Page 69 of 77 FirstFirst ... 1959606162636465666768697071727374757677 LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 1146

Thread: Once Upon a Time in Shaolin/museum tour/1 copy of album

I guess it's like how they think they actually have something to add to their oeuvre by releasing mediocre simulacra of their earlier material.

crappadonna

Its bone and biggie biggie its bone and biggie biggie

Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    cilvaringz, i ask these questions in all sincerity...

from your "clone thugs" comment, you seem mad about this. are you?

if so...

why? wasn't your vision to lead a change in the music industry since music was becoming devalued? is this not flattery?

couldn't people dismiss you by saying you are a Rza clone. the music you make isn't exactly original. kung fu rhymes over sped up soul samples was done before you started doing it.
    Because all this shit has ever really been about is $$$$$$$$ my dude..

Nothing more than greed.

I've known Bone Thugs manager forever-let's be realistic-the one album thing is about nothing but money, not art, so if someone sees that it may make some money they are going to do it.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sinfullycute View Post
    I've known Bone Thugs manager forever-let's be realistic-the one album thing is about nothing but money, not art, so if someone sees that it may make some money they are going to do it.
    what does knowing the manager have anything to do with it? keep your name drops to yourself.

shaolin shadowboxer Frank Drebin's Avatar

cilvaringz, i ask these questions in all sincerity...

from your "clone thugs" comment, you seem mad about this. are you?

if so...

why? wasn't your vision to lead a change in the music industry since music was becoming devalued? is this not flattery?

couldn't people dismiss you by saying you are a Rza clone. the music you make isn't exactly original. kung fu rhymes over sped up soul samples was done before you started doing it.
    Well said
    Quote Originally Posted by SATAN View Post
    Allah is my bitch
    Quote Originally Posted by Methodman View Post
    Can’t stand Cilvaringz, by the way.... It’s never us coming with the gimmicks. It’s always on the outside, a "B" Wu guy or somebody like that coming with some crap that’s just so gimmicky. It makes you scratch your head and say, ‘Why Wu-Tang?’ when it’s not Wu-Tang.
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    That's a guy in those pictures who's a woman?

Corny Nuh! Capitalizing Cilvaringz's Avatar

The key is to look at what we did and take inspiration from it to do something original yourself, not do the exact same thing, that's corny.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by art vandelay View Post
    the other point i wanted to make was i bet somebody steals this idea before rza and cilvaringz are able to do it.

Banned

The concept of selling 1 copy of an album is not original though, Skampoe does it all the time and in all seriousness though it was done 30 years ago with Music For Supermarkets. What is original in the Wu plan is the silver jewelled box it comes with and playing the recording in museums worldwide which to my knowledge hasn't been done, at least on the mass scale of worldwide.

As far as I can tell BTNH will be having a world tour and no special item to go with it. I haven't bothered to keep up with the news though because BTNH have been irrelevant since about 1997

Cilvaringz said he wanted music to be "valued" again and now another group are doing it it becomes corny. I thought you wanted other artists to be like the painters of hundreds of years ago selling their work to the highest bidder?

Or is it the timing?

Or does BTNH doing this potentially de-value Wu Tang Clan doing it?

Serious questions, I'm not hating on Ringz but the clone thugs statement goes against what he was saying it was all about. I don't like the concept of museums and 1 copy albums but it's their music they can do what they want with it.
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

what does knowing the manager have anything to do with it? keep your name drops to yourself.
    If you know Steve, you know he's about nothing but money for his clients. If it's a money making idea, he'll go with it. Don't hate because you don't know anyone in the music industry, who is actually successful. Did you not think that a money making concept would not be copied???? If it works, I would expect more to follow.
    Last edited by sinfullycute; 07-18-2014 at 12:56 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sinfullycute View Post
    If you know Steve, you know he's about nothing but money for his clients. If it's a money making idea, he'll go with it. Don't hate because you don't know anyone in the music industry, who is actually successful. Did you not think that a money making concept would not be copied???? If it works, I would expect more to follow.
    actually, if you click here, you will see that i actually predicted back in March that this would happen.

http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/sho...07&post2435107

i'm not mad that i don't know anybody in the music industry. i was just saying, that you knowing Bone's manager has nothing to do with your point. it was a meaningless name drop.

no matter what the topic, somehow you end up mentioning killa sin not getting paid for his work.

you're just as predictable as charlesjones who discusses ignorant black men and black women no matter what the thread is about.

Sinfullycute I know you keep dodging this question but the corp must know.

Are you a doctor?
    Love thy neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by Cilvaringz View Post
    The key is to look at what we did and take inspiration from it to do something original yourself, not do the exact same thing, that's corny.

you haven't done anything yet

all you have done is tell people about the idea

has the museum tours started? has anyone actually heard a song yet, outside yourself and RZA?

the idea seems to have hit a dead spot.

like Art said, you should just be flattered that some else thought you had a good idea. who gives a shit in the end.......... if nothing but other artists also attempting "your" idea happens, then let it be. don't get all pissy and call it corny and whatever else. you come off childish

I think when group like Bone thugs use the same idea then it means that they are down with yall. It supposed to be cool.
    "Zawissius Niger" Polish knight.