Page 12 of 77 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212262 ... LastLast

Thread: Once Upon a Time in Shaolin/museum tour/1 copy of album

Lets be reality here folks. Nobody is buying the album for a million dollars. I don't think some of you realize how much money that is.

Those random wu tang verses cilva hired them for sure as shit didn't cost a million dollars. If someone had that much to spend on washed up rappers, they could have easily bought all those verses and hired producers and done it themself.
    Last edited by Luz; 03-27-2014 at 08:14 AM.
    Love thy neighbor

Rap music is entertainment and for it to become art in a museum is a far stretch. It's not as if someone composed a masterpeice. Rap was never that kind of music. I think that this being the ultimate Wu album that Rza didn't do, just shows that Ringz is so far advanced over Rza, because he couldn't put this together or have music even remotely close to what is now one of a kind-just shows that what Rza's done is not that hard and can be duplicated into something claiming a group that he didn't mastermind nor be a head of the music and still be the ultimate Wu album. Makes Rza look like a hack to me, not a unique talent or artist, or it would have been The Cure.
    Last edited by sinfullycute; 03-27-2014 at 08:21 AM.

Platypi on the swarm!! RUSHING PLATYPUS's Avatar

We the fans have been ripping these artists off for years. Cilva put a lot of hard work into this project and wants to make some money for it. I can hardly blame him. The 30-50 dollar listening price is kinda ridiculous imo, but I hope this works for him and he gets a large chunk of money out of it. We will hear it eventually. All of us. Quit your damn crying! We (the fans) have forced artists to try to come up with new ways to make money off of their music. If you don't like it, look in the mirror for blame!

HAHAHAHAAHAHAHA THEY'RE FUCKIN BRAINWASHED!!!! HAHAHAHAHA

rza needs to realize that only power that Wu has nowadays is thier fans, and now they're trying to fuck us so hard with this SPECIAL ONE bullshit, and i bet it ain't worth more than 8 diagrams or iron flag

Quote Originally Posted by sinfullycute View Post
    Rap music is entertainment and for it to become art in a museum is a far stretch.
    True, its art at the same time but obviously the formats of music, paintings, sculptures etc are very different. Art is actually entertainment too, but its just for richer more snobby people.

And people have been getting away with lazy, dumb art exhibits for years under the defence of "it inspires debate about what is art" and stupid shit like that.

I guess its art if a gallery owner says so. If anything the art world is even more phoney bullshit than the music industry.

Veteran Member
    poppa large, big shot on the east coast..

WU was bigger than antyhing in hip-hop industry, until now. haha what a fuckin disaster

Quote Originally Posted by FasterBlade View Post
    what the fuck is this racist bullshit? get this pussy off the board clearly not even a hip hop fan

LOL @ Antonelli acting like hes 6. some of yall are a disgrace lmao
    how was it racist?

Eastern village

Co produced by cilvaringz. No thank you. Probably hes album.
    Sorry Ringz you might be good dude and Im not saying others should not bye this but
    this smells funny to me.... A song from smif n wessuns debut comes to mind..
    Last edited by jaydee3; 03-27-2014 at 09:29 AM.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by check two View Post
    how was it racist?
    'ghetto no hopers'

pretty dismissive of a group of black men who made something out of nothing, toured the world and changed their musical genre.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reiko View Post
    WU was bigger than antyhing in hip-hop industry, until now. haha what a fuckin disaster
    not really, hasnt been that in a long time. they are bigger than most of their peers (if not all) from the early 90's but have not been a big commercial presence since The W

^^ but still they make moves destroying the legacy...

... like taking candy from a baby

Hello, everybody! DR. NICK RIVIERA's Avatar

Default where is the it's coming thread?

not coming?
    bring back begongo!!

Are U aware I ban @ will? MASTER PAI MEI's Avatar

FYI - Most musuem exhibitions cost either $10-$25 on top of the $10 you pay for General Admission.

And that is to see multiple pieces/multiple mediums of art by different artists.

I've seen this happen to an extent with an ANDY WARHOL exhibition. Mind you the music was archival from Velvet Underground and they even had archival footage of Velvet Underground playing, interviews, pictures and so on. It was cool to see the ambience was great totally took you back to that era. They set up one of the galleries to play music another to play archived footage, another with lights and furniture, another with old photo's and so on. It was indeed unique to see and since I do work at a Museum on the weekends it was free for me. Just like this would be.
    Last edited by MASTER PAI MEI; 03-27-2014 at 10:49 AM.