Page 14 of 77 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232464 ... LastLast

Thread: Once Upon a Time in Shaolin/museum tour/1 copy of album

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Blue Bally Kid View Post
    What if Drake buys the only copy? And puts RnB hooks on all the tracks and replaces the music with production by the Weeknd?
    It would probably be an improvement.

Veteran Member

As a music fan I think it's a great way of giving music the respect it deserves.

Veteran Member

What I don't like about the museum tour is that we're going to have to put up with all the posers/hipsters at the museums. I can already hear them, "Who is this Scientific Shabazz, I never heard of La The Darkman?"
    Ghostface on 50 Cent:
    "Yo, this ape needs to stop injecting himself with them stroiods. He's acting up, he better chill out before New York puts his ass on the bench."
    Ghostface on Eminem:
    "That pilgrim needs to back off. He ain't got no street cred, thats my word."

Quote Originally Posted by MANISH View Post
    As a music fan I think it's a great way of giving music the respect it deserves.
    no

CORNED BEEF SAMMICH the blazed sage's Avatar

in addition to all the racism in this thread I noticed a good amount of anti-semitism, too. let's chill with that, shall we?

Default "Once Upon A Time In Shaolin" TRACKLIST!

I smell a classic!

DISK 1:

01: Intro w/ Raekwon The Chef
    02: Inspectah Deck, Killah Priest, Killa Sin, Streetlife & Method Man
    03: Ghostface Killah, Shabazz The Disciple, Killa Sin, Killah Priest, Raekwon The Chef & U-God (Chorus) [prod by Cilvaringz]
    04: Skit - Part I [Interlude] RZA w/ Ghostface Killah, Killa Sin, Raekwon The Chef & U-God (Background Vocals)
    05: Ghostface Killah, La The Darkman, 12 O'Clock, Killa Sin & Raekwon The Chef
    06: U-God (Solo)
    07: Method Man, Redman, Raekwon The Chef, Inspectah Deck, U-God & Masta Killa
    08: "The Weeping Tiger" w/ Inspectah Deck & Raekwon The Chef [prod by RZA]
    09: Masta Killa, Killah Priest & Shyheim
    10: GZA/Genius, Inspectah Deck & Raekwon The Chef (Chorus)
    11: Poppa Wu, Inspectah Deck, Killa Sin & Shabazz The Disciple
    12: RZA & U-God
    13: Skit - Part II [Interlude] RZA w/ T.B.A.
    14: Interlude - Movie
    15: "In The Name Of Allah" w/ Masta Killa, Killah Priest, RZA, Cilvaringz & Shabazz The Disciple (Chorus) [prod by RZA & Cilvaringz]
    16: "Rainy Dayz Part II" w/ Ghostface Killah & Raekwon The Chef

DISK 2:

01: Intro w/ Inspectah Deck & Raekwon The Chef
    02: Ol' Dirty Bastard, Shabazz The Disciple, Prodigal Sunn, 12 O'Clock & Zoo Keeper
    03: Cappadonna (Short Solo) & Vanessa Liftig (Chorus)
    04: Shabazz The Disciple, Prodigal Sunn, Beretta 9, Killa Sin & U-God
    05: U-God (Solo) & Poppa Wu
    06: Raekwon The Chef, RZA, U-God & Killah Priest (Outro)
    07: Raekwon The Chef, Masta Killa & Method Man
    08: RZA, Cappadonna, 12 O'Clock & Poppa Wu
    09: Ghostface Killah, Raekwon The Chef & Tekitha
    10: Inspectah Deck, Ghostface Killah, Cappadonna, Killah Priest & Shabazz The Disciple
    11: RZA (Solo) w/ Raekwon The Chef & Killah Priest (Intro & Background Vocals)
    12: "Diary Of A Mad Woman" w/ Frukwan, RZA, Featherz & Tekitha (Chorus) w/ Shabazz The Disciple & Killah Priest (Intro)
    13: Shabazz The Disciple & Killah Priest
    14: Outro - Movie
    15: Instrumental Outro
    -----> Check Rev. William Burks aka Chuuuch "Nigowkno", "Runnit" and "Ganja"
    -----> KAMi Genesis, vol1, vol2 and vol3- beat tapes
    https://open.spotify.com/artist/48z4...QcWWL0Pat0qEDQ

crushed out heavenly Ghost In The 'Lac's Avatar

An album not produced by RZA isn't a 'Wu Tang Clan album', and shouldn't be labelled as such.

RZA's comments though like "We're making a single-sale collector's item. This is like somebody having the scepter of an Egyptian king." just sounds fucking dumb. That ruins it. The only thing this idea has going for it is the "concept art" angle, or as some sort of political statement about the music industry. But it's clear it's actually purely about publicity, and probably money. Which sucks.

Damn, if that shit is true, this really would be a vintage album.
    Emotions are for the weak, so I sold mine to the highest bidder.

CORNED BEEF SAMMICH

Quote Originally Posted by the blazed sage View Post
    in addition to all the racism in this thread I noticed a good amount of anti-semitism, too. let's chill with that, shall we?

shut up u stupid jew

This is what Wu-Tang's all about. Making albums with a throwback sound only a few rich people can hear. And making half-assed albums with shitty R&B hooks for the masses.

Music is saved.

Banned

my thoughts are all over the place on this so i'll bullet point...

•i've never been a fan or supporter of cilvaringz, but this idea has me excited about wu for the first time in years.

•first things first, the music has to be unbelievable from cover to cover. if it's not, this doesn't work at all. and not just good, it has to be 5 mics shit. every song... lyrics and beats

•ringz himself admitted in the article that this could be a huge flop, so cut him some slack

•for those complaining about paying up to $50... the majority of us our in our 30s by now. if you can't afford $50 for an evening at a museum then i feel sorry for you

•for those of you complaining that these are old verses cut & pasted together over old beats, why do you even care? this album wasn't for you whether it was for free or fee.

•i would think it wouldn't be pay your $50, listen to music and go home. i'm sure there's a lot more involved. i believe it was ben who mentioned photos and other exhibits. there will probably be meet & greets, live performances, q&a's, etc.

•for those complaining that they want to listen to this at home, it's like when people say that they'd rather watch a football game at home. it's cheaper, you don't have to pay to park, pay to get drunk, deal with traffic, parking etc, but nothing can beat the experience of going to a live sporting event surrounded by thousands of like minded fans.

•this album will more than likely be available to you in your home, but just not when you want. you'll have to wait. just like before the internet, you had to go to a theater to see a new movie, or wait for it to be a rental, or then wait for hbo, and if you didn't have hbo, you had to wait for TBS to get it and edit out the boobs and swear words.

•of course cilvaringz was smart to attach rza to this project. it's no different than when truemaster would produce a beat back in the day and rza would sell it to somebody else saying he produced it. wu-tang would get more money and publicity for a beat produced by rza than true master.

•i'd love to know what rza's cut is on this project. if everything goes according to plan and this is a huge hit and they make millions, i predict a huge fallout between rza and ringz because rza is probably going to get a bigger cut of the money and ringz is going to be pissed because this was his project and he will feel that rza just attached his name and contacts to this.

intresting

Reading the tracklist is the closest we'll ever come to hearing it.

there trying to treat music like visual art and it isn't.

having the original piece of music isn't the same as owning an original Van Gogh. it never will be because the mediums are different. yes, music is an artform but its not in the same place as visual art. music has always been for people to commune over in there own ways.

your basically telling us how to enjoy it, when we can enjoy it, and where we can enjoy it. music is for the fans, not for the artists. its always been that way.

do I think music is dying, no. I work in a record store, I deal in CDs and vinyl, everyday of my life, people still want the regular formats of music. most people don't understand. ya sure downloads are higher then CD sales, but most those people download still buy the album.

this idea is just for artist satisfaction, fans don't want to be told how to listen or when they will be able too listen it. your basically pushing your fans away to create a buzz........ and not only fans, but potential new fans, or general music listeners.

from the point of view as a record shop owner, fan and what im hearing from my customers....... this idea is going to kill music.

Im not mad at Ringz, its a brave endeavour, but the idea disappoints me as a fan of music.
    Last edited by THE MASON; 03-27-2014 at 02:37 PM.