Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Wu-Tang Clan - Keep Watch [New Single off 'A Better Tomorrow']

Quote Originally Posted by Soulless View Post
    lol @ people saying "I don't want another 36 Chambers" and then faulting the track because it doesn't sound like something from 36 Chambers.
    I see you're hittin me up so I'm gonna reply.
    I didn't say I wanted to another 36 Chambers. But just more energy put into recording it. I can bet my bottom dollar they even weren't in the same studio recording that. The lyrics are good and Meth and GZA went sooo hard!

"It's Meth, you heard it through "The Wire" I could be more (B-More)"

And look @ Ra the Rugged Man or KRS-One. Rugged is 40+ and KRS is almost 50 (49 to be exactly) and they can spit something raw! Wu just need more hardcore beats like the song what Meth did with A$AP Mob.

"I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth" (Rev. 3:15-16)

Corny Nuh! Capitalizing Cilvaringz's Avatar

keep dreaming

Quote Originally Posted by Cilvaringz View Post
    keep dreaming
    I don't know what u mean by posting that but maybe you can tell us what Rae meant when he posted that on his Twitter.

Also, Cilva, can you tell us if you heard what RZA cooked up for this album and if you did can you tell us how it sounds.

crushed out heavenly Ghost In The 'Lac's Avatar

Problem is - there's no structure or actual song making process happening. They're just putting verses over beats producers have "submitted" to them, like 4th said, he's "sent" beats over to them. It's by the numbers. You've got to be working with your producer to try to mold and shape something that resembles a proper song, not this paint-by-numbers style put on a verse and find a hook and we're done. RZA was the only one out of the 9 who ever had this song making/album making ability, they're lost without him but the fact remains RZA is long gone from Wu.

I didn't like 8D much (it had it's moments) but at least there were attempts at crafting an actual cohesive album. I mean - take the opening 2 minutes of the album - that craft, simple as it is, would never happen without RZA around. Shame the rest of the album wasn't like Campfire but that was probably down to lack of extended focus?

Anyway the positives from this new song is that the raps still sound good, they could be elevated much higher if they were used better. No reason for them to retire, the production just needs someone to take control - but who? These guys don't want to listen to RZA anymore.

Banned

This shouldn't be on the album. It'd be okay as a promo or something but if this is on the final LP it won't be good.

Meth was dope and Cappa too, not feelin Deck or GzA tho.

Beat was too repetitive with a wack hook. It missed energy, Ghost would have been perfect here.
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

Veteran Member

Ya'll some picky dudes

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost In The 'Lac View Post
    Problem is - there's no structure or actual song making process happening. They're just putting verses over beats producers have "submitted" to them, like 4th said, he's "sent" beats over to them. It's by the numbers. You've got to be working with your producer to try to mold and shape something that resembles a proper song, not this paint-by-numbers style put on a verse and find a hook and we're done. RZA was the only one out of the 9 who ever had this song making/album making ability, they're lost without him but the fact remains RZA is long gone from Wu.

I didn't like 8D much (it had it's moments) but at least there were attempts at crafting an actual cohesive album. I mean - take the opening 2 minutes of the album - that craft, simple as it is, would never happen without RZA around. Shame the rest of the album wasn't like Campfire but that was probably down to lack of extended focus?

Anyway the positives from this new song is that the raps still sound good, they could be elevated much higher if they were used better. No reason for them to retire, the production just needs someone to take control - but who? These guys don't want to listen to RZA anymore.
    This is what I've been trying to tell all the time. Making album doesn't mean that you write your verse, record it and send to the producer. They should go to studio for a few week and make it together, be focused on the work, write lyrics together, tell to RZA what should stay, what should be removed... just the chemistry. If you ever made music you will know that sitting with someone else in studio/home gives a special kind of energy. That's how to Wu should work, then they could give 100% of them. This is the way that the concept of album is being built.

Now we know how it was recorded, RZA called Meth saying "Yo, Cappa I need ya verse on tomorrow", "Ok I got'cha man". RZA after getting all the verses, sat down and said "it's gonna be called 'Keep watch'. It doesn't matter the lyrics ain't got nothin' with it"

"I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth" (Rev. 3:15-16)

Terry Cloth Rudolph Joint Sky Blue Bally Kid's Avatar

lol @ the typical played out Wu stan responses to this...

1 - Play track once.
    2 - Log onto wu-corp to complain it's not as good as the best tracks in their catalog from 20 years ago.
    3 - Upgrade last wu album from worst album ever released to classic based on this track.

When I'm writing in my room

It's like a child that's fighting in the womb

- KP -

overall im not disappointed. this is what i expect from 2014 Wu-Tang Clan if not a little better than I expected since this is already better than any Iron Flag or 8 Diagrams single

Quote Originally Posted by Mumm Ra View Post
    overall im not disappointed. this is what i expect from 2014 Wu-Tang Clan if not a little better than I expected since this is already better than any Iron Flag or 8 Diagrams single
    Maybe better than 8 Diagrams single, i don't even remember what they were.

Its wack though because of the wack chorus, lack of chemistry, boring production etc.

And i think its downright weird that RZAs talking about the timeless classic production he came up with for this album and then puts out a Math produced single. Shit doesn't add up.

chorus fucked up whole track, period.

chorus definitely could be better. even just a better vocalist with the same chorus would make it better

Solid track...not feeling the hook

Platypi on the swarm!! RUSHING PLATYPUS's Avatar

The corny hook may be the very reason this is the lead single. Perhaps an attempt to appeal to your general rap music fan, rather than just their hardcore fans. Not gonna let a corny hook on a lead single ruin my hopes for this album.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Blue Bally Kid View Post
    lol @ the typical played out Wu stan responses to this...

1 - Play track once.
    2 - Log onto wu-corp to complain it's not as good as the best tracks in their catalog from 20 years ago.
    3 - Upgrade last wu album from worst album ever released to classic based on this track.

this...

says it all about this corny 8 pages

what a whiners u all are lol