Page 55 of 77 FirstFirst ... 5454647484950515253545556575859606162636465 ... LastLast

Thread: Once Upon a Time in Shaolin/museum tour/1 copy of album

Quote Originally Posted by TheWuCepticon View Post
    If it's over for the Clan and it's just a "Wu clone" album, then you shouldn't care about this album at all lol yet you sound angry by the premise.
    I Dont care about the album,and im not angry just upsetting when your favourite team shows their tru colors....thats all, and HIPHOP DOES NOT BELONG IN THE MUSEUM...

Quote Originally Posted by Cubanlinx95 View Post
    not this again.

let's make this clear: Cilva is a better producer (today) than all those people you just mentioned. You've seen the 24-minute beat session video and it was 99.9% bangers. none of those bums you mentioned could've pulled off this 31-track album, not even RZA (today). this isn't 1997. Cilva studied from the master and learned well. his beats shine. at least give him that much credit.

I can't speak on the lyrics, but given the energetic beats, I'm guessing everybody brought their A game, especially Ghost, Rae, Shabazz and Killa Sin. what more do you want?

the minute people finally hear this album, the first thing out of their mouths will be, "this is the best Wu album since.....(a)wu tang forever, (b), Cuban Linx, (C), Liquid Swords, or (D) 36 Chambers. notice I didn't mention Supreme Clientele or Ironman or Tical or Return to 36 Chambers or CL2, because this album will most likely destroy them.
    GTFOH,you trying to tell me that cilvaringz got better beats than 4th disciple....smh that 24 minute video was aight nothin special,ACTUALLY PRETTY BORING...BRONZE WILL SHIT ON ANYTHING CILVARINGZ DOES...AND EVEN BRONZE AINT UP ON 4TH DISCIPLE LEVEL...YES CILVARINGZ CAN MAKE HEAT,BUT MY POINT WAS WHY HYPE THIS SHIT UP WHEN ITS NOT EVEN PRODUCED BY THE ORIGINATORS OF THE WU-TANG STYLE...

Quote Originally Posted by LORD_BEATJITZU View Post
    GTFOH,you trying to tell me that cilvaringz got better beats than 4th disciple....smh that 24 minute video was aight nothin special,ACTUALLY PRETTY BORING...BRONZE WILL SHIT ON ANYTHING CILVARINGZ DOES...AND EVEN BRONZE AINT UP ON 4TH DISCIPLE LEVEL...YES CILVARINGZ CAN MAKE HEAT,BUT MY POINT WAS WHY HYPE THIS SHIT UP WHEN ITS NOT EVEN PRODUCED BY THE ORIGINATORS OF THE WU-TANG STYLE...
    well the "originators" don't seem to be interested (or they're incapable) of producing a 31-track Wu album, so Cilva did it instead. Cilva is just hungrier than those guys and he went ahead and did his thing. and I don't care if Ronald McDonald produced the album, as long as the beats are good, which they seem to be

WHY HYPE THIS SHIT UP WHEN ITS NOT EVEN PRODUCED BY THE ORIGINATORS OF THE WU-TANG STYLE...

I agree..... I was thinking about this just today. Cilvaringz is trying to be the abbott of the clan. It should have been the Rza who created this album.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWuCepticon View Post
    Why mention Christ Bearer along with this? I think everybody was trying to forget that incident. This dude has been loosely associated with Wu at best lately. If it's not directly Wu-Tang related, then don't mention it.
    Yes, the guy who's appeared on every RZA solo album, every RZA soundtrack, and every Wu-Tang Killa Bees compilation, and who had his debut album produced by The RZA - in giant letters - is definitely NOT directly Wu-Tang related.

Quote Originally Posted by ShortyCoffeeStain View Post
    Yes, the guy who's appeared on every RZA solo album, every RZA soundtrack, and every Wu-Tang Killa Bees compilation, and who had his debut album produced by The RZA - in giant letters - is definitely NOT directly Wu-Tang related.

My eyes must be going bad because I could've sworn I typed the word "lately" in there, idk. Lately, as in now, or present day, or recently, to make it even clearer. But yeah, most of those albums that he was on are over a decade old. Holocaust aka Warcloud was linked closer to Wu during then as well. But nowadays, it seems Holocaust is also "loosely" connected (after he done lost his mind and rapping ability), if still affiliated at all. But it didn't seem like RZA or the Clan kept any close ties with Bearer recently, seeing as how he hasn't done anything relevant with the Wu in along time, his ties are seemingly LOOSE at best LATELY.

Keywords: LOOSE(LY) and LATELY
    Last edited by TheWuSepticTank; 05-07-2014 at 09:59 PM.
    STAY TUNED.

I Dont care about the album,and im not angry just upsetting when your favourite team shows their tru colors....thats all, and HIPHOP DOES NOT BELONG IN THE MUSEUM...

Word, I agree.
    STAY TUNED.

haven't posted shit about this since the beginning of this debacle

things just seem to sound worse and worse.................. lost a lot of respect for artists I held to a high degree

nobody but the fans commissioned you to make this album, so stop comparing it to pieces of art in that fashion....... this isn't the 16th century, your not Da Vinci, your not Mozart.............. for fuck sakes, your not even the Beatles

the comparison isn't even possible, you are forcing people to think one way when its quite evident that you are a representative of hip hop act from the 90s, your legacy, if you can call it that, is only quite recent and doesn't mean you can think otherwise

you cant tell people "my shit is museum music, go listen to it" I don't think any famous painter said "put my shit in a museum"

you wanna be put on a pedestal like every other legendary artist of historical note, do what they did........... let time tell

at the end, fuck this whole shit.......... I hope it fails cause despite what you are trying to do, you are ruining music....... you might change the industry but not for the better.

Quote Originally Posted by ShortyCoffeeStain View Post

And no, he wasn't on every RZA album. He wasn't on Bobby Digital in Stereo, Digital Bullet, Afro Samurai sountrack, Derailed soundtrack, Kill Bill soundtrack, Birth of A Prince, or The Man With Iron Fists soundtrack.
    STAY TUNED.

Ill fix everyone's problem. Ringz sell your one copy masterpiece, but let the fans get the version of the album you tricked the clan into recording to. You have two versions of the album, would seem to me the one you want to be the art piece is the better of the two. Give the fans the other one.

Look I just solved the problem and put more money in your pocket

The other thing that cracks me up is the idea of a "tour" for this album. So now we can go to the museum to listen to the album only to find out the whole cd couldn't make it out it had to cancel last minute lol

Shaolin Student

Ringz: what Id be interested in knowing is how, exactly, this idea came about, and when. Was it envisioned from the beginning, before any recording was begun? Was it Rza's idea, your idea, a collaborative effort?

theres jus a few fundamental flaws with this entire thing, the two biggest are:

1) wutang has spend the last 2 decades constructing a hardcore, timberland wearing, fanbase. Let be real, most wutang fans are in the every day struggle, just trying to survive. They dont have the time, income or luxury to go to museums. They are completely alienating the fanbase they worked so hard to get. And not to mention the elders, whether at the allah school or wherever they may be, it alienates them as well.

2) A museum is not a comfortable place to listen to music. Most museums are quiet places, while most wutang/hip hop fans like to listen to their music super loud. Even in headphones it would disturb the other rooms. ALso when ppl listen to music, ppl like to sing along...could you imagine singing along to this album in a public place? You would look like a fool & disturb other ppl. And when I listen to music, especially hardcore shit, I like to swing my arms along to the song/beat & bob my entire body to the music. Couldnt do this in a museum. Whats the point in listening to something if you gotta be stiff as a board when you listen?

Overall this idea is full of contradictions. You dont make the most hardcore, raw, rugged album, then only release it in Beverly Hills.....That defeats the purpose. I really REALLY wish ODB would be taken into consideration when making decisions like this. He died for the music, & theres a reason why when he came outa jail he said the only one still reppin the wu was masta killa, everybody else had sold out to certain extents. Before any wu tang related decisions are made, a question of "Would ODB agree with this?" should be asked before anything. ODB would NOT be down with this high class shit. Im pretty sure ODB would be highly against any museums, they prolly wouldnt even let dirt mcgirt in there in the first place dude is so raw & real.

Also it saddens me that Wu-tang was teaching kids instead of going to summer school, before the youth could get gems from the albums, & now in a time of huge ignorance & our people killing each other more than ever (chicago ect) they cannot receive any enlightenment from the clan. Taking knowledge & being selective with it instead of helping your fellow man is on some 10 percenter shit for reals. Sad to see its come down to this

Quote Originally Posted by prof zooruka View Post
    I agree..... I was thinking about this just today. Cilvaringz is trying to be the abbott of the clan. It should have been the Rza who created this album.
    RZA created the last Wu Tang album, that didnt go so well.
    Last edited by TheWuSepticTank; 05-08-2014 at 12:08 AM.
    STAY TUNED.

'

Quote Originally Posted by ChamberCinema View Post
    And when I listen to music, especially hardcore shit, I like to swing my arms along to the song/beat & bob my entire body to the music. Couldnt do this in a museum.
    LOL are you sure?