Thread: AllHipHop Exclusive: Raekwon Believes “It’s Bigger Than Money…”

Default AllHipHop Exclusive: Raekwon Believes “It’s Bigger Than Money…”

thx good read

Veteran Member

except when it comes to 'album making decisions', its about money. hes such a hypocrite lmao

i think they'll get him on in the last minute, but if not it doesnt kill my joy for new WTC music. he'll regret this down the road
    poppa large, big shot on the east coast..

Terry Cloth Rudolph Joint Sky Blue Bally Kid's Avatar

smh overall, feel like Rae is trying to make out his procrastination is not about money but group dynamics etc... but reading between the lines it's clearly about money for him!

Sounds like he's said to RZA "I want this amount to perform, call me when you're interested"...

When I'm writing in my room

It's like a child that's fighting in the womb

- KP -

Wu-Veteran

I believe Raekwon is one of the sharpest in the whole clan these days. His beat choices, and his darts are just slaying shit..AND he's keeping up with these new artists on a commercial level..droppin on more radio friendly beats..but not quittin or slowin down with that street shit. I think Rae just really want this wu album to be right...any "wu fan" that has a problem with that..you are whats wrong with hip hop

Wu-Veteran

On the flipside.....Rae has to show up..and it better not be all about money..if it is..then he is whats wrong with hip hop

/
    Last edited by Ayatollah; 03-20-2014 at 02:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JEM View Post
    I believe Raekwon is one of the sharpest in the whole clan these days. His beat choices, and his darts are just slaying shit..AND he's keeping up with these new artists on a commercial level..droppin on more radio friendly beats..but not quittin or slowin down with that street shit. I think Rae just really want this wu album to be right...any "wu fan" that has a problem with that..you are whats wrong with hip hop

His beat choices are horrible, his bars are dated. Best tracks he's appeared on are ones where RZA was involved or Kanye.

He hasn't dropped a better verse since heart gently weeps or gorgeous.
    It's the god, god.

So Raekwon should be treated differently than all the other members? Get a special deal, where he gets more money than everyone else?

He'll collaborate with every other rapper in the industry, but the Wu-Tang Clan?

He makes shitty pop singles for his own albums, and wants a bigger say in Wu-Tang album production?

I'd listen to a Wu album without Rae. Seven other members ready to go in his place - eight, with Cappa. A handful of worthy affiliates, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Blue Bally Kid View Post
    smh overall, feel like Rae is trying to make out his procrastination is not about money but group dynamics etc... but reading between the lines it's clearly about money for him!

Sounds like he's said to RZA "I want this amount to perform, call me when you're interested"...
    In other words, he's saying what he means, but you want to believe he means something else so you'll run with what you believe rather than what he said.
    Emotions are for the weak, so I sold mine to the highest bidder.

Platypi on the swarm!! RUSHING PLATYPUS's Avatar

Get with the project or STFU fatboy!

JEM i agree , I see where all this steam is coming from cause you we all want to hear some new shit.
    But really what if this album is the worst wu album to date being their final all you gonna do is hate on RZA next.
    Raekwon said RZA wants a humble album, id rather not hear that or dont want it to come out.
    Plus RZA busy with movie project and wants to do an album feels like rushing.
    They better come together as a cohesive unit and work as a team then just one man making decisions and everybodys unsatisfied.

Are U aware I ban @ will? MASTER PAI MEI's Avatar

Just use KillaSin as a guest rapper in place of Shallah Lex Diamond Louis Rich Hamburger Helper Raewon