Thread: Jungle Brothers - Crazy Wisdom Masters

Default Jungle Brothers - Crazy Wisdom Masters

I posted this here a long time ago I think, but I just reupped it for someone so I figured I'd post it here again. The J Beez Wit The Remedy album started as a much more experimental project called Crazy Wisdom Masters, a collaboration with Bill Laswell, David Williams ('sup Dave?) and MC Torture (now known as Sensational.) The album was rejected by Warner Bros. and ended up being reworked into the much tamer Remedy album. Apparently most of the original mixes have been lost, but four songs came out on a Wordsound 10" a couple of years ago. This is truly bugged-out shit, psychedelic in the extreme.

edit: new link
    http://sharebee.com/034ed44b
    Last edited by Memory Man; 03-27-2009 at 06:29 PM.

The Smell of The Future LORD NOSE's Avatar

i never heard the jungle brothers this way - sounds like they would have brought the art to a higher level with these if it were to come out way back then - there is so much unheard Hip Hop out there

bump

i got a few more crazy wisdom masters tracks.

http://sharebee.com/034ed44b

^^ could you re-up the first link again, it's dead.. mad props on this though!

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

all the files are included in this one.

oh ok, thx + rep.. gonna check it out in a minute, sounds really interesting.

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

word. this material is way ahead of it's time.

bumped for the sleepy

Waaaaaay ahead of its time.

Torture brought significant innovation into Hip Hop.

Last edited by Dark Matter; 05-02-2014 at 10:01 AM.

it's not a classic like its predecessor, but as stated it's WAY ahead of its time and it's a fucking cool album that defies labeling... i love a lot of it and its much better than that "Remedy" album they rerecorded it as. it's straight up fucking crazy, but it's so damn experimental i think it's best listened to over two different sittings imo haha.

would love to have a proper 2xLP release of this, hopefully some label manages to get a hold of this and decide to release it as a limited edition or something. deserves to be heard by more, such a brave LP - i wonder what drugs they were using on here. "It's the muthafuckin' MYSTERIOUS MONKEY" hahaha - gotta love that cut!

Quote Originally Posted by claaa7 View Post
    it's not a classic like its predecessor, but as stated it's WAY ahead of its time and it's a fucking cool album that defies labeling... i love a lot of it and its much better than that "Remedy" album they rerecorded it as. it's straight up fucking crazy, but it's so damn experimental i think it's best listened to over two different sittings imo haha.

would love to have a proper 2xLP release of this, hopefully some label manages to get a hold of this and decide to release it as a limited edition or something. deserves to be heard by more, such a brave LP - i wonder what drugs they were using on here. "It's the muthafuckin' MYSTERIOUS MONKEY" hahaha - gotta love that cut!

I've only ever jammed to the album in one setting, lol. I'll have to experience it on the go. I like the majority of it as well. It's a straight outer-space record, almost like an audio acid trip. The engineering Sensational (Torture) did on this record is reminiscent of the Beatles post Rubber Soul, like if Revolution #9 was in a set rhythm.

A documentary was made about Sensational, it's a great watch: