Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The official Wuki Pack discussion thread

Veteran Member

Default The official Wuki Pack discussion thread

Since the ordering thread was taken down, I figured we needed a new thread to discuss the MUSIC. Whether you agree or disagree with the way it was released, I think we can all agree that the music in this pack is priceless and we needed it to fill the gaps in our collections.

What are your favorite tracks? Me personally, the Killah Priest and Sunz of Man tracks are by far, my absolute favorites in this pack. We been waiting over a decade for these, ever since the infamous Wu-Tang International scam to sell the KP and Sunz albums, "Forth He Shall Come" and "Nothing New Under The Sun".

"Day Of The Prophets" has one of the most haunting beats ever. Leave it to 4th Disciple to use one of the most tired samples and flip it in such a refreshing way. It's a travesty that it was left off "Heavy Mental".

"Quiet Weapons 4 Silent Warz" and "House Of Steel" are already two of my favorite Sunz Of Man tracks ever. I love Hell Razah's old "nasal voice" in those tracks. 4th Disciple was on fire with the beats and I can listen to both of these tracks all day long.

Not to mention, we finally get CD quality tracks for "Mind As A Weapon" (which was previously released in poor cassette quality in the bonus Killah Priest album "Black August Revisited") and "As It Was Written" (which was previously released in poor cassette quality in a Think Differently mixtape called "Think Differently Presents: Razorsharp Records Lost Anthology".

"Build It Up" was so dope to hear for the first time. Prodigal Sunn in his old aggressive style and 7th Ambassador is always nice to hear, even though his verse was recycled (Hell's Inmates).

The extended version of "Crusades" was very interesting to hear. I prefer the way it was used as a short interlude in "Heavy Mental" that leads into the classic track "Tai Chi". The demo version of "It's Over" isn't much different than the album version, other than the intro doesn't have the girl and the fade-out is different (longer).

"Wolf In Sheep's Clothing" has been out for years, but the version included in this package is fully mastered and the intro is different. One of the most laid back and underrated 4th Disciple beats IMO.

Also included is the original version of "B.I.B.L.E." (aka King & The Caesar), and the demo track "Life Is A Gamble", which uses the same beat as La the Darkman's "Fifth Disciple". Killah Priest later recycled the first verse for the song "Street Operas". It was a pleasure to finally listen to this track in CD quality.

"Sun Of The Galaxy" and "Hold This Planet" are the only Sunz songs in this package that were not CD quality. It was weird (in a great way) to hear Killah Priest and Prodigal Sunn rapping over the "Death Be The Penalty" beat. I had no idea that track was originally a Sunz song. "Hold This Planet" has one of the best KP verses I ever heard and Shabazz in full "Holy Psychiatrist" mode. Sucks that these tracks are in cassette quality. My life will be complete once RZA opens up the Wu-Vault and we get these tracks in CD quality, lol.

More reviews to come later, as I'm slowly digesting this shrine of Wu-Goodness. Again, remember to keep the discussion to the MUSIC.
    Ghostface on 50 Cent:
    "Yo, this ape needs to stop injecting himself with them stroiods. He's acting up, he better chill out before New York puts his ass on the bench."
    Ghostface on Eminem:
    "That pilgrim needs to back off. He ain't got no street cred, thats my word."

damn i havent even made it to mind as a weapon cd quality - i loved the hell out of the shitty quality version even

so far my favorite track is hostile takeover by shogun. love having the deadly melody instrumental too

anyone can make a list of really unreleased tracks from Wuki, unheard before?

I've got a few favourites so far...

-- Gravediggaz tracks are just insane!! These were the main reason I bought the package... hearing Poetic, Frukwan and Shabazz going in like that is fuckin' craaaazy!!!

-- The Sunz Of Man and Heavy Mentwo tracks are ill... been bangin' the shit out of 'Day Of The Prophets'

-- The original 'Fuck America' instrumental in the extra's pack!! GOD FUCKIN' DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!! Beat is so hard!!!! Been wanting to get my hands on it since hearing the live version years ago!!! One of Ringz' dopest beats!!

-- The True Master 'Blade Trinity' demo's in the extra's pack... Some really nice score work from True Master. Didnt know he had any involvement in Bade Trinity... not sure if they used any of this in the film though.

-- The original version of 'The Stone, The Gun & The Book'... Was good to hear the original version of this.

-- The Back Chambers compilation... I was left shaking my head after listening through this joint... can't believe the Clan actually turned all of these beats down!!!!!

-- Too many gems to mention really... the Shabazz shit from '95 in the extra's pack, the Shaolin Finger Jab instrumental is ill, the Orphanage shit is dope as hell as are those Shogun Assasson tracks, the Tekitha joints are dope, the Beretta 9 track with Shabazz, etc, etc...

Still tryna soak it all in...

Which joints are y'all bangin'...?

Peace!

Veteran Member

is just me or is black sheep of one man the best track on the wuki pack.. cannot stop listening to it. this shit is inspiring me highly

yeah that whole album is dope its wasn't rare though i've had it for years

same with a lot of the shogun tracks but 'when will it end' is still ridiculously good

4th disciple can pretty much do no wrong

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mumm Ra View Post
    yeah that whole album is dope its wasn't rare though i've had it for years

same with a lot of the shogun tracks but 'when will it end' is still ridiculously good

4th disciple can pretty much do no wrong
    The tracks, One Man, Jail Cells Of The Ghetto, The Way Love Goes, Soldier's Story, Foreign Language, Heavy Burdenz remix and Close Your Eyes remix were not in the digital release 4th Disciple put out a couple years ago. I believe Foreign Language has been out, I know I heard it before.
    Ghostface on 50 Cent:
    "Yo, this ape needs to stop injecting himself with them stroiods. He's acting up, he better chill out before New York puts his ass on the bench."
    Ghostface on Eminem:

true

flamboyant steez liquidswordchamber36's Avatar

Shabazz killed it on Hold This Planet, damn id love to hear Shabazz open up his vaults...

Veteran Member

Both Shabazz and Priest went straight MENTAL on this track.
    Ghostface on 50 Cent:
    Ghostface on Eminem:

flamboyant steez liquidswordchamber36's Avatar

Indeed they did! I have the Wuki & Cilvaringz package, anyone here have that extras pack? id love to listen to the Shabazz tracks from 95! and also the True Master work on blade sounds pretty cool.

What is this wuki package?

I have no idea what it is.
    It's the god, god.

85 %ER

I am confused as fuck too. . .can someone post a link or something???

85 %ER

Quote Originally Posted by Pattch82 View Post
    I've got a few favourites so far...

-- Gravediggaz tracks are just insane!! These were the main reason I bought the package... hearing Poetic, Frukwan and Shabazz going in like that is fuckin' craaaazy!!!

-- The Sunz Of Man and Heavy Mentwo tracks are ill... been bangin' the shit out of 'Day Of The Prophets'

-- The original 'Fuck America' instrumental in the extra's pack!! GOD FUCKIN' DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!! Beat is so hard!!!! Been wanting to get my hands on it since hearing the live version years ago!!! One of Ringz' dopest beats!!

-- The True Master 'Blade Trinity' demo's in the extra's pack... Some really nice score work from True Master. Didnt know he had any involvement in Bade Trinity... not sure if they used any of this in the film though.

-- The original version of 'The Stone, The Gun & The Book'... Was good to hear the original version of this.

-- The Back Chambers compilation... I was left shaking my head after listening through this joint... can't believe the Clan actually turned all of these beats down!!!!!

-- Too many gems to mention really... the Shabazz shit from '95 in the extra's pack, the Shaolin Finger Jab instrumental is ill, the Orphanage shit is dope as hell as are those Shogun Assasson tracks, the Tekitha joints are dope, the Beretta 9 track with Shabazz, etc, etc...

Still tryna soak it all in...

Which joints are y'all bangin'...?

Peace!

Where did you get these packs homie??? I need a link or something

Quote Originally Posted by cmeadows View Post
    Where did you get these packs homie??? I need a link or something
    Cilvaringz was selling them on here a while back... the original Wuki pack plus loads of extra's too.

Peace!