Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Raekwon Talks Disapproval of Wu-Tang Clan's New Album A Better Tomorrow

“A Better Tomorrow—I’ll say it briefly—is healthy,” RZA continues. “That’s for the fans more than anything because that’s what we need. If you’re having a good day today, you need a better tomorrow. If you’re having a bad day today, you definitely need a better tomorrow. When I first came up with that concept, it was my idea looking at the world, looking at my crew, and looking at myself. Looking at myself, I’m like, ‘Wow, everything is working for me. But everything ain’t working for everybody on my team. Everybody ain’t working for everybody in my family. I got my cousin, he just got laid off at the airport. My brother, he thought that [President Obama] would come and give people all these jobs. He had to go to Ohio to look for a job and then come back. He needs a better tomorrow. I was trying to write songs of inspiration and hope, which is the theme of this album. I’m having a hard time keeping it together because of creative differences we always have in Wu. Maybe brothers would rather see me walk around like [my character in Brick Mansions] Tremaine Alexander. ‘Strap up, Brick Mansion gangsters!’ That’s the energy, but that won’t make a better tomorrow.”

Nothing wrong with that as a theme but couldn't he easily do it so that theres some bangers detailing the ugly side of life, and then move on to the hopeful melodic side as a contrast?

As it stands at the moment, hes making this shit sound soft and wack. This might be the first Clan album i don't buy along with Cilvaringz assblasting venture.

some days i wish i could just share some things Rza said around me about this music shit and give people a bit of a clearer view why rae feels the way he does...but im not here to cause division....so whatever

^^^^

Tell rza to stop with all this artistic nonsense, and to just give us that straight raw.

Rich dudes shouldn't make hip-hop. RZA should just retire, make bad movies, and let everybody else do their own thing. If RZA didn't own the name I doubt half of them would fuck with him at this point anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by muscularghandi View Post
    .....If RZA didn't own the name I doubt half of them would fuck with him at this point anyways.

word.

40-year-old guys rapping like they're 20 would be the definition of sad and pointless.

We already get that way too much in their solo albums, anyway.

When Wu was in their prime, they gave us something different with every release. They didn't just pander to fans and try to Xerox their past albums. Let's look at the classics:

People wanted more 36 Chambers - we got Cuban Linx.

People wanted more Cuban Linx - we got Liquid Swords.

People wanted more Liquid Swords - we got Ironman.

People wanted 36 Chambers Part 2 - we got Wu-Tang Forever.

People wanted Ironman Part 2 - we got Supreme Clientele.

Actually, I would say Return of the 36 Chambers and Tical sound like "more 36 Chambers," and that's what puts them a notch below LS and Cuban Linx.

Nas put out his best album in years, Life Is Good - he wasn't trying to remake Illmatic.

Jay-Z's the most successful rapper in his 40's - he's not trying to remake Reasonable Doubt.

No Eminem or Kanye release sounds the same, love them or hate them.

EVOLVE OR DIE.

It's a shame Wu doesn't get along anymore, when it comes to making new music. But I will take another 8 Diagrams - at least we'll get a couple bangers.

Quote Originally Posted by ShortyCoffeeStain View Post
    40-year-old guys rapping like they're 20 would be the definition of sad and pointless.

Correct me if I am wrong ???? but isn't that what Wu are doing, by trying to stay relevant (Raekwon, Meth, Deck ect....). There lyrical content has gone right down the drain, and now they sound like wannabe 20 something year old generic rappers.

In my opinion Wu tang would be better if they just stay in there lane and give the fans the music they want and what Wu tang are known for.

this has gone far enough...SOMEONE POST TITS

my man....i got u loud and clear...enough internets for the day

Veteran Member

Wu-Tang Clan's Single-Copy Album May Net At Least $5 Million, RZA Reveals

There was little doubt that Wu-Tang Clan's plan to release only one copy of the group's forthcoming, 31-track, double album would have a splashy impact, but it turns out that may be an understatement. One week after the announcement, RZA revealed to Billboard.com that the group has already received a $5 million offer for the album.

"I've been getting a lot of emails -- some from people I know, some from people I don't know, and they're also emailing other members of my organization. So far, $5 million is the biggest number," RZA said. "I don't know how to measure it, but it gives us an idea that what we're doing is being understood by some. And there are some good peers of mine also, who are very high-ranking in the film business and the music business, sending me a lot of good will. It's been real positive."

RZA came up with the concept for "The Wu — Once Upon a Time in Shaolin" alongside producer Tarik "Cilvaringz" Azzougarh. The album was recorded in secret over the past few years as a statement about the way the digital era has afflicted music revenue. With a price tag this massive, it seems the statement Wu-Tang released about the album on its website is especially apt: "Industrial production and digital reproduction have failed. The intrinsic value of music has been reduced to zero. Contemporary art is worth millions by virtue of its exclusivity. This album is a piece of contemporary art."

Instead of purchasing the album conventionally, fans can pay a fee to hear it at galleries, museums, festivals and other spaces, in what could be called a tour for the release. The highest bidder will nab the physical copy, which comes in a nickel-silver box fashioned by British-Moroccan artist Yahya. There's still no official release date for "Once Upon a Time in Shaolin" or its mass-produced counterpart, "A Better Tomorrow."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...Canada%20Music