Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What New Underground New York And New Jersey Rappers Should I Check Out?

-

Default What New Underground New York And New Jersey Rappers Should I Check Out?

I wanna know if ya'll can recommend me some new underground rappers from New York and New Jersey i should listen to on Youtube. I'm still stuck in the old school rap from the 80's and 90's because it's been hard for me to listen to these new rappers. I don't even know what new rappers are out because it seems to me so many of them are pop rappers and got these corny ass songs. I miss the hardcore songs from back in the day that so many New York and New Jersey rappers did. I don't only like New York and New Jersey rappers even though i think they're better than rappers from other cities.

I do like rappers from back in the day that are from Los Angeles, Oakland, Houston. Common is the only rapper that i used to like that's from Chicago. I don't like too many rappers from Chicago. I don't like too many rappers from Atlanta and Detroit either. Ludacris, Goodie Mob, Outkast are the only rappers i like from Atlanta. I was glad that Bone Thugs and Harmony came from my hometown Cleveland, Ohio but they did a lot of shitty albums after Creepin On A Come Up album. I'm sure there's some other rappers from Cleveland that are underground but i haven't heard them.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.

Are U aware I ban @ will? MASTER PAI MEI's Avatar

Check out the new rapper called IGNORANT BLACK

The Thrill of It All spammy sosa's Avatar

smoke dza and action bronson

Not really a new rapper, but his solo career is

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones
    I didn't like it because of the beats.

PRODIGAL SUN

Loaded Lux

-

Alright ya'll. Thanks. Geto Boys are the only rappers from Houston i like. There's a lot of wack rappers from Houston and Atlanta LOL. Ya'll remember when people were saying the south rappers was on top during the 2000 decade? Yeah right LOL. There's a lot of wack south rappers. Geto Boys will always be the kings of the south. During the 2000 decade, there may not have been a lot of good music from New York and New Jersey but New York and New Jersey were still on top during the 2000 decade just for the simple fact that there's so many classic rap albums that have come outta New York and New Jersey.

The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.

Tbf, New York is pretty fuckin shit now

Not new but check out Ill Bill

Are U aware I ban @ will? MASTER PAI MEI's Avatar

Alright ya'll. Thanks. Geto Boys are the only rappers from Houston i like. There's a lot of wack rappers from Houston and Atlanta LOL. Ya'll remember when people were saying the south rappers was on top during the 2000 decade? Yeah right LOL. There's a lot of wack south rappers. Geto Boys will always be the kings of the south. During the 2000 decade, there may not have been a lot of good music from New York and New Jersey but New York and New Jersey were still on top during the 2000 decade just for the simple fact that there's so many classic rap albums that have come outta New York and New Jersey.
    Youre a retard.

OUTKAST are the KINGS OF THE SOUTH. You dumb fucking moron.

CJ, broaden your horizons. Why would you limit yourself to these two cities. I'm not taking anything away from all the great music that came from NJ and especially NY.

but New York and New Jersey were still on top during the 2000 decade just for the simple fact that there's so many classic rap albums that have come outta New York and New Jersey.

The reason N.Y and to a lesser extent N.J rappers are the best, is because of there superior lyrical ability and there vast subject matter.

You know what's funny.... Even some of the west coast heavy weights owe there style and success to the east.

But yeah I agree that the east coast has lost some of it's shine.

Quote Originally Posted by prof zooruka View Post
    The reason N.Y and to a lesser extent N.J rappers are the best, is because of [..] there vast subject matter.
    Do you not think the west coast are far superior to the east when it comes to this? The east is pretty narrow when it comes to subject matter imo. Practically everyone are a battle rapper, gangster rapper or political/revolutionary rapper. There's not a lot of people who thinks as much outside of the box as for instance Del The Funkee Homosapien & Freestyle Fellowship does (especially currently). At least earlier we had Pharoahe Monch, Last Emperor & De La who tried some new things, but now?

the underground isnt really saying much..

for nyc id have to say go for joey badass, action brinson, roc marciano, justee juxx?
    they are the more known

not sure if you would consider these guys underground but worth checking out?
    I guess you can say unheard of?

dillion cooper, nitty scott, worlds fair, B.I.C (Bitches Is Crazy)

The Underachievers, Ratking---kinda got that asap mobb vibe

vinny chase, bodega bamz & Troy Ave will break into the mainstream

battle rap --> DNA Arsonal & Cortez (check out kotd on youtube)

i find new york lost its sound ! its changed for maybe the worst ?

courtesy of Bobby_Digital72

Non Ignorants

Shaolin Master

RA the Rugged Man if he counts

Mr. MFN eXquire

he's not new but under the radar

+vvvvvvv