir "Dreams of My Father."

The President used to Blaze....really?
    I guess we shouldn't be surprised he's the answer to the question that was George Bush.

"I didn't have a dad in the house. And I was angry about it, even though I didn't necessarily realize it at the time. I made bad choices.
    I got high, not always thinking about the harm that it would do,"
    he told a crowd at the White House.

But we sell cheep booze so it's all good!

Obama said in an interview with The New Yorker that, while he still viewed pot smoking negatively, the drug wasn't the social ill that it's been viewed as in the past, and that he didn't see marijuana as any more dangerous than alcohol.

Because it's not as bad as alcohol....
    And for that reason we will just keep things the way they are.

The President's comments sparked headlines and continued calls by activists to reclassify marijuana as a less dangerous substance, but the White House said the administration does not plan to change their policy on marijuana laws.

And people say The President is:

The Most Powerful Man In The World!

This just proves that the President is a puppet.

)Welcome To The Golden Age Of Saturn(
    Last edited by Guarded By Martyrs; 03-01-2014 at 02:58 PM.

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

"In a moving and heartfelt message Thursday, President Barack Obama challenged young minority men to make good choices."

Anyone peep the keyword yet? I'll give you 30 seconds.........ok times up.

MINORITY.

Minority does not mean BLACK, minorities in america ranges from asian, hispanic, etc....
    This is just the smokescreen, he's really ain't doing shit as usual. He has a few black men up there with him for imagery purposes, they'll be the last to collect anything (if any at all). He's saying what the dominant society wants to hear "Stop Making excuses" "Slavery has been over a long time ago". These are all phrases to please them. He knows there's an overall system in place. Cut the bullshit.
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

hollow, are you a Hebrew Israelite?

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by check two View Post
    hollow, are you a Hebrew Israelite?
    No, are you apart of the keystone state skinheads?
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

I think it's sad that Obama used the death of Trayvon and Jordan to self promote like this. After letting black people know that these situations can be aided if black people make better choices (?), he then announces that he is allocating what would amount to 80 dollars per black male in america under the age of 30 to help 'black kids' make 'good choices' and end poverty. Obama is a jackass. I only supported him because he's black so he's doing well as far as being a black, but sometimes black people need to assess information before taking it in.

black people don't need the government or it's faggot ass help but it would be nice to live in a country where we're under protection of the law, because as it stands, we're not.