Page 54 of 77 FirstFirst ... 4444546474849505152535455565758596061626364 ... LastLast

Thread: Once Upon a Time in Shaolin/museum tour/1 copy of album

Quote Originally Posted by 5th state View Post
    Very good suggestion and maybe this idea was already on the table for a PART of the proceeds. I understand and respect the fact that costs have to be covered for all parties involved (Ringz, artists, technicians, people responsible for mixing etc. but also the original investor who supplied Cilva with a budget and who will definitely get AT LEAST a recoup) and people need/want a payday, even though this is a statement about art & music. (I don't think these things are mutually exclusive.)

I see where you're coming from but I personally see no reason to complain about additional music with that 90s Wu feel. An extra set of good songs that make up an album that sounds cohesive is an interesting bonus in my book.

Point taken, especially as to what you said about why people originally fell in love with the Wu. Then again, the 'W' sign was a marketing brand in and of itself from the very beginning. And I can't say I'm mad at this art work (box in a box in a box thingy), it looks really cool to me.

Hi 5th state

Thank you for replying to my constructive criticism. I want to address each point in turn.

- Although they may have thought about the charitable angle the point is they have not stated it. This is more reason to believe that its not about the art. There is nothing wrong with it being about money Cilva deserves to be rewarded for the hard work he put in. Furthermore I thought Cilva said a while back that he had already paid the performers ? I could be wrong.

- I am happy to hear additional music.However I don't want to hear Wu rapping in a 90s style over 90s beats. I want to hear current Wu making classic material from the current era. There is enough 90s Wu to last a lifetime. I think the artists are getting confused. Fans don't want literal 90s music they want progressive music from a progressive group. They are probably better at doing 90s style music in the 90s than doing 90s music now. Ironically in 100 years time when someone compares the two bodies of music they may see this album as a parody of the 90s version of the Wu!

- The W is the strongest brand in hiphop. But the core element of the brand is the music remember Witty Unpredictable Talent and Natural Game. If you want to re-establish the brand you have to make good music for people to LISTEN TO!

- Finally, another ironic twist fans have been asked for their opinions throughout the duration of this project. So you are telling me that Cilva is going to take all the fans ideas to make something special and not give the fans any credit for it and take it all for himself and Wu? Is there not something wrong with that?

This project seems to be a project that was not ready to launch because there are a lot of issues which have not been addressed. Cilva still can get some people on this forum to run ideas by.

Someone made a valid point that even tho the music could be banging on this album, many people may not go near it because Cilva's profile is not as high as Rza's. His production has not reached the mainstream air yet. This is important because he is trying to target this product at the highest end of the mainstream market.

Quote Originally Posted by duotone View Post
    i dont know if this already been postet but forbes did a small docu about the album visiting ringz in marakesh...

including a lil snack 4 all yall haters...

http://www.forbes.com/sites/zackomal...um-in-morocco/

briliant idea ringz! big up!
    You guys are some dick-riding fucking idiots to have bankrolled this group's career and are now celebrating that they are turning their backs on you.

You guys really made my day and it started off bad, thank you...seriously

CORNED BEEF SAMMICH

Quote Originally Posted by duotone View Post
    i dont know if this already been postet but forbes did a small docu about the album visiting ringz in marakesh...

including a lil snack 4 all yall haters...

http://www.forbes.com/sites/zackomal...um-in-morocco/

briliant idea ringz! big up!

so Ringz this was recorded in staten island? hmm not what you originally said

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by brightscreamer View Post
    You guys are some dick-riding fucking idiots to have bankrolled this group's career and are now celebrating that they are turning their backs on you.

Those are the desperate fans who think every Wu project is a classic, good or bad...as long as it's "real hip hop". So it doesn't bother them to not hear one of their many "masterpieces".
    Last edited by TheWuSepticTank; 05-07-2014 at 02:02 PM.
    STAY TUNED.

thirsty for some fruit punch today

Wu-Tang Cher coming at ya!!

Watch your step kid!!! Watch your step kid!!!

Melf Nederlandse lifestyle & hiphop community. Voor bazen. De beste website van de wereld.[

PRODIGAL SUN

Quote Originally Posted by brightscreamer View Post

This shit is wack on so many levels.....HIPHOP does not belong in a museum....
    this move they making is some 10percenter type shit.Dont get me wrong its a brilliant business move but not for wutang.I COULD UNDERSTAND IF IT WAS SOME RARE JOHN COLTRANE,MILES DAVIS,JIMI HENDRIX,BACH,BEETHOVEN SHIT,but a wu-clone album with no RZA,4TH DISCIPLE.TRUE MASTER,ALLAH MATHEMATICS,Y-KIM BEATS IS NOT SHIT TO ME....I watched the forbes documentary and what I thought was funny us how ringz said the fans are getting heated,dam right they hot,because you told them that the album was originally meant for the fans and then last minute you pull this stunt...intersteing how ringz said the album has been top secret even to the point that the clan memebers dont even have copies or the real beats that they spittin on,didnt you let the fans on this board here the snippets in that original thread.SO 1 you either had this plan all along or you lying to someone...
    THERE will never ever be another 36,tical,iron man,etc....classic wu shit, rza already blew his whole shit on those tapes.THE wu clones can spend a million years trying to reach that 36 chamber but its never ever gonna happen,its over...this situation plus raekwon and christ cutting his dick off has really opened my eyes to these so called righteous brothers....shit makes me sad...wu tang is def not forever....

Quote Originally Posted by LORD_BEATJITZU View Post
    a wu-clone album with no RZA,4TH DISCIPLE.TRUE MASTER,ALLAH MATHEMATICS,Y-KIM BEATS IS NOT SHIT TO ME
    not this again.

let's make this clear: Cilva is a better producer (today) than all those people you just mentioned. You've seen the 24-minute beat session video and it was 99.9% bangers. none of those bums you mentioned could've pulled off this 31-track album, not even RZA (today). this isn't 1997. Cilva studied from the master and learned well. his beats shine. at least give him that much credit.

I can't speak on the lyrics, but given the energetic beats, I'm guessing everybody brought their A game, especially Ghost, Rae, Shabazz and Killa Sin. what more do you want?

the minute people finally hear this album, the first thing out of their mouths will be, "this is the best Wu album since.....(a)wu tang forever, (b), Cuban Linx, (C), Liquid Swords, or (D) 36 Chambers. notice I didn't mention Supreme Clientele or Ironman or Tical or Return to 36 Chambers or CL2, because this album will most likely destroy them.

christ cutting his dick off has really opened my eyes to these so called righteous brothers....shit makes me sad...wu tang is def not forever....

Why mention Christ Bearer along with this? I think everybody was trying to forget that incident. This dude has been loosely associated with Wu at best lately. If it's not directly Wu-Tang related, then don't mention it.
    STAY TUNED.

This shit is wack on so many levels.....HIPHOP does not belong in a museum....
    this move they making is some 10percenter type shit.Dont get me wrong its a brilliant business move but not for wutang.I COULD UNDERSTAND IF IT WAS SOME RARE JOHN COLTRANE,MILES DAVIS,JIMI HENDRIX,BACH,BEETHOVEN SHIT,but a wu-clone album with no RZA,4TH DISCIPLE.TRUE MASTER,ALLAH MATHEMATICS,Y-KIM BEATS IS NOT SHIT TO ME....I watched the forbes documentary and what I thought was funny us how ringz said the fans are getting heated,dam right they hot,because you told them that the album was originally meant for the fans and then last minute you pull this stunt...intersteing how ringz said the album has been top secret even to the point that the clan memebers dont even have copies or the real beats that they spittin on,didnt you let the fans on this board here the snippets in that original thread.SO 1 you either had this plan all along or you lying to someone...
    THERE will never ever be another 36,tical,iron man,etc....classic wu shit, rza already blew his whole shit on those tapes.THE wu clones can spend a million years trying to reach that 36 chamber but its never ever gonna happen,its over...

If it's over for the Clan and it's just a "Wu clone" album, then you shouldn't care about this album at all lol yet you sound angry by the premise.
    STAY TUNED.

Quote Originally Posted by Cubanlinx95 View Post
    not this again.

let's make this clear: Cilva is a better producer (today) than all those people you just mentioned. You've seen the 24-minute beat session video and it was 99.9% bangers. none of those bums you mentioned could've pulled off this 31-track album, not even RZA (today). this isn't 1997. Cilva studied from the master and learned well. his beats shine. at least give him that much credit.

I can't speak on the lyrics, but given the energetic beats, I'm guessing everybody brought their A game, especially Ghost, Rae, Shabazz and Killa Sin. what more do you want?

the minute people finally hear this album, the first thing out of their mouths will be, "this is the best Wu album since.....(a)wu tang forever, (b), Cuban Linx, (C), Liquid Swords, or (D) 36 Chambers. notice I didn't mention Supreme Clientele or Ironman or Tical or Return to 36 Chambers or CL2, because this album will most likely destroy them.
    Are you Cilvaringz' mother?

Watched the forbes doco.... was surprised to see Richard Branson in the video.

Banned

SUPER RARE FOOTAGE FROM 1993 B.C (Before Cilvaringz..Before Corporate) Of The Clan Performing "Mystery Of Chessboxing" On Yo! MTV Raps...The Same Episode They Performed "M.E.T.H.O.D Man. They All Sound VERY Hungry and It's FUNNY As Hell To See RZA Do Ol Dirty Bastard's Verse in His "Gravediggaz" Style. Ol Dirty Could'nt Be There For Some Reason. This Was 1993..So Who Knows! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s518t4dl8j4