Thread: Once Upon a Time in Shaolin/museum tour/1 copy of album

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I've been reading this thread and all the back and forth for a few weeks now and finally wanna chime in a bit. First off, the parts that I don't like are, the comments trying to discredit Cilvaringz as a dope producer. I've listened to all of The Mental Chamberz albums, I bought the first one eBay years back, and heard the others through various downloads and the Wuki package etc. also, that 24 minute session that he posted on YouTube years ago, had so many sick beats especially the one with Priest spittin on, I actually ripped it and made into an mp3, and still rock to it (with the hopes that I'd get to hear all of those beats on future projects, which apparently this secret album seems to be). I respect his concepts of trying bring back that grimy 90s Wu sound, he's succeeded at that from what I can tell. He has creatively mastered the sound, he has the ear that RZA lost in the 90s early 2000s...to the point where it doesn't sound like RZA carbon copied, but it feels organic and genuine, reminiscent of how 4th Disciple, True Master, and Allah Math have all used it and built upon the sound in their own unique ways, yet still maintaining it. So, when ppl say, "oh this isn't a Wu project, or RZA didn't produced this, so it's not a real project, who is Cilvaringz anyway?" That's retarded shit, because 4th, True Master, and Mathematics aren't known either on a mainstream level, and produced plenty of gems and classics, so it's not about that. And if you're even asking those questions, you shouldn't be upset anyway from not hearing or owning this album, you apparently don't respect the man's talent for beat making because he hasn't produced a Liquid Swords, Cuban Linx, Ironman, or 36 Chambers caliber album yet. I've heard snippets of this album and it sounds every bit as dope as it should, which is what annoys me as a fan, is because THIS IS the album I want to hear from the Clan, since 1997. There's no doubt that this is gonna be their best collective project since Forever. Having said all that, it just makes me wonder, well if we are not gonna get to own this album, then why should any real Wu heads give a fuck about this album? I mean seriously, I remember when I first heard Wu-Tang Forever, bought it the first day it dropped and was actually disappointed by it for some reason. It actually took me a few listens through it, throughout that week, and by the end of that week, I fuckin loved it...and still to this day. Repetition, life is based on it, it's how we enjoy and do shit in our everyday lives, no matter what it is, music, movies, work, sex, food, anything, it's how we live and get through life. Why would I wanna go see a great film, that I could only see once and never own to watch again privately in my own home? Why would I wanna eat a great meal that somebody tells me I could never eat again? Why would I wanna fuck a bad chick, and by some power, be prohibited from ever fucking again in life? So why would I wanna listen to a great Wu-Tang album, 17 years in the making (essentially), and never get a chance to listen to it again??? Huh??? That doesn't seem okay, or any sense of rational thinking to me, and I'm tired of hearing all the "it's about preserving the artistic value of music" rhetoric, lets just call it for what it is....Cilvaringz was originally gonna make this album for the fans, it took six years, and after that time he realized he made something really dope, but he thought to himself, why the fuck should I squander this piece of work that took so long to put together on an undeserving hip hop public. Ringz himself admitted that he knew the album would flop, and of course it would, that's just way of things today, no matter how dope it maybe. So he went to RZA with this marketing idea, that way it causes this big fuss and attention, with RZA/Wu-Tang's name behind, the art gimmick, the sculpted box, and the whole concept of being recorded the traditional 90s style of Wu's classic era, was all enough to get attention from some top investors. Ringz just basically to get paid for all of his hard work, he made a fan album, basically for himself, because that's WHAT HE IS, first and foremost....this was a dream album for him, a true Wu geek project, and he made it himself....for himself. It was originally supposed to be for "us", MAYBE, but like he said,he changed his mind, he's the entitled one....because he feels entitled to be paid. He most likely has other copies of this in various forms, mp3 of course, as well as physical copies somewhere, so he's still gonna get to enjoy it, but now also....get his money for it in the process. He most likely feels that fans dont support him enough (or at all for that matter) and therefore don't deserve the album to just be wasted and pirated forever. I for the record would've bought the album, but whatever. I wouldn't be annoyed, if he would just admit that, I want him to make a video saying, "yo, listen up, fuck you guys, this album isn't for you, it's for me, I feel like I put work in and deserved to get paid, so fuck y'all ". I would have so much more respect for Ringz if he did that, because any other bs explanation to possibly making us accept and go along with this idea is just asinine.
    Last edited by TheWuSepticTank; 05-02-2014 at 05:52 AM.