Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Freddie Gibbs & Madlib - Pinata leaked

Quote Originally Posted by main_man View Post
    i look at this album like this....

madlib is definitely one of the best producers doin this hip hop shit at the moment.

gibbs & guilty simpson are easily 2 of the best street orientated mc's currently making hip hop music.

'lib & simpson shoulda been a classic, but there were WAY too many skits on that joint. take the skits out and you have one of the best albums of that year. but the skits kinda made it fall flat.

madlib learned from that & barely did the skit thing on this one.
    & gibbs ripped every beat on this thing.
    shit is just straight up street music. solid as fuck.
    I greatly preferred the songs on LibSon. I don't know... not hearing the chemistry on here... Only listened to it two or three times though. Gonna get it a few more spins, cuz all I see is people praising it, cats I usually agree with for the most part. Maybe I'm just missing something. Love Gibbs, love Lib, maybe I was expecting too much. But even then, I'd be more satisfied from an album from which I'm underwhelmed but which still bangs even if it's not a classic (some recent examples: Albert Einstein, DuRag Dynasty, Schoolboy Q).

Are U aware I ban @ will? MASTER PAI MEI's Avatar

This album is OK.

I need to listen more, but it doesnt stand out to me.

Quote Originally Posted by THUGNIFICENT View Post
    I don't know... not hearing the chemistry on here...
    I was feeling the same way. I never really listened to Gibbs before though. Madlib does have some amazing producting on here to make up for it. Ima have the track with Earl on repeat for a while

i think its definitely a solid album though

Everyone here should check out Madlib's production for the second Strong Arm Steady album In Search Of Stoney Jackson. Some of Madlib's most underrated beats

yeah, stoney jackson is dope as a fuck, spinin it often.

pinata is dope, but i hate that faggot dany brown, this ugly fucker ruined dope track...

I wasn't too excited for this cos i'm not a Madlib fan like that. But i've been listening for the last few days and shits nice. Gibbs kills it and the production takes me back to 90s chill LA type of sound.

Pinata is so dope, the production is flawless & Gibbs comes with some fire. Its been a while since madlib has been back with a whole album. Its up there with Madvillian & Jaylib imo. This is heavily on repeat.

Stoney Jackson is crazy dope too.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFunkyDrummer View Post
    Everyone here should check out Madlib's production for the second Strong Arm Steady album In Search Of Stoney Jackson. Some of Madlib's most underrated beats
    Word, haven't peeped that album in a hot minute. Gonna listen to it prolly tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by sickdog View Post
    pinata is dope, but i hate that faggot dany brown, this ugly fucker ruined dope track...
    Why dont you like him? At first I thought his voice was annoying, but now I've gotten used to it and really like the way he uses it to ride the beat. That song is one of the standouts easily IMO. Both of em kill that shit, and the beat is perfect. "America's Most Blunted" level stuff.

crushed out heavenly Ghost In The 'Lac's Avatar

Very crazy apart from the tracks with those earl sweat faggots who can't rap.

Beats - crazy, thick, slimy, greasy, gloopy, melted jam on the windowsill
    Raps - crazy, fast, hype, aggresive, sharp, not boring, natural

I like how madlib went hard on thse beats. The mixing on these is so thick. These i what i imagined him giving ghostface after block rock.